Browner's year long suspension off the table?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Saw it on twitter. Pushing for just a fine.

Anyone know any more about this? I think Clayton said it on kiro?

heffmanhere

Reaction score
@CHawksExaminer: On @710ESPNSeattle, John Clayton says a yearlong suspension "is off the table" for Brandon Browner, but he is pushing for just a fine.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Off the table for who? Does it mean the NFL won't budge on it or does it mean there is going to be no one year suspension? That's what I want to know.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Probably gonna get shredded for this, but is missing Browner really that terrible of a thing ? If anything I'd want him back more for depth reasons in case somebody else gets hurt rather than to get him back in the starting lineup right away when healthy. Said it on Twitter, one could argue that when he plays at least this year, 75% of the big yardage passing plays or PI calls could be attributed to him.

Last 2 yrs without Browner : 8-0, winning by an average score of 36-10

heffmanhere

Reaction score
It means he won't sit out for the year. It probably also infers that the league wants to suspend him for a few games but that BB maintains a fine is all he believes he should have to pay. Right now it looks like posturing. Maybe they settle on a two game suspension and move on.

The bigger question at this point would be do games missed due to injury count against any suspended games he is told to sit out?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":33uvmlae said:
Off the table for who? Does it mean the NFL won't budge on it or does it mean there is going to be no one year suspension? That's what I want to know.

That would presumably be from Clayton's slot on Wyman, Mike and Moore at the beginning of the 2nd hour. Check the podcast when it's posted in half an hour.

jblaze

Reaction score
Just fine him, from the details, it sounds like they tried to get him to test while out of the NFL and in the CFL which is stupid.

Let's get Browner and WT3 back for the playoffs!

Anyone have any new news regarding Browner's injury?

Brithawk38

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3iubl0cf said:
Probably gonna get shredded for this, but is missing Browner really that terrible of a thing ? If anything I'd want him back more for depth reasons in case somebody else gets hurt rather than to get him back in the starting lineup right away when healthy. Said it on Twitter, one could argue that when he plays at least this year, 75% of the big yardage passing plays or PI calls could be attributed to him.

You're not wrong!! BB has become a little situational for me and whilst he certainly brings the Boom the way others have played I'd be rotating him with WTiii, and Maxwell rather than entrenching him as a starter if he's healthy / suspension free.

Basis4day

Reaction score
heffmanhere":11atq4ob said:
It means he won't sit out for the year. It probably also infers that the league wants to suspend him for a few games but that BB maintains a fine is all he believes he should have to pay. Right. Now it looks like posturing. Maybe they settle on a two game suspension and move on.

The bigger question at this point would be do games missed due to injury count against any suspended games he is told to sit out?

Yes. That was the case with John Moffit. He was injured in camp and suspended the first 4 weeks even though he couldn't take the field.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
12thManNorth":2jcg3dse said:

Like you said his depth is important enough to want him back. I don't think that our winning correlates with his absence at all, but it does show that we don't miss much of a beat with out him there due to the good depth we already have.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Browner is important for depth. If a starter pulls a hammy, who do you want getting reps? Browner or a 36 year old Winfield? Maxwell and Lane should absolutely be evaluated right now as possible playoff starters. If they continue to ball out, then I think they'll continue to play (just as Sherm and Browner did when they got their shot).

I think Maxwell/Lane were a little too short on experience last year for PC to pull the trigger. I don't see that being the case this year. Both guys will have an opportunity to prove it on the field before BB and Thurm get back.

seahawks08

Reaction score
12thManNorth":c8smhk25 said:

He is part of the hard hitting identity of the Seahawks. He has experience playing away games, we need added depth during playoffs. We can't afford to lose anyone, besides when nobody was believing the Seahawks, he made an impact and being part of the Legion of boom. Sidelining him does not make sense. Even taking the emotions out, the coaches and his team mates believe in him. Not letting him play even when he is allowed and medically cleared would impact the locker room considering they are very tight knit.

Seeker

Reaction score
That's what I thought.
NFL trying all in its power to stop this team and it isn't working.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This whole thing is turning into a dang soap opera lol. Either way, if BB does come back I doubt they would throw him into the fire right away because of the groin, thus still allowing us to play our young guys that have been playing well.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Just heard Clayton on radio. 1 year off table. They have had three days of hearings which just rapped up. He will sue them and Clayton thinks he has a very good chance to win if it goes that far.

Jville

Reaction score
I think the leaked year suspension rumor was a smear from the get go.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of this very public exercise as an attempt to manipulate the league and/or affect the fortunes of a member franchise and player.

TJH

Reaction score
Seeker":2qyuilze said:
That's what I thought.
NFL trying all in its power to stop this team and it isn't working.

Snore.... The idiot failed a test.