LaCanfora rains on my parade...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well, hopefully Humble Thug will be ready for next season.

On a positive note, both those guys should get pretty signifigant contracts from somebody, so if they sign with somebody else we should get some pretty nice compensatory draft picks.

I have a feeling that Thurmond will re-sign with the Seahawks though, just a gut feeling.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't see us losing Thurmond, personally. I think he'll want to stay and start in this secondary, and he hasn't been a long-term starting corner. I may be over-rating this aspect of what is admittedly a cold business, but the Seahawks have stuck with Thurmond real hard through several injuries and will have a spot for him to start next year. I think he'll take a fair (but lucrative) contract and stay here.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Yeah. It's going to be tough. Sidney gone and Browner gone will allow us to pay someone, but there will be some tough decisions being made on players like Thurmond, Golden Tate, Bobby Wagner, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Marshawn Lynch becomes a cap casualty after next year either, if Turbin or Michael look like they can play.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I bet if you asked La Canfora about the chances of Seattle signing Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett a year ago he would've laughed.

Johnny

Reaction score
I don't think we will lose Browner, We just gave him a 'bonus pay raise' this year for a discounted contract for next years .... this is the sneaky John Schneider way 8)

and, I don't see Thurmond costing much for next year also... I think we can keep both at a reasonable price.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
That constitutes news? Find out what contracts are expiring on a team's good players, then speculate that team might not be able to keep them?

Damm, do I have the wrong job!

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I believe that Thurmond is all but gone....someone will definitely overpay him this off-season. Plus he seems to crave the opportunity to be a #1 CB on someones team. Browner I think is a very unique case. He seems VERY connected personally to the rest of the secondary. Browner also seems very grateful to the Seahawks for giving him an opportunity. His skill seems to also be very scheme specific based on how the Seahawks have created their defense. Not sure that there will be the interest that LaCanfora suggests for him, and he would be someone likely to accept less money to stay in Seattle.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I choose not to think about it right now. Things under this administration always seem to turn out different than we think.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":b9ibfhy6 said:
I believe that Thurmond is all but gone....someone will definitely overpay him this off-season. Plus he seems to crave the opportunity to be a #1 CB on someones team. Browner I think is a very unique case. He seems VERY connected personally to the rest of the secondary. Browner also seems very grateful to the Seahawks for giving him an opportunity. His skill seems to also be very scheme specific based on how the Seahawks have created their defense. Not sure that there will be the interest that LaCanfora suggests for him, and he would be someone likely to accept less money to stay in Seattle.
Agree with everything in your post.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Don't like hearing that, but this FO has worked miracles before so lets wait and see.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Browner will have a real limited market. Not a lot of teams will want him, and he's getting burnt more often this year. I doubt he commands that much money.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
C-Dub":1k5eh2bt said:
Browner will have a real limited market. Not a lot of teams will want him, and he's getting burnt more often this year. I doubt he commands that much money.

I disagree. Browner started the year injured and since his return he (if you throw out his benching for half a game) has been very solid. Anyone playing in the same secondary as Sherman and Thomas is going to look ordinary by comparison. But I guarantee you that their are more than a few teams coveting a guy with Browners established skillset. Thurmond less so but still could start for a lot of teams out there! Now the question is who amongst those has the cap space to throw that kind of money at guys like this?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'll worry about his after the superb OWL.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Really Hope we keep bb. But if teams throw a ton of money at them, I understand. I think we have the depth to sustain both losses.