Earl Thomas is a missile

bigtrain21

Reaction score
He makes everyone else look like they are running in quick sand and we have a fast defense.

AzRplz

Exittium

Reaction score
too bad he didn't hit him more directly, I like how pissed clemens was when he got up

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
He was feeling that one for the rest of the game. Would not surprise me if ol' boy bruised or broke some ribs on that play.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Exittium":tm5mlo8b said:
too bad he didn't hit him more directly, I like how pissed clemens was when he got up

LMAO! Impressive by #29! I love the way Clemens locked his eyes onto Thomas once he was done spinning around! :lol:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Actually, those missile shots turn into Brian Russell-style "OLE!" whiffs once or twice a game on average. He misses quite a few tackles. I don't think he missed a single one Monday, though.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I still don't understand why the QB decided to absorb that shot -- talk about a terrible decision. No shame in sliding, son. Live to fight another day.

OP
OP
bigtrain21

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Exittium":3uzwu3px said:

I think he was actually in shock. Did you hear Richard Sherman's press conference where he discussed Clemens asking him about him on the next play.

2uskh2v

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I was really surprised he didn't cough that ball up.

E.T. can have a nickname all to himself, he's that good. ICBM. Inter Collision Ballistic Missile.

OP
OP
bigtrain21

bigtrain21

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2rs3uj74 said:
I still don't understand why the QB decided to absorb that shot -- talk about a terrible decision. No shame in sliding, son. Live to fight another day.

I don't think he was expecting him. He looked up and saw him and braced himself but I don't think he had time to slide.

hawk45

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2rme8q31 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":2rme8q31 said:

I don't think he was expecting him. He looked up and saw him and braced himself but I don't think he had time to slide.

Yeah I honestly think the first time he saw Earl was out of the corner of his eye and the next image his mind processed was his chest caving in. Dude was a blur on that play.

Snohomie

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1i0uztol said:
Actually, those missile shots turn into Brian Russell-style "OLE!" whiffs once or twice a game on average. He misses quite a few tackles. I don't think he missed a single one Monday, though.

Yeah, for ET, The missile style highlight is often accompanied by a missile style miss. It's gambling on a lane and his ability to recover and still make some sort of tackle if he has to adjust. The ones that work result in that kind of hit. The ones that don't work, well, they're often whiffs.

But most of those whiffs are on a play a Safety like Russell never gets to in the first place. Thomas hasn't missed tackles as the last line of defense very often, IMO.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Remember all those draft analysts who didn't think Earl Thomas was big enough to be an NFL safety? They all look kinda stupid now. And what about those Bob Sanders comparisons? Dude has started every single game of his career.

Can't say enough about how awesome he is. Every DB gets burned at times during the course of a season, but few impact the game quite like Earl Thomas.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Exittium":3szlqb99 said:

That wasn't anger in his eyes, that was pure shock.

ET was just an animal that game.

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2fxjshfu said:
Exittium":2fxjshfu said:

I think he was actually in shock. Did you hear Richard Sherman's press conference where he discussed Clemens asking him about him on the next play.

image.php

It kind of looks like he's saying "did you see that missile? oh my god dude"

jkitsune

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":1cs8a8ks said:
bigtrain21":1cs8a8ks said:
Exittium":1cs8a8ks said:

image.php

It kind of looks like he's saying "did you see that missile? oh my god dude"

It looks like "Who hit me?" (Sherman replies) "Ohhh my God."

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Thank goodness for Earl Thomas. He's been the glue holding the D together this year.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I remember the Miami game last year where ET got a roughness penalty on the QB when the ball left the QBs hand. Thats the risk we run sometimes.

dradee

Reaction score
ET came from the other side of the field to make that play!