Percy Harvin DNP thurs & friday

veazy22

Reaction score
WTH! Did he get hurt again?? If he is a DNP practice tomorrow he will likely not play in this game! We really need him this week to keep the Saints from staking the box to shut down the run game. This week couldn't have been worse with the suspensions and now this!
http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html

Polaris

Reaction score
I wouldn't fret about it. Carroll has made it very clear that he is treating Harvin like spun glass so he can be at his best for the playoffs.

OP
OP
V

veazy22

Reaction score
Polaris":ff569m1k said:
I wouldn't fret about it. Carroll has made it very clear that he is treating Harvin like spun glass so he can be at his best for the playoffs.

Not buying that. Before the Minnesota game he was limited on Tuesday then full practice both Wed and Thursday. Something is not right!
http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Polaris how the heck is he supposed to get in sync with the qb if he is a dnp every practice? Home field in the play offs is more important to the hawks than anything else. If he can practice he needs to and if he can't he needs to be refunding game checks. At the very least we could use his roster spot for some one who can play.

Polaris

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1ni3xvga said:
Polaris how the heck is he supposed to get in sync with the qb if he is a dnp every practice? Home field in the play offs is more important to the hawks than anything else. If he can practice he needs to and if he can't he needs to be refunding game checks. At the very least we could use his roster spot for some one who can play.

I think he'll do fine, and Harvin has worked quite a bit with Wilson before, and it's a long time before the playoffs. We don't NEED Harvin to win right now during the regular season, and if there are any lingering health questions, best take care of them now. Time enough before January.

Basically I trust that Pete Carroll and the medical staff will take care of tending to Harvin. I believe he has earned this trust.

OP
OP
V

veazy22

Reaction score
Polaris":33lx2pxa said:

Also just found this comment from Carroll

"When asked on Tuesday if there was any reason to think that Harvin wouldn’t play against New Orleans, coach Pete Carroll said, “He’s just got to practice. We’ve got to get him out there and practice him. But, no, there’s no reason to say that right now.”

Carroll didn’t speak to the media on Friday."
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... -practice/

That was Tuesday. Today is friday and he has not practiced yet. If I was forced to bet I would have to go with he will not play

The Outfield

Reaction score
No need to panic until we hear from Pete. Last thing we heard from him was that there was no reason to expect Harvin to not play.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it's just limiting the wear and tear on him right now, his rehab program seems to help him a lot, Kearse should also be back. If it was a major thing we would be seeing WR's worked out or someone brought up etc.

Exittium

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":659b6lec said:
What else is new? Coach Carroll always holds his cards close to the vest. It just keeps NO guessing.

I'm going to say its this.. pete knows this is a big game, why reveal your hand?

Seaswab

Reaction score
Typically if they don't practice they don't play. Harvin got his game against old team so now that's it. He had a whole bye week to rest this is bullshit

brimsalabim

Reaction score
veazy22":12h3y5uy said:
Polaris":12h3y5uy said:

Also just found this comment from Carroll

"When asked on Tuesday if there was any reason to think that Harvin wouldn’t play against New Orleans, coach Pete Carroll said, “He’s just got to practice. We’ve got to get him out there and practice him. But, no, there’s no reason to say that right now.”

Carroll didn’t speak to the media on Friday."
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... -practice/

That was Tuesday. Today is friday and he has not practiced yet. If I was forced to bet I would have to go with he will not play

yep...fret about it...sounds like Percy's on the hill again...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
nothing? You don't think we need him to beat the number two team? or you don't think winning the game is important?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
There was no practice Thursday I think, and I'll bet the practice Friday was light either way. I'll be concerned tomorrow if he doesn't practice. Normally I don't think coaches mess with the injury report for strategic reasons as much as people think but I think in this case you're talking about a guy who tilts the field andyou have to have a plan for. So I wouldn't be surprised if the extra rest is a combination of extra rest and a little deception.