So...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
We need to win one more game to clinch the division and at lesat the #2 spot. Need 2 wins to clinch the #1 spot.

We control our destiny.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Oh ok, only got the Giants next week, so its not the end of the world like I was thinking?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Any combination of two wins by us and two losses by the Niners.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Throwdown":5k85bucj said:
Oh ok, only got the Giants next week, so its not the end of the world like I was thinking?

No, it just would have been nice to lock up the #2 seed and division title in the Niners house.

Now we have to win 2 out of our final 3 games instead of 1 of the final 3.

w00t

Reaction score
next up the giants.. 1 game at a time.

mrblitz

Reaction score
maybe the magic number is actually 1 -- either 1 seattle win or 1 sf loss has us winning the division.

looks like the magic number for homefield advantage is 2?... any combination of 2 wins by us and/or 2 losses by the winner of carolina@saints?

calhawkfan

Reaction score
Just a New York win will not work. If Seattle finishes with the same record as the 9ers (12-4) the 9ers will hold the tiebreaker edge (division record).

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Guys I really don't see us losing to the Rams or Cards at home. Giants kinda concerns me only because it is a 10 am game and will probably be freezing cold. My brother says it is practicing for the superbowl though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeatownJay":5urtiujr said:
We clinch the division next week if we win and SF loses @ Tampa Bay.

We need to win 3 games OR win 2 in the division. Cannot lose a division game AND lose 2 (if SF wins out).

ceej22

Reaction score
If SF wins out we have to win any 2 games.

If SF loses one game we just need 1 more win.

If SF loses two or more games we don't have to win any more games.

If we end in a tie with SF with any combination of wins they get the division. This game was big for them and they came ready.

djb28

Reaction score
Sounds like it was just as big for us too. People saying we really didn't need the game. By losing we just made it a little harder.

Polaris

Reaction score
Throwdown":22anp44x said:
What has to happen now to win the division?

As others have said, the magic number is two. Worse, we can not tie with the 49ners and win the division.

So, any two wins, will win the division (and HFA)

Any combination of a Seahawk win and Niner loss will win the division and a first round bye.

Likewise any combination of two Niner losses will win the division and a first round bye.

If Seattle wins any one game, and New Orleans loses any one game, then Seattle will get HFA provided we also win the division

I think this covers it.

The easiest path is to win the next two games (well any two, but better to make them the next two) and not worry about anyone else.

Polaris

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2i6oqjkj said:
SeatownJay":2i6oqjkj said:
We clinch the division next week if we win and SF loses @ Tampa Bay.

We need to win 3 games OR win 2 in the division. Cannot lose a division game AND lose 2 (if SF wins out).

Believe it or not, we don't care about divisional games any more. Any two wins will win the division and HFA. By backloading our division games so badly, dear old Roger made the divisional distinction worthless.

Zorn76

Reaction score
AZ is currently 2-4 on the road.
Stl is currently 2-5 on the road.

No matter what happens next Sunday - which I think we'll win anyway - I like our chances vs the Cards & Rams at home.

Some people are Tripping right now in this forum, lol. The key word for today: Odds.

As in, the Odds are in our favor to win the NFC West and HFA for the playoffs. Folks are having nightmares of Seahawk teams past. This team IS different. If they haven't earned your benefit of the doubt by now, then I dunno if they ever will. It was a 2 pt loss, people. Try not to panic.

Polaris

Reaction score
Zorn76":3bd9nmzr said:
AZ is currently 2-4 on the road.
Stl is currently 2-5 on the road.

No matter what happens next Sunday - which I think we'll win anyway - I like our chances vs the Cards & Rams at home.

Some people are Tripping right now in this forum, lol. The key word for today: Odds.

As in, the Odds are in our favor to win the NFC West and HFA for the playoffs. Folks are having nightmares of Seahawk teams past. This team IS different. If they haven't earned your benefit of the doubt by now, then I dunno if they ever will. It was a 2 pt loss, people. Try not to panic.

I remember 1984 and the Seahawks were 12-2 with two games to go (sound familiar?) I think we all remember how that turned out.

I do believe that this team is different, but I have to tell you that today (well this last Sunday) I did see visions of Seahawks teams past in frittering away a game that could have essentially sealed the deal. I've seen too much of that over the years.