Browner suspended a year for non-PED drug abuse per ESPN?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • the ditch wrote:That's disappointing, his NFL career is done if his appeal doesn't win.

Schefter reported he had his appeal already,IIRC.
    nepahawk
    NET Starter

• Smelly McUgly wrote:I mean, I feel like as long as we go 3-2 and get Thurm back for the playoffs, we'll be okay. It's not like an asteroid hit Earl Thomas and knocked his corpse into Richard Sherman's car, causing Sherm to swerve off a bridge and into a canyon full of jagged rocks.

On the other hand, I am at a loss for words that Browner makes it out of the CFL only to do his best to whiff on a decent NFL contract for the only time in his career and head right back to the CFL.

I care more about Thurmond too.

Browner has already missed a handful of games this year, and when he was playing he seemed a step slow and was getting called for penalties repeatedly.

I think Thurmond has outplayed him this year. If we can survive till Thurmond is back, I think we'll be fine. Maybe even better than with Browner out there.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Mort has reported the appeal was already heard, so he is done, back to the CFL.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• I wasn't too upset because WT3 would be back for the playoffs but not Browner for a year? Now I'm pissed.
    jblaze
    NET Veteran

• TheRealDTM wrote:Do we actually know if any of this is true?

The ped report was false, but the year suspension for substance abuse was reported on air by schefter. Pretty certain it's true.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

• Only reason it bothers me is it because it makes the team look bad. Other that... Whatever. Was probably done for the year anyways.

No contract issues. Let's see what lane and Maxwell do
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• seahawks08 wrote:I think if you appeal you can get it down. I know with the Saints bounty gate, there were players who were suspended for a year that got reduced if I remember right but Sean Payton had to serve one year and Greg was indefinitely but got reinstated after the year. But in terms of 1 year, it means a whole season, not number of games.

You might be correct.
    twelthmanfan
    NET Rookie

• Haven't seen any links to an ESPN story
    RussellMania
    NET Practice Squad

• Ugh well, Let me say this is infuriating and sucks. Also lets not kid out selves BB was starting to become our next trufant, he's good but the injuries are starting to become more frequent. He made his bed he has to sleep in it... Wonder how his wife and kids feel.. I know the kids a re really young like 4 and 6 or whatever but still how do you explain to you kids your not at work because you made a choice that put the family in jeopardy of losing everything due to something that was easily avoidable. Either way lets move on, and speculate who we might us in his place for good, and who will be the 4th LOB member now.

Also how come its only the Seahawks that get the big noticeable "Developing story" crap at the top of the page.. I despise the NFL more and more the biased &^^#$*&Y)((&(*^^%$# ... :)
    Last edited by Exittium on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:
    Cartire wrote:I don't understand was constitutes a year long ban for him. It can't just be weed or peds.

He is in the substance abuse program by his own admission last year, which means he gets tested more often than other players.

I need to step away from the computer and let this sort itself out.

Except he's never been suspended for substance abuse. If he's on the program and failed, it's should only be a 4 game suspension.

You don't combined the PED program and substance abuse program.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Give the Legion of "BOOM" a different connotation, doesn't it? Didn't this same crap happen almost exactly this time last year?
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

• RussellMania wrote:Haven't seen any links to an ESPN story

They reported it on Monday Night Countdown on ESPN.
    Legion12Boom
    NET Rookie

• bestfightstory wrote:Are we allowed to be angry yet? CANHawk? KCHawk'girl'?

I'm going to wait until the time is deemed appropriate to express my outrage at this turn of events.

On Browner? Yes. This is disappointing for sure we're fairly deep in the secondary and this can be mitigated by shifting more to the offense specifically Wilson.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• As much as I don't want this or want to think that this will affect our teams mental state, I think it will hurt them. Way to go BB.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Even if he appealed and won (apparently already denied) he'd be done in Seattle. Not worth paying a guy his age, with his history, to play half a season.

Maybe ol' Gus will do us a solid and let us have Blackmon back.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter

• Players sometimes over celebrate being 10-1. Yes, it sometimes make them dumb expecting not to be tested randomly, even though I sense a pattern of randomness when it comes to the Seahawks. I don't blame Pete and John, but why didn't we see this in Holmgren era, is it more the rules have changed with the new CBA?
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:
    Cartire wrote:I don't understand was constitutes a year long ban for him. It can't just be weed or peds.

He is in the substance abuse program by his own admission last year, which means he gets tested more often than other players.

I need to step away from the computer and let this sort itself out.

Except he's never been suspended for substance abuse. If he's on the program and failed, it's should only be a 4 game suspension.

You don't combined the PED program and substance abuse program.

Don't think it matters what it is, he is done, we have some selfish players on this team who need to grow and take there job seriously.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• Question??? Can intake of second hand smoke cause a drug test failure? Been outside a couple bars after games this year where a contact buzz was a definite possibility.
    RezHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm so pissed off right now, this is unbelievable. Right when were making a SB run, don't need these kind of distractions. What a moron, sure glad I didn't buy that Browner jersey now.
    Legion12Boom
    NET Rookie

• seahawks08 wrote:Players sometimes over celebrate being 10-1. Yes, it sometimes make them dumb expecting not to be tested randomly, even though I sense a pattern of randomness when it comes to the Seahawks. I don't blame Pete and John, but why didn't we see this in Holmgren era, is it more the rules have changed with the new CBA?

Tim Ruskell and his character guys...I'd rather have to put up with morons like Browner and win, frankly. As long as players aren't killing people or shooting at people or driving drunk, I can deal with them not being able to beat a PED or weed test as long as they win.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Just when we all thought this garbage was behind us. I'd day release Thurmond to send a message but I don't want to see him playing against us in the playoffs.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• DAMMIT Browner!!!!
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

• We got Deshawn Shead? Isn't he like a BB 2.0 but younger? I say screw it practice him hard this week and well let the dice fall where they may even if its a rotation so he gets some experience.
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013

The Radish
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• What a moron. Well this makes our offseason decisions a bit easier.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

• No kidding. Why does anyone care how long the suspension is? Is there anyone who really wants this assh*le back now? I mean how many times are we gonna let him tarnish the bigger picture and just turn the other cheek? I gave him one pass, and he has blown it for me.
    Last edited by KARAVARUS on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• RezHawk wrote:Question??? Can intake of second hand smoke cause a drug test failure? Been outside a couple bars after games this year where a contact buzz was a definite possibility.

Not unless it's shotgunned straight into your mouth.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

• RezHawk wrote:Question??? Can intake of second hand smoke cause a drug test failure? Been outside a couple bars after games this year where a contact buzz was a definite possibility.

I like the way you think
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• nepahawk wrote:
    the ditch wrote:That's disappointing, his NFL career is done if his appeal doesn't win.

Schefter reported he had his appeal already,IIRC.

Well then, cya later.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• You gotta be f#@!ing kidding me...

"UPDATE: NFL.com has retracted its initial report that a pending suspension for the Seahawks Brandon Browner was for performance enhancing drugs and says the suspension instead is for violating the league's substance abuse policy"

The whole secondary is going Harold and Kumar on us.
    Last edited by razgriz737 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Stage 3 offenders get a 1 year suspension per 710 espn.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• Bye Browner. This year has been terrible yet we are 10-1

Harvin not playing this whole year until last week
    Okung, Giacomini being injured since week 2 and 3 and finally got back to playing.
    Unger being out a few games.
    Thurmond suspended 4 games now
    Browner being injured here and there and now done for a year.
    Irvin being suspended the first 4 games.
    Rice out for the year with Injury midway through season
    Starting FB done and we brought back Mrob which is probably better but still.

Im sure im missing a few more but man this has been rough.
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• Do we release him? WIll this clear up roster for us? Lets move on already if it is true and not let it bog us down. He was probably gone after this season anyways. He would have only shown up for playoffs and probably been rusty at that. Thurmond is more costly now.

IF IT IS ALL TRUE.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Hope the rest of the guys stay off the pipe. Jeez, this crap is getting old.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• LAUGH MY ASS OFF @ Browner texting or twittering or whatever that IT WASN'T PEDS IT WASN'T PEDS

SAD THAT THE NFL WOULD SAY THAT

Guess what, buddy. Who gives a shit what it was??? Yer done.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Guys, chill. He screwed up, and his career is pretty much over because of it. He wasn't going to see the field again for us most likely, so this doesn't affect the playoff run one bit.

Browner did a lot for this team. He made a mistake. He has a substance abuse problem, and shouldn't be crucified for his illness. Put the high horses back in the garage and let's move forward with our great depth.
    PDX12
    NET Bench Warmer

• I have been lurking for years here, signed up over 4 years ago and this will be my first and maybe only post... F!@#
    Mike 4G
    NET Practice Squad

• Alright, maybe i'm runnin on fumes at the moment, but serisouly shouldn't the NFL re-evaluate this whole "substance abuse" rules and punishments? I hate being this guy and comparing these but,

Aldon Smith can go booze all night, get behind the wheel put people's life in danger multiple times... play a game 48 hours later like nothing happened, then get a casual month and a half off at some rehab facility. Meanwhile Browner takes a stimulant/depressant - like alcohol - that is legal in the state and gets popped for a year?

Maybe I sound like an idiot, who's to say. Anyways back to supporting the best team in the NFL on the quest.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, he needs to shut up. If he is being suspended, I don't give a crap what it's for and I'm certainly not sad for him.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• bestfightstory wrote:LAUGH MY ASS OFF @ Browner texting or twittering or whatever that IT WASN'T PEDS IT WASN'T PEDS

SAD THAT THE NFL WOULD SAY THAT

Guess what, buddy. Who gives a shit what it was??? Yer done.

No kidding. Grow the @#$% up already Browner!
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• What is this crew to be called now? After substance abuse issues, I have to assume it's pot - so should we name them "The Legion of Doob"??
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

• GCrow wrote:Alright, maybe i'm runnin on fumes at the moment, but serisouly shouldn't the NFL re-evaluate this whole "substance abuse" rules and punishments? I hate being this guy and comparing these but,

Aldon Smith can go booze all night, get behind the wheel put people's life in danger multiple times... play a game 48 hours later like nothing happened, then get a casual month and a half off at some rehab facility. Meanwhile Browner takes a stimulant/depressant - like alcohol - that is legal in the state and gets popped for a year?

Maybe I sound like an idiot, who's to say. Anyways back to supporting the best team in the NFL on the quest.

You forgot the part about guns being fired at his house :lol:
    Last edited by WilsonMVP on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• PDX12 wrote:Guys, chill. He screwed up, and his career is pretty much over because of it. He wasn't going to see the field again for us most likely, so this doesn't affect the playoff run one bit.

Browner did a lot for this team. He made a mistake. He has a substance abuse problem, and shouldn't be crucified for his illness. Put the high horses back in the garage and let's move forward with our great depth.

You are hilarious.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• In better news.. GO REDSKINS!!! AZ will be ahead of those whiners lose (Sorry done with browner, was done with him at the start of the season)

The Radish
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• Browner just struck out. He's done and good riddance.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• GCrow wrote:Alright, maybe i'm runnin on fumes at the moment, but serisouly shouldn't the NFL re-evaluate this whole "substance abuse" rules and punishments? I hate being this guy and comparing these but,

Aldon Smith is actually an alcoholic, which is why I don't rip him, really. He's sick.

Marijuana is not physically addictive. Browner just loves that green, which many of us do sometimes, but we actually have jobs and so we don't smoke like college students. Browner is just dumb more than anything. Aldon is legit ill.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• nsport wrote:What is this crew to be called now? After substance abuse issues, I have to assume it's pot - so should we name them "The Legion of Doob"??

Someone on FB posted "Legion of Bong".
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Damn it we just started getting players back and we get hit with this bs? And the NFL network just reported their sources say Browner is done with the Seahawks.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• KK84 wrote:
    RezHawk wrote:Question??? Can intake of second hand smoke cause a drug test failure? Been outside a couple bars after games this year where a contact buzz was a definite possibility.

Not unless it's shotgunned straight into your mouth.

No. In the military we had guys hanging out with civilians that smoked pot. The person smoking it actually filters the THC into their body, so you can get a contact high.

I know this as fact as I went to a Lynyrd Skynrd concert at the old Seattle Collesium and got lit up by all the pot smoke. Literally the next day, Chief comes into the yard and hollers out a few names. We come in and "whiz quizz". I took Chief aside and explained the situation, he told me that if I didn't actively smoke anything, I was fine. I took the test and passed it.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• At least it saves this franchise from making a huge mistake in giving him a giant contract when he will be 30 next year.
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information