Remember the pre-season rumor

blkhwk

Reaction score
Remember during TC when it was reported a Seahawk veteran was concerned about his role, and there was even speculation that the player would be released. Most of the speculation surrounded around Red Bryant and Mebane. Which of course was not true.

After what I have seen this year, I have to think this may have been Marshawn. Not from a threat of being released perspective, but after watching the past two games, makes one wonder if it wasn't Marshawn who was concerned about his role this year. Anyone else think anything about this?

MrCarey

Reaction score
I don't think so. He has the 4th most yards in the NFL.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I remember that. It came immediately prior to Robinson being released, so I kind of assumed it was him. I doubt marshawn was concerned about possibly losing his job.

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
I don't think it was about his job as much as his role in the offense. Not sure if was him or not, but the offense his carries are down, maybe in an attempt to keep him fresher or maybe b/c Bevell is trying to expand the offensive playbook and options.

Basis4day

Reaction score
blkhwk":26pe0asv said:
Remember during TC when it was reported a Seahawk veteran was concerned about his role, and there was even speculation that the player would be released. Most of the speculation surrounded around Red Bryant and Mebane. Which of course was not true.

After what I have seen this year, I have to think this may have been Marshawn. Not from a threat of being released perspective, but after watching the past two games, makes one wonder if it wasn't Marshawn who was concerned about his role this year. Anyone else think anything about this?

Lynch rarely speaks to reporters. Don't think it was him at all.

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
It wasn't one of the players speaking to reporters, it was pure speculation from an "insider", and was reported on this board during TC. Everyone assumed it was Red or Mebane. My observation is that Lynch's body language on the sideline etc. says he may be feeling slighted. Also remember who/what the first draft pick was (esp. when you look at other areas of greater need).

Just a thought......

Dismas

Reaction score
The rumor as stated was a "paid veteran" on the dline, iirc.

I think it was Clem, and that the followup, which was that he had nothing to worry about, was absolutely correct.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Lynch would not have made it an hour on the FA market if he was released.

Green Bay, Jets/Giants, Indy, Raiders, Broncos just to name a few would have jumped at the chance to land him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dismas":icylksv1 said:
The rumor as stated was a "paid veteran" on the dline, iirc.

I think it was Clem, and that the followup, which was that he had nothing to worry about, was absolutely correct.

Yup. A veteran Dlinemen was the rumor.

Brahn

Reaction score
It was a lineman but not from the Dline. The timing was really close to when Moffit was traded. I know they said Dline but I bet it was "Line" and the persona dded the D part.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Winfield or Robinson. Definitely not Marshawn. 27years old and in the middle of his prime. Why release such a player? At the least he'd make a valuable trade bargaining chip.

themunn

Reaction score
blkhwk":pv52odmd said:

Marshawn doesn't play on the D-Line

BASF

Reaction score
I know that the rumor featured the word "paid" D-linemen, but the way that Clinton McDonald has played since being cut and returning, my guess would go to him. I never considered him to be dogging it last season, but I was pointing out more than a few times about how little impact he made. There were only three plays that stick out in my mind from him last season and only one of them was really positive. This season after returning has been night and day. Suddenly he is a gap penetrating DT with 3.5 sacks. I have been very impressed with his play.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
BASF":zj2uq3qp said:
I know that the rumor featured the word "paid" D-linemen, but the way that Clinton McDonald has played since being cut and returning, my guess would go to him. I never considered him to be dogging it last season, but I was pointing out more than a few times about how little impact he made. There were only three plays that stick out in my mind from him last season and only one of them was really positive. This season after returning has been night and day. Suddenly he is a gap penetrating DT with 3.5 sacks. I have been very impressed with his play.

He's not "paid" tho

el capitan

Reaction score
Or maybe it was one of those unfounded rumours that turned out to be BS.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
To me, it was either Robinson or Winfield.

But something in the back of my mind remembers the news stating it had to do with a dline man?