What is harvins trade value at this point

gocougs789

Reaction score
With Wilson, Thomas and Sherman's contacts coming due and his injury problems is it feasible to unload him and his contract? We resign Tate who is a poor mans harvin and never gets hurt then Try to draft a wr to replace rice.

I'm sure I'll get shredded for this but the three mentioned above are the core to this team and we've gone 10-1 with harvin only playing 15 plays of one game...

OP
OP
G

gocougs789

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1vprbj3q said:
gocougs789":1vprbj3q said:
I'm sure I'll get shredded for this

When this is the thought you have while making a post, it's time to reconsider making that post.

If you could only have 3 of Thomas, Harvin, Wilson, and Sherman(which is likely in the near future) who are you picking?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
gocougs789":yvolgwvp said:
MidwestHawker":yvolgwvp said:
gocougs789":yvolgwvp said:

When this is the thought you have while making a post, it's time to reconsider making that post.

If you could only have 3 of Thomas, Harvin, Wilson, and Sherman(which is likely in the near future) who are you picking?

Not sure. Have to see more from Harvin in our system before making that determination.

Though I'm guessing that keeping all four is at least possible, as I doubt they made the move for Harvin while being totally blind to the other looming contracts they would have to re-up.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
gocougs789":2degez6j said:
MidwestHawker":2degez6j said:
gocougs789":2degez6j said:

That is irrelevant when Harvin is in year 1 of a megadeal....I'd take Harvin 4 there obviously, but at this point any trade would carry huge dead money anyways. There is no reason for this to even be a thought.

Meeker

Reaction score
gocougs789":3bemamt9 said:
MidwestHawker":3bemamt9 said:
gocougs789":3bemamt9 said:

The Hawks made the Harvin deal with this deal in mind...Harvin is going no where.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
So we trade a 1st and a 3rd/spend millions, just to flip it for a 7th at best? I don't get this post. JS has a plan, Percy is included in that plan for years to come.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3pu7au1i said:
So we trade a 1st and a 3rd/spend millions, just to flip it for a 7th at best? I don't get this post. JS has a plan, Percy is included in that plan for years to come.
Percy's inability to stay healthy may trump Carrolls plans.

sutz

Reaction score
Zero. Trade deadline has passed. Get back to me in Feb. :229031_shrug:

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
You do realize that trading a player under contract doesn't mean you remove him completely from your salary cap hit right? There really isn't a benefit to trading him.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Meeker":2ekvhh7a said:
gocougs789":2ekvhh7a said:
MidwestHawker":2ekvhh7a said:
gocougs789":2ekvhh7a said:

The Hawks made the Harvin deal with this deal in mind...Harvin is going no where.

This. This is indisputable. Its not like front office went 'Ah jaysus boys, sure we'll fire some money at Perce and sort out the lads later' . They knew extensions were needed for those three when making the deal, its not news to them. To be frank the central hypothesis of this thread; the tentatively raised notion of jettisoning Harvin to fund deals for those three only has even a modicum of validity if our front office is stupid. Our front office is not stupid. Therefore, it holds no water; knee-jerk reaction at its finest.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I do not understand the rudeness of some of the responses to this post. There is some legitimacy to the thought. Does Seattle still make the big time trade if the front office knew Harvin would be out a full season after the deal was made, even after he missed a large part of the previous season? Maybe. Look how well we have done with out him. How many of you would be still on board if he misses all or most of next season? Especially considering that his salary could cost us a couple of above average players on our team now (Red comes to mind). We have not achieved were we are by signing high priced free agents, most teams do not.

Do not get me wrong, I am excited about Harvin and I want him here but I also want him to play.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
gocougs789":22d2dbpw said:
MidwestHawker":22d2dbpw said:
gocougs789":22d2dbpw said:

Easiest question of all time, imo.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":o7xuv98v said:
I do not understand the rudeness of some of the responses to this post. There is some legitimacy to the thought. Does Seattle still make the big time trade if the front office knew Harvin would be out a full season after the deal was made, even after he missed a large part of the previous season? Maybe. Look how well we have done with out him. How many of you would be still on board if he misses all or most of next season? Especially considering that his salary could cost us a couple of above average players on our team now (Red comes to mind). We have not achieved were we are by signing high priced free agents, most teams do not.

Do not get me wrong, I am excited about Harvin and I want him here but I also want him to play.

But that's not the point the op is making, not at all. He is arguing (as far as I can tell), that due to Harvin's big contract and recent injury woes that getting rid of him is an option in order to facilitate the signing of the big three. I believe he even asks, which three of the four people would want, 'which is likely in the near future'. That is what I at least am discussing, because the only impression I can get from that is that the FO gave Harvin the money they did without considering the long-term future of this team, regardless of Percy's health. That is fundamentally incorrect. If you wanna debate Harvin's worth V injury stuff, go nuts if you feel so inclined, but that is not what was brought up here, at least to my understanding.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Johnny":3gk8kuaz said:
brendonkuhn":3gk8kuaz said:
You do realize that trading a player under contract doesn't mean you remove him completely from your salary cap hit right? There really isn't a benefit to trading him.

It opens up a roster spot?
Niners would trade for him, we specialize in adding hurt players that don't contribute.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Weadoption":3lmzskth said:
Johnny":3lmzskth said:
brendonkuhn":3lmzskth said:

It opens up a roster spot?
Niners would trade for him, we specialize in adding hurt players that don't contribute.

I figure we give him to you for a First next year, then trade you our following First back for him after next season,flip him to you guys for another First, then we just keep alternating, give the hysterical fans of both teams good chances to go nuts and complain? We could even get our 2nd to KC for Alex Smith then trade him to you, get that alternating, really get some hysteria going in the West. We both lose our Firsts and Seconds till Harvin and Smith retire and the Cards rise to take the West after trading Palmer for Ponder straight up. :thirishdrinkers: Thoughts?

Latest posts