Why do I get the feeling that....

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
Okung, Breno and Percy won't play at all? Just can't shake the feeling. The lack of specific details coming from Pete really worries me.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Nobody can answer that accept for you fellow 12.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Okung literally can't play until he has sat 8 games regardless of his injury. There is no incentive to provide this information. What sort of specific details are to expecting to receive?

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":1usuvstt said:
Okung, Breno and Percy won't play at all? Just can't shake the feeling. The lack of specific details coming from Pete really worries me.

* thought OP was talking about this week *

Pete has all but said that none of them will play. Said it wasn't realistic to expect Breno with only one week of practice, Okung is ineligible and with regard to Percy, he just keeps brushing the question aside with "we'll see how he looks tomorrow" (but he's said that for a while).

Also, with regard to Percy he's made a point to describe Percy's activity as "rehab", not "practice".

Largent80

Reaction score
Breno had arthroscopic on his knee, definitely will be back. Okung a ligament in his toe, will be back, Harvin is getting in game shape, and will play.

Feel better?

iigakusei

Reaction score
I am glad you arent a Patriots fan...Bellichek gives out ZERO info regarding injuries.

Basis4day

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":6xwfhhpd said:
SeahawksForever":6xwfhhpd said:

Pete has all but said that none of them will play. Said it wasn't realistic to expect Breno with only one week of practice, Okung is ineligible and with regard to Percy, he just keeps brushing the question aside with "we'll see how he looks tomorrow" (but he's said that for a while).

What incentive is there to say anything to the contrary? They DO need to wait and see.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Basis4day":gv7lyfef said:
E.C. Laloosh":gv7lyfef said:
SeahawksForever":gv7lyfef said:

What incentive is there to say anything to the contrary? They DO need to wait and see.

Are you asking me? I'm inferring that this along with the use of the term "rehab" make it fairly obvious what we should expect.

Basis4day

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2zvx4wvd said:
Basis4day":2zvx4wvd said:
E.C. Laloosh":2zvx4wvd said:
SeahawksForever":2zvx4wvd said:

Are you asking me? I'm inferring that this along with the use of the term "rehab" make it fairly obvious what we should expect.

Yes. I am asking you you what you expect them to say, not what you want them to say.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I have the same unfortunate, nagging feeling that Harvin never plays a down for the Hawks this year. I base it SOLELY on gut instinct.

OP
OP
SeahawksForever

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":vdz8vju9 said:
I have the same unfortunate, nagging feeling that Harvin never plays a down for the Hawks this year. I base it SOLELY on gut instinct.

See, I'm not the only one!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Basis4day":343mj4c0 said:
E.C. Laloosh":343mj4c0 said:
Basis4day":343mj4c0 said:
E.C. Laloosh":343mj4c0 said:

Yes. I am asking you you what you expect them to say, not what you want them to say.

Okay, I have to say that I'm confused about why you'd question my use of that sentence. Did I say that he *should* tell us more or did I infer (as I said) that his phrasing seems to answer the question that the OP was asking.

Make sense?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":2lgpbc88 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2lgpbc88 said:

ridiculous. These guys will play, Give them time. Frankly I don't see any of them playing until after the bye week. I think all three will play against the Saints. If it get's to that point and still no one's playing then I'd get worried. Until then no big deal. We don't need these 3 to win the next 2 weeks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete is being vague about injuries because injury recovery is not an exact science, so not sure what you're looking for here.

If Pete says "I know for a fact that Percy will play in the Atlanta game," and he has a setback, then everyone freaks out. That's not fair to anyone, thus the vagueness. Sure it's frustrating because we all want to more exactly information, including the players and coaches. But that's not the reality of injuries. Too many variables.

OP
OP
SeahawksForever

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
jlwaters1":5u3dw0k1 said:
SeahawksForever":5u3dw0k1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":5u3dw0k1 said:

ridiculous. These guys will play, Give them time. Frankly I don't see any of them playing until after the bye week. I think all three will play against the Saints. If it get's to that point and still no one's playing then I'd get worried. Until then no big deal. We don't need these 3 to win the next 2 weeks.

We don't? Russell was sacked 7 times by the Rams and pressured on 40% of our plays against the Bucs. You saw what happened to Rogers. Meanwhile, Red Bryant has a concussion, Rice is done for the year and we're going back on the road. I'm not saying we're going to lose -- I don't think we will -- but at the very least stick Harvin in there. Why wait until the last minute and hope he's in midseason form? What's wrong with a warm up game against Atlanta or Minnesota? Sorry but I don't think wanting a game-changing receiver playing despite some minor discomfort is "ridiculous."

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3fp3lsde said:
hawksfansinceday1":3fp3lsde said:

Just remember what your guts are full of. ;)

SoulfishHawk":3fp3lsde said:
I have a "gut feeling" that the Hawks win the whole thing.

SoulfishHawk has much nicer things in his guts apparently. :mrgreen:

Seeker

Reaction score
Pete answers injury issues with the same illusiveness of a dude on Maury Povich claiming his baby mama.

"is that my girl? ummmm errr define My-girl for me...."