Bowie or Breno?

Should the Seahawks start Bowie or Breno?

• Michael Bowie

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Breno Giacomini

Votes: 109 90.8%

• Total voters

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Breno will most likely be back in a few weeks. Bowie has done a more than adequate job filling in for him and is probably the future at the position. Should we keep starting him at RT after Breno comes back?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Breno should start if he's 100%, though Bowie has flashed nicely in some games.

The bigger question IMO is who should start at Guard once Okung and Breno come back. I think Carp at LG and McQ at RG gives us the best shot. Yet I almost find it impossible to believe that Cable will ever give up on the Sweezy experiment.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This is why i was hoping we'd get Kyle Long in the draft, although the Bears were wise and took him earlier than he was projected so he wouldn't have been there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bellingerga":4jxqe503 said:
the one person who chose bowie should NOT be made fun of because it's not nice to pick on the disabled.

Who knew Bowie's mom was a member here?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I voted Bowie. Only because I know when Breno gets back people will change their mind and want Bowie.

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ny2wr6kx said:
Breno should start if he's 100%, though Bowie has flashed nicely in some games.

The bigger question IMO is who should start at Guard once Okung and Breno come back. I think Carp at LG and McQ at RG gives us the best shot. Yet I almost find it impossible to believe that Cable will ever give up on the Sweezy experiment.

He wont give up on it because it is working. Sweezy is the best Guard we have.

SeahawkSack

Reaction score
Bowie's Mom? I saw his whole family after the Rams game as we were walking to join the other 12's in front of the ESPN desk. Gave a high five to his little brother and everything.... nice kid.

I vote Breno (at least for now).

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1oq7raa4 said:
? Sweezy is horrible

If you actually paid attention to the OL and just didn't spew what you hear from everyone else you would know that he is the best Guard we have.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2dsdv1p8 said:
I voted Bowie. Only because I know when Breno gets back people will change their mind and want Bowie.

We will never want Bowie. Ever.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, if you mean getting a penalty that negates a good play, numerous times, yeah, he's a good guard. He might eventually be good, obviously there's a learning curve. But him and McQuistan are both horrible.

Yet, the team is 7-1, love it :th2thumbs:

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
So even though he is our best run blocker and vastly improved in pass protection, because he got 1 dumb penalty he sucks? Pretty solid logic there.

OP
OP
thebanjodude

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Wait, what's been wrong with Bowie's play? All in-depth analysis of the games he's played in tend to single him out as doing a good job.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":3imy3te9 said:
So even though he is our best run blocker and vastly improved in pass protection, because he got 1 dumb penalty he sucks? Pretty solid logic there.

What evidence do you have that he is the best run blocker on the team and vastly improved in pass protection? Penalties matter. His two from Monday's game resulted in a net loss of 45 yards. PFF is grading Sweezy lower than Carp right now (though it's close).

Random Seahawks bloggers:

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 28 Oct
can we move on from Sweezy Tom?

Terry Blount ‏@TerryBlountESPN 28 Oct
It's time to send Sweezy to the bench and put Lemuel Jeanpierre in his spot. Jeanpierre played pretty well at C when Unger was out.

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 28 Oct
I'd be curious to see how many drives Sweezy has just straight killed this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Since this is about Bowie or Breno I will say Bowie is a 22 Y.O. 7th round choice that probably should be on a practice squad someplace and he is doing fairly well considering the circumstances.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
thebanjodude":3kwsbtmb said:
Wait, what's been wrong with Bowie's play? All in-depth analysis of the games he's played in tend to single him out as doing a good job.

Long's 3 sacks and 4 tackles says otherwise.

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
HAHAHA.....so some hacks from wanna be websites say he he didn't play well? If i wasn't so lazy i could find articles praising him. How about actually pay attention to the OL instead of letting everyone make up your mind for you. He is better than McQ. He is better than Bowie. He is better than Carpenter. Bottom line. Stats show how much better the yardage is when Lynch runs right.

P.S - the fact you used PFF as information makes you lose all credibility

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wtlcvrc said:
thebanjodude":1wtlcvrc said:

Long's 3 sacks and 4 tackles says otherwise.

One game. No one is perfect.