Jordan Hill

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Just playing behind too much talent right now, I think. He's looked pretty good in limited action.

stack600

Reaction score
Hey he has a sack if I remember right. As a Rookie he and Michaels get slipped into the inactive list most weeks, depending on the opponent.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DavidSeven":n9wlrvzy said:
Just playing behind too much talent right now, I think. He's looked pretty good in limited action.
Thats what I thought....wasn't sure if he was injured or not.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Cut him.. he doesn't get to the QB everytime and cause interceptions returned for TDs.. Pitchforks, Tar and feathers put away now..

Exactly what DavidSeven said.. contrary to some people's opinions around here this week.. the defensive line is pretty damn good

Basis4day

Reaction score
Only 46 players get to suit up on gameday. Someones gotta sit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's this year's Jay Howard, the other guys are just better than him so far.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Nothing against Hill, but I sure wish we had take an OL in round 2 or 3

seabowl

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3iix2ygo said:
He's this year's Jay Howard, the other guys are just better than him so far.

Almost all of our rooks are this years Howard.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We'll see, some of them needed a redshirt year anyways. Some for injuries and some for adjustment to the NFL (Michael). I do have the sense we may see more of Jordan Hill before the year is over.

In terms of the draft though only 2 ( 7th-Bowie and 6th-Willson) of this year's draft picks are playing regular repetitions. Of the rest all but those two have been nicked up some or have problems with some part of their game as identified by the coaches. If they aren't nicked up, the players have been cut (Powell) or may soon be (Simon) or are on IR (Williams & Ware) or IRPS (Smith), or PUP (simon perhaps soon to be IR'd and decisions on a few of them will need to be made really soon along with last years 5th round pick (Toomer). Meanwhile this year's traded 1st and next year's traded 3rd round picks are PUP'd as Percy may be be back sometime soon despite being paid big big big $.

Out of fairness the ability to fairly judge any draft class can't be made for at least 3 seasons and each of the players that are out may turn out to be special in time.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":1eg3ygz5 said:
McDonald earned Hill's snaps.

This ^^^

Let the rook get mental reps and continue to workout with the S&C staff. He should be physically and mentally ready for more reps next season. IMO, he WOULD have had more reps by now if the OL was healthy enough to allow us some blowouts. I look forward to seeing him an The Monstar at full strength next season.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yup Clinton Mcdonald has been a huge surprise this year. Funny how bad we needed inside pressure last your and Mcdonald is average at best, then we go out and draft a DT cut Mcdonald only to have him come back and be a beast.

chris98251

Reaction score
Good thing for us really, gives rookies time to get themselves in NFL shape and get a NFL body along with reps in offense or defense. It also means that Pete and John are doing something right with Vets, FA and development of players.

bigcc

Reaction score
he's looked decent when I've seen him in, but mcdaniels/mcdonald are playing like they're playing for a new contract...... which they are.

Not worried in the slightest.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
We are playing to win a SB...I like the idea of rookies playing minimal roles and/or redshirting. Jordan Hill, Jesse Williams, and Tharold Simon have a chance to a) get healthy, b) see what it's like to be a pro, c) realize they gotta dig deep to get on the field.

I see nothing wrong with high potential guys waiting in the fold.