Need suggestions things to do before the game with a 8yr old

hawkclaws

Reaction score
I typically go to one game in the season. This year chose to go to the MNF game. :) Will contribute my voice to another breaking of the record. A buddy of mine is bringing his 8 yr old son and was wondering what things are there to see before the game and where?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":23vbbw66 said:
Touchdown city. They do face painting and all kinds of stuff for the kids.

This pretty much sums it up. Tons of fun for the kids pre-game

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ed4t6vp said:
Tech Worlds":1ed4t6vp said:
Touchdown city. They do face painting and all kinds of stuff for the kids.

This pretty much sums it up. Tons of fun for the kids pre-game
Yeah, most of the events around the stadium on game day are adult oriented, TBS.

TD City might be the only family oriented place in the area.

:229031_shrug:

Have fun with the kid!

OP
OP
hawkclaws

hawkclaws

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looks like Touchdown city is the popular recommendation.

Axx - certainly bringing ear protection for the kid.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I was just there for my sons first game (against the Vikings). He is 5 ½ and Touchdown City is is the place to be with your kid before the game. Be sure to go before the game because once the game starts Touchdown City closes.
I brought ear protection for my kid and he wore it for about 30 seconds and took it off because he didn't need it. I think it is louder on the field than in the stands. If I were to do it again I would still bring ear protection. Just in case.
Also if you planned on going to the pro shop I would do it during the game (not half time). Before the game and half time at the pro shop is a zoo. One could easily get separated from there kid there. Not fun.
Also stop by a Guest services booth. They will give your kid a wrist band with you seat location in case you kid gets lost (although it may be a bit much for an 8 year old casue I am not there yet). They gave my son a button that says Seahawks first game. Kinda cool gimme. Made my son happy.
Good luck and have a great time.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not much else to suggest... i started taking our daughter when she was 8ish. Just make sure you bring lots of layers of clothes, maybe a blanket, and definitely some of those hand-warmer things you shake up. They sell them at the stadium but much cheaper to just buy a box at costco or something.

Would also suggest getting to the game somewhat early so you don't feel overwhelmed by the crowds, it can be stressful your first time trying to manage a kid in a sea of people.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah TD city. Heck most of the time I just go with my wife and we love TD city. Collecting the scratch and win cards, the little activities, face painting if we have time, meet the sea gals, all that good stuff.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Century Link Field in itself is a fun place to walk around with a Kid, lots of sites outside and inside. Pro shop, Statues, take him up the see the 12 flag etc.

mikeak

Reaction score
Pre-game - practice driving
Post game - Designated driver

Couldn't stress hearing protection enough. I bought a nice pair of hearing protection on amazon a few years and the kids love them for different events

OP
OP
hawkclaws

hawkclaws

Reaction score
Awesome suggestion @Year of the Hawk about Guest services. Will let my friend know.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
There are some decent size storage lockers at the King Street train station, an 8 year old might just fit in one. It really isn't as abusive as it sounds, they are vented. Then you can scalp the kid's ticket, spark a J, toss back a pitcher or two, and enjoy the Hawks as they should be enjoyed.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
A question on the train station lockers....I do understand I wont fit...yet, but if you take the sounder, is it viable for you to leave some non-valuables there..like a jacket you wont need til later or other things they wont allow? Just curious. Things have changed as to what you can take into the game. Should I desire to go, I would probably take the sounder and bring a backpack with a binky in it for later. I see where they dont allow backpacks no more but the flimsy garbage bags for security reasons. Just a question for the future. Thanks for your assistance.

HawkGA

Reaction score
mikeak":1uoi81fp said:
Pre-game - practice driving
Post game - Designated driver

I was going to say this. Glad I read through first before posting.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
You might consider going for food either in the International District or along Occidental with the food vendors. Much cheaper and some kids that are into food might really get off on it.