Chris Hansen + Seahawks =

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
12th man at the top of Mt. Everest!!

[youtube]rNzw6xwq52A[/youtube]

from Pete Carroll today:

We heard Chris Hansen was climbing Everest so we gave him a #12 flag and look what he did!

Exittium

Reaction score
shouldn't he be busy trying to figure out some other way to bring back the sonics?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Exittium":173826eq said:
shouldn't he be busy trying to figure out some other way to bring back the sonics?
You apparently don't understand that legal battles are fought by attorneys on behalf of the plaintiffs and defendants. Chris Hansen could be waging furious legal battle on an Apple-level scale for all you know, while still climbing Everest.

Just sayin'.

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ggphp4k said:
Exittium":3ggphp4k said:
You apparently don't understand that legal battles are fought by attorneys on behalf of the plaintiffs and defendants. Chris Hansen could be waging furious legal battle on an Apple-level scale for all you know, while still climbing Everest.

Just sayin'.

Not only that, but until Howard Stern retires, there's simply not any point in pushing for the return of the Sonics. Stern will do whatever it takes to insure that Seattle does not get the Sonics back. Wait for the next commissioner.

Edit: I meant David Stern of course. My humble apologies to Howard Stern for even implicitly comparing him to David Stern.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maybe if the politicians around here hadn't treated Stern like an irrelevant nobody, that wouldn't be the case.

Bleh. I don't want to talk about the Sonics. Lol.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":lpwrobwr said:
Exittium":lpwrobwr said:

Just sayin'.
Not to mention, he has a few other business he runs as well. Why is Hansen the sole person that people think should be bringing Sonics back to Seattle anyway?

Polaris

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":3swh2p8l said:
Don't you mean David Stern

Oops. Yeah I meant David Stern :oops:

That said, I think the error is understandable. If anything I have more respect for Howard Stern.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
RolandDeschain":1qu7c4xw said:
Maybe if the politicians around here hadn't treated Stern like an irrelevant nobody, that wouldn't be the case.

Bleh. I don't want to talk about the Sonics. Lol.

I know you don't want to talk about them, but...

Maybe if Stern hadn't showed up not ten years after getting money out of the area to renovate the Key and then calling the renovations more than suitable to bilk more money from the city/state, he wouldn't have been treated like he was.

Exittium

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23eouyzf said:
Exittium":23eouyzf said:

Just sayin'.

I very well understand whats been going, especially as of recently with allegations from some operation the chris and his group and the "SoDo Arena" illegal kickbacks and subsidies

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Seventeen five is still 12000 ft short of the "top" of Everest. Still pretty darn cool though.

Them boys over around Moses Lake took it up to 90,000 feet.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Exittium":3ngwv6eh said:

Yes, he should spend every waking moment consumed with this thought, because he hasn't done enough yet obviously. He shouldn't be allowed to do anything else until the Sonics have tipped off in a new arena completely funded by him. Dumb@$$.

(If this was supposed to be a sarcastic comment you need to work on your sarcasm)

86Hawk

Reaction score
Wow this is awesome. If he does this as a fan imagine what he will do as an owner. Still holding out hope for the return of the supes. Just makes it even cooler that he is a huge seahawks fan.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The NBA lost me as a fan years ago, long before the Sonics moved to OKC. The last complete NBA game I watched was when Michael Jordan last played for the Bulls. It simply doesn't appeal to me anymore, and I don't know why. I used to be a huge Sonics fan.

Ditto the comments about Stern and the NBA. He/they actively worked against Seattle.

However, I do support the efforts of those that are trying to bring the NBA back to Seattle, and would gladly vote for a reasonable arena bill even though I live in E. Washington. I respect the people that are basketball/hockey fans. Professional sports do contribute to a quality of life that you can't put a price tag on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Exittium":26np3yn3 said:
I very well understand whats been going, especially as of recently with allegations from some operation the chris and his group and the "SoDo Arena" illegal kickbacks and subsidies

Then can you explain to everyone why you thought him climbing Everest is interrupting the process of trying to get the Sonics back?