Michael Bennett or Cliff Avril

Who has had the better season or bigger impact this season?

• Cliff Avril

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Michael Bennett

Votes: 94 97.9%

• Total voters

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bennett.

Avril has been great and worth his contract, but Bennett has been a beast at both DT and DE.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think Bennett has made more plays this year and is more versatile, but it has more to do with the fact that he's asked to do more, and I believe he is out on the field more than Avril. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into an Avril bash fest, because I REALLY do think he's made a ton of positive contributions to the team this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd go with Bennett due to the versatility.

Avril has been pretty damned good and getting better. Considering he missed a chunk of the offseason, he can probably play better for us as the season goes on.

Funny, but freakin Clemons still looks damn good, despite his "advanced" age and just coming off of ACL surgery. I theorized that Avril's contract would carry him until the end of Clemons' contract, where then we would let Clem go in FA and keep Avril, but right now Clem is going to make that decision tough.

OP
OP
CaptBennett

CaptBennett

Reaction score
kidhawk":8dkhrw65 said:
I think Bennett has made more plays this year and is more versatile, but it has more to do with the fact that he's asked to do more, and I believe he is out on the field more than Avril. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into an Avril bash fest, because I REALLY do think he's made a ton of positive contributions to the team this year.

Me neither, I was just wondering how other people have seen their progressions. I honestly think we will sign either one or both of these players to contract extensions.

CANHawk

Reaction score
yep, no insult to Avril but Bennett has been the missing piece of the puzzle for our pass rush. dude is all kinds of disruptive out there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not really a fan of "this guy vs. that guy" threads. What's the point?

Avril's doing exactly what we wanted when we signed him -- causing havoc and stripping the ball. Bennett has been surprisingly versatile and disruptive as an inside-outside rusher. Seems both were good signings.

OP
OP
CaptBennett

CaptBennett

Reaction score
DavidSeven":243xb2hi said:
Not really a fan of "this guy vs. that guy" threads. What's the point?

Avril's doing exactly what we wanted when we signed him -- causing havoc and stripping the ball. Bennett has been surprisingly versatile and disruptive as an inside-outside rusher. Seems both were good signings.

It's not "this guy vs. that guy", it's just seeing who has had a more contributing input to the team so far. They both have had extraordinary seasons, all I'm asking for is for some thoughts.

stack600

Reaction score
I voted Bennett, got to love the turf crawl. Agreed Both are Beasts.
That being said, I want to see a sack attack game like the Monday Night 1st half against G.B. and Rodgers last year, We can just leave out the Tate catch at the end to win.(Just so we don't get Packer fans bitching again)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What was up with Avril's tantrum yesterday?

As far as this poll? I'll take Bennett over Avril, he's a far more complete player. Outside, inside, good against the run, good against the pass. Avril's pretty much just a pass rusher. A very good one, but not as complete as Bennett.

stack600

Reaction score
Bullying, Incognito snuck on the sidelines. (No probably should'nt make fun of a serious subject going on in Miami) I was wondering that also.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Bennett has done so well I'd be ok if we cut Red Bryant to extend Bennett with Bryants salary. If Da Monster Jesse Williams can get his knees right he will lessen the blow of the loss of Bryant.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I don't like this thread either. Its a team that takes to win!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I really like Bennett. He is versatile , stout and gets a nice push.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I feel like we need a few more votes to get a better answer. The results are a bit murky.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CaptBennett":31fyoi2r said:
kidhawk":31fyoi2r said:

Me neither, I was just wondering how other people have seen their progressions. I honestly think we will sign either one or both of these players to contract extensions.

I didn't think you were trying to "start something" It was more of a pre-emptive post since so many of these "which player" threads seem to turn that way.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Bennett so far has more to his stats, but there are still 6 regular season games to go. They both were great players we picked up.