Cautiously optimistic tv question

Nearpost

Reaction score
The divisional playoffs will be spread over the weekend of January 11/12th. Assuming we make number one seed or number two seed, our west coast location guarantees we will host the late game.

Is there any way at this stage to project if we will play 5p.m. Saturday Jan 11. Or 1p.m. Sunday the 12th?

Does it depend on our seeding ( assuming we get a one or a two of course). Or perhaps does it depend on our conference? Or is it impossible at this stage to project?

Thanks

253hawk

Reaction score
There's no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell; #1 seeds in each conference have played on both days. It seems like they flip every 2 or 3 years, but it's not consistent enough to be certain.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Except for the NFC Championship game, I believe that every home playoff game we have had since 2004 (our first home playoff game at the new stadium) has been on a Saturday.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":hf78w0yo said:
Except for the NFC Championship game, I believe that every home playoff game we have had since 2004 (our first home playoff game at the new stadium) has been on a Saturday.

I'm pretty sure the Redskins in 2005 was a Sunday game that Fox aired.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
It's a crap shoot, and actually, the only game we won't get is 10 AM Pacific Sunday

We could host at 1 PMish Saturday, or 4:30 PMish Saturday, or 1 PM Sunday.

(I'm assuming a similar schedule to previous years where there's an afternoon and night game Saturday, and a morning and afternoon game Sunday.)

I believe that a lot of what happens with who plays where when is based on television schedules and also networks protecting games. In years past, we've had CBS with one AFC game, FOX with one NFC game, and another network NBC with one of each. I think that might only be for the Wild Card round though, not the Divisional round.

Ergo, if FOX is locked in to Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, we'd be playing Saturday afternoon, as the #2 seed is likely to be in Central or Eastern time. This holds for ANY scenario where FOX has two games and one of them is Sunday 10 AM Pacific... we play in the other time slot.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":d5f260zd said:
Shadowhawk":d5f260zd said:

Nope, that game was played on Saturday, January 14. Fox did air it but they and CBS do all of the divisional round games.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1m65pyw3 said:
I believe that a lot of what happens with who plays where when is based on television schedules and also networks protecting games. In years past, we've had CBS with one AFC game, FOX with one NFC game, and another network NBC with one of each. I think that might only be for the Wild Card round though, not the Divisional round

NBC handles the two Saturday games for Wild Card weekend with CBS and Fox doing the two Sunday Wild Card games. NBC bows out after the first round and then Fox and CBS air all of the divisional games and the conference championships.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":nncg42lu said:
Steve2222":nncg42lu said:
Shadowhawk":nncg42lu said:

Nope, that game was played on Saturday, January 14. Fox did air it but they and CBS do all of the divisional round games.

That's right. For some reason I thought NBC did Saturday divisional round games in addition to the WC round.