Will 'Shawn break 10,000 yards?

rpmischris

Reaction score
Well for his career he is at 7,057 rushing yards. He will tack on a couple hundred more yards by years' end and then I feel it is a safe assumption that he reaches 1000 yards for each of the next three seasons barring injuries. Yes, Marshawn will break 10,000 for his career and hopefully he will have a few rings to go with that milestone!

chris98251

Reaction score
Lynch doesn't get the break aways that Peterson does, he gets them in chunks of 5 to 15, he may just get there but with them limiting and going to split carries more to keep him healthy he may have a hard time. But 10,000 yds or a Super Bowl ring which I think he has a better chance of in three years I would hedge on the Ring.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I tried to ask Aros' 8-ball, but Lynch ran over it and broke it.

bigcc

Reaction score
AP is over a year older than Lynch and has 355 more career carries

just sayin

OrFan

Reaction score
I would bet that Marshawn cares more about winning than yards. A.P. gets lots of yards, and just keeps losing.

It's about the same as people who care about yards gained as a stat. The only stats that matter in any way at all are points scored, and points allowed.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He might, but the way he runs he could hit the RB wall in the next 2-3 years. He dishes out a ton of punishment, but that wears on the body, and we have seen time and again RB just dropping off without notice.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I don't think we would have spent 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks the last two years if they expected Lynch to be around for 3 more years. I can see 1 more solid year for him then I'd expect to see a decline in production and the possibility we ask him to take a pay cut. So If he were too, i doubt it's be in a Seahawk uniform.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2l4kqzdw said:
I don't think we would have spent 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks the last two years if they expected Lynch to be around for 3 more years. I can see 1 more solid year for him then I'd expect to see a decline in production and the possibility we ask him to take a pay cut. So If he were too, i doubt it's be in a Seahawk uniform.

I'm with you on this. He may be around for the next three years, but his role will decrease with time. I can realistically see him get almost 9,000 yards as a Hawk. With all due respect to those that have come before him, they will be the finest yards to date.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rpmischris":3s8w9ids said:
Well for his career he is at 7,057 rushing yards. He will tack on a couple hundred more yards by years' end and then I feel it is a safe assumption that he reaches 1000 yards for each of the next three seasons barring injuries. Yes, Marshawn will break 10,000 for his career and hopefully he will have a few rings to go with that milestone!
I like to think 3 rings before Christine takes over for good.:)

MysterMatt

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3gt8bor4 said:
I tried to ask Aros' 8-ball, but Lynch ran over it and broke it.
This is why I still heart you.

ceej22

Reaction score
OrFan":1a1wzofx said:
I would bet that Marshawn cares more about winning than yards. A.P. gets lots of yards, and just keeps losing.

It's about the same as people who care about yards gained as a stat. The only stats that matter in any way at all are points scored, and points allowed.

Not necessarily. As fans all we care about are wins. Players on the other hand have contract bonuses and endorsement deals/bonuses to think about. AP may never come out on top but he will be richer by a long shot, will still be considered one of the greatest, and be in the Hall. No rings but he will get his.

themunn

Reaction score
I think he finishes his career close to 11,000.
He has a physical running style, but if anything that is what helps him AVOID injury. I think he gets another 500 yards to finish this year. 2 more 1300+ years and then one at 1000ish before he hangs up the boots

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Marshawn might be my all time favorite Hawk (I'm a long-termer, before anybody asks) and I'd be ecstatic to see him break the 10000 yds mark. In our system, with our front office & coaching, I doubt it. What I don't doubt, however, is him getting is first career 200 yd game tonight against the 'Aints. That I think is well within reach.

bigcc

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3n9dyjws said:
Marshawn might be my all time favorite Hawk (I'm a long-termer, before anybody asks) and I'd be ecstatic to see him break the 10000 yds mark. In our system, with our front office & coaching, I doubt it. What I don't doubt, however, is him getting is first career 200 yd game tonight against the 'Aints. That I think is well within reach.

???? He's 27 and above 7000 yards with 5 games left. Ignoring those 5 games, he'd need 3 years of 1000 yard seasons and he'd STILL break it, at 30 years old.

He may not break it here, but I can't imagine him not hitting the mark... he's averaging 84 yards a game, if he maintained that (even though the line is healthy now) he'd be just shy of 7500 at seasons end. Actually I find it hard to believe he won't crack it in the next 2 years, even with an increase in shared carries.

RiverDog

Reaction score
CPHawk":3p9vbyzk said:
He might, but the way he runs he could hit the RB wall in the next 2-3 years. He dishes out a ton of punishment, but that wears on the body, and we have seen time and again RB just dropping off without notice.

Pete and John must be thinking that way, too, or else they wouldn't have drafted with their first pick in the draft a player that is now a 3rd string running back.

I remember getting into arguments with fans back in 2006, the year following Shaun Alexander's MVP and our SB run when SA's contract was up. The point that SA would hit the '30 year old barrier' in the second year of his next contract was generally dismissed due to his running style. Well, we all know how that one turned out. There are exceptions, but most running backs do have a shelf life, and as the poster above noted, Lynch has to be approaching his due to his aggressive running style.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's a pity that Buffalo shelved him for those years, or he'd break it next year. It's going to be a tight 'race', but I think he'll get there.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":13124bxd said:
It's a pity that Buffalo shelved him for those years, or he'd break it next year. It's going to be a tight 'race', but I think he'll get there.

If Buffalo hadn't shelved him for those years, he probably wouldn't have been a Hawk.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think he will get it. Figure he ends the season with at least 7500 yards (he's going to have at least 1 playoff game), and at 84 ypg -which he's at now- he'll get another 420 by the end of the season. Now, this doesn't account for us resting him the last game of the season if we're getting HFA. But the 420 also doesn't account for the playoff game. The only hiccup this year is that other than the Giants and Saints, he's going up against good run defenses the rest of the year.

84 ypg averages out to 1344 yards per season. Give him two more seasons. I think this year and the next two years he'll see 6 playoff games. Even without the playoff games he'll get his 10k.