Shead is Up....

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
From PC's presser:

Opening statement: “Well it’s good to get back from the bye. We had a great break and that the guys got good rest. Everybody is kind of charged up to get going again, knowing that this is kind of our chance to push through the end of the season so we’re excited about that. We come back pretty healthy and we’re going to try take advantage of that and have a great Monday outing against the Saints coming up. Over the break, there were some issues that came up that we dealt with. One is that feel very disappointed that some guys won’t be able to play with us. But, this is kind of how it goes at times and I know that over the years, I’ve always found myself wanting to find guys that made some considerations, some special opportunities to do what they can do and sometimes it doesn’t work out and guys get into trouble, something pops us. We’ll always look to give guys a second chance around here and the fact that the league has adjusted the rules and allow a guy that is suspended under these circumstances to be with us. We’re going to take care of them and look after them and try to bring them along until we get them back. But we are disappointed. But what’s really cool about it on the other side of it is this is an opportunity for some young guys to step up that have come here to play football for us. They haven’t come here to watch, they want to play and Byron Maxwell is going to step up and do a lot of playing for us, Jeremy Lane will jump in, DeShawn Shead will step up on the roster, which we’re really excited for these guys. These guys can all play, they played for us before, they’ve done great stuff when they have and we have nothing to think about but the positive and the upside is that these guys are going to contribute in a big way. Just like our guys have across the board. So that won’t deter us at all from having an extraordinary week of getting ready and getting jacked up about a great opportunity here with a fantastic football team for Monday night. So we’re looking forward to it.”

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seahawks promoted CB Deshawn Shead from the practice squad.
A second-year undrafted free agent out of small-school Portland State, Shead has never appeared in an NFL game. He'll bring up the rear of Seattle's suspension-decimated cornerback corps.

Jville

Reaction score
I think I have been very patient ..... waiting on Desawn Shead's promotion.

Although, I think it now appropriate to shout ...... IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It hasn't officially happened -- the Browner suspension hasn't officially happened yet. This whole thing has been weird.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Blitzer88":18408ilt said:
Kearly should be happy. I really hope he can do some positive things for us.

Why just him? The rest of the Shead crew will be happy as well.

RezHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2dh14yx6 said:
Blitzer88":2dh14yx6 said:
Kearly should be happy. I really hope he can do some positive things for us.

Why just him? The rest of the Shead crew will be happy as well.

Absolutely. I to am excited to see Deshawn get some reps and herby found the unofficial fan club hitherto be known as the "Sheadheads" Who's in?

Throwdown

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":33cik8al said:
Brandon Browner - Oregon State
Walter Thurmond III - Oregon
DeShawn Shead - Portland State

If anything, this means that we need to keep DeShawn from the Chief Cotton Mouth store in Puyallup...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
It's early, the kids aren't up yet, so I was just checking out what I could find on Shead. The more I see ... the more excited I am about the prospects of him on the field. I can see why people are high on him. Dave Boling was saying the other day that he likes what he's seen of Shead. In fact, if what I see on film translates at all to the field of play (and obviously the coaches think it can as well) then pretty soon it could be, "Brandon Browner who? Oh yeah, that guy." Just a couple of videos for you that really show this guy's overall athletic ability and skill.

From Shead's Pro Day at Portland State (In a word, WOW!) ...
[youtube]DDeFIXvvBtg[/youtube]

Game Film of him from Portland State (I know you've got to consider level of competition, but just check out his instincts, the speed at which he can break on the ball, and his overall physicality. Those things translate obviously.)
[youtube]8yE21QPF9CE[/youtube]

And of course from that beautiful pick in the Broncos Game this past Preseason. Man, did he come out of nowhere fast to make that pick of Osweiler. Looking forward to seeing more of that ...
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-phot...Osweiler/24b9db4b-19ab-4ab4-95dc-5f9d6ed5fb6b

I think I'm with Kearly in saying (I don't know if he said this exactly, but I know he agrees with the sentiment) that I cannot believe that other teams didn't pounce all over this guy after the cutdown to 53. Lucky thing for Seattle. I say, get that man on the field.

CANHawk

Reaction score
We’ll always look to give guys a second chance around here and the fact that the league has adjusted the rules and allow a guy that is suspended under these circumstances to be with us. We’re going to take care of them and look after them and try to bring them along until we get them back.

This is great. Considering these problems really all probably stem from the offseason when they were away from the team and vulnerable to whatever demons make them do dumb shit. It doesn't make sense to take them away from the major thing that keeps them on the straight and narrow. If they're with the team and around the team, taking advantage of the trainers and the doctors and the coaches, the organization as a whole can help them keep their heads out of their asses.

Good news about Shead too. He's totally in that LoB mould of DB. I guess if Byron Maxwell is going to be playing the role of Brandon Browner, Deshawn Shead will be playing the role of Byron Maxwell.

Exittium

Reaction score
Im going to call him... BB 2.0 until i see otherwise, ive been excited to see him get a shot and here it is.. who knows hopefully he makes the best of it like sherman

stack600

Reaction score
I think were good..Watching film on these kids...Maxwell covering Roddy White in Atl. step for step and a knockdown in the endzone. Shead in the Bronco's preseason game (I saw that INT play, posted on here in another thread) he came clear from the right post to almost the corner to Int that pass) Plus Oakland and Charger footage. And we know what we got in Lane as a gunner, Kids fast, like quick fast. Can recover and close as good as WT3, I like the depth and I trust the coaches and players to get these kids pumped for primetime...

HawkWow

Reaction score
You can't help but love, admire Pete's quotes. He's the anti-Belichick, but at the same time, really says no more. Media nitemare. The reporter walks away with his DAT recordings, thinking with all Carroll said, they have a story that's ready for print or commentary. Only to play it back to their editor, who asks "WTH is this crap...you call yourself a reporter"? I've experienced this myself. I've interviewed Tiger Woods every time he's been at the grand slam, the best one can hope for is getting your picture taken with him...and that doesn't make for very good radio.

But I never get frustrated by it, instead, admiring how these guys turn saying less, with more, into an art form. I don't think anyone does this better than Pete.

mrblitz

Reaction score
indeed, carroll is very adept at speaking to the media; what he says, what he doesn't say, etc.

and as usual, it looks like we've got players ready to step up.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3egfx8w6 said:
It's early, the kids aren't up yet, so I was just checking out what I could find on Shead. The more I see ... the more excited I am about the prospects of him on the field. I can see why people are high on him. Dave Boling was saying the other day that he likes what he's seen of Shead. In fact, if what I see on film translates at all to the field of play (and obviously the coaches think it can as well) then pretty soon it could be, "Brandon Browner who? Oh yeah, that guy." Just a couple of videos for you that really show this guy's overall athletic ability and skill.

Game Film of him from Portland State (I know you've got to consider level of competition, but just check out his instincts, the speed at which he can break on the ball, and his overall physicality. Those things translate obviously.)

And of course from that beautiful pick in the Broncos Game this past Preseason. Man, did he come out of nowhere fast to make that pick of Osweiler. Looking forward to seeing more of that ...
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-phot...Osweiler/24b9db4b-19ab-4ab4-95dc-5f9d6ed5fb6b

I think I'm with Kearly in saying (I don't know if he said this exactly, but I know he agrees with the sentiment) that I cannot believe that other teams didn't pounce all over this guy after the cutdown to 53. Lucky thing for Seattle. I say, get that man on the field.

I hope Maxwell, Shead, Lane and Sherman all make game-changing plays that help us win. I'll thoroughly enjoy sending a black-feathered followup tweet to Sterling Sharp for his "Brees has got to like what he's seeing in that secondary" comment.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2slx5ceq said:
Hawkscanner":2slx5ceq said:

I hope Maxwell, Shead, Lane and Sherman all make game-changing plays that help us win. I'll thoroughly enjoy sending a black-feathered followup tweet to Sterling Sharp for his "Brees has got to like what he's seeing in that secondary" comment.

I love how right after Sterling said that, he made a comment under his breath about picking the Failcants to go all the way to the Netherlands this year. He couldn't have been more wrong in that entire segment.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Unless they IR or cut someone it seems like the most conservative way to keep guys like BB and WT3 for the playoffs.