Worst Officiating Since SBXL*

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let me be crystal clear. The 49ers won fair-and-square. I am not taking anything away from them in terms of doing what they needed to do to win the game.

Yet, it was SICKENING to see how obviously one-sided the flags were for 90% of the game. I watched the game in a local restaurant with many other 12's and the feeling was unanimous. Maybe 4 penalties were on us but the rest were JOKES. PLEASE NFL investigate this garbage. God forbid we admit the games are fixed but games like this I would bet my life the refs have the fix in for who they want to win.

Yes I am hot and angry right now. I haven't watched the game yet so maybe I will change my mind but I honestly doubt it.

This felt like SBXL* all over again. Whenever we made a big play, the flags were quick to fly.

Whatever. We're still on top in the NFC at 11-2 but anytime you see that douche team smile and celebrate you just want to puke.

Good news? If we get them in the playoffs they are TOAST.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Aros":3uiip669 said:
Let me be crystal clear. The 49ers won fair-and-square. I am not taking anything away from them in terms of doing what they needed to do to win the game.

Yet, it was SICKENING to see how obviously one-sided the flags were for 90% of the game. I watched the game in a local restaurant with many other 12's and the feeling was unanimous. Maybe 4 penalties were on us but the rest were JOKES. PLEASE NFL investigate this garbage. God forbid we admit the games are fixed but games like this I would bet my life the refs have the fix in for who they want to win.

To be fair, that's not really a neutral poll. There were ticky-tack flags called on both sides, from questionable taunting penalties to phantom holds to non-calls on both sides. There were a couple on us that shouldn't have been, but IMO nothing more dramatic than any other game.

We didn't play well enough to win, and we had plenty of chances. The only penalty I'm really all that upset about is the 'hold' on Richard Sherman that gave them a 1st, but that happens weekly.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it's the emotions talking but that one referee couldn't have smiled any bigger when Gore ripped off that 51 yards. Yes some of the calls were bass, the face masks were 5 yards at most, but we still sold have beat them.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The 49er fans are calling the crew out as well, for bogus penalties. That crew just sucked in general.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
C'mon AROS be better than that. The 49ers beat us by a couple of points on their turf today because they were the slightly better football team today. Were there some questionable calls: yes. However there were a couple of missed calls in the other direction as well (Ricardo Lockette late hit no call for sure). Don't end up being like a 9er fan here. Enjoy the fact that we still control our own destiny and have two of the final three at home.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I gotta agree with the above posters, yes the officiating was bad, but it was bad on both sides. Our own mistakes(correct penalties) killed us.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
It was bad both ways, we just got hit on 3rd downs and after big plays. Our penalties mattered a lot more, but both teams were getting hit with silly calls.

The biggest thing I noticed, was the lack of holding on the SF OL. There were at least 3 that I thought were painfully obvious and didn't get called.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ckqodhk6 said:
The 49er fans are calling the crew out as well, for bogus penalties. That crew just sucked in general.

Yeah they were just awful against both teams. They threw a flag on almost every big play. I was praying for a flag on the big Gore run, but they decided to let that one stand.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Refs are going to be refs. The Seahawks need to have better discipline. This is a recurring theme of stupid penalties for this team. It needs to change.

jkitsune

Reaction score
This is one of the most reasonable threads I've read in a long time. Cheers.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
I didn't like a lot if the calls but for me above all it wasn't the flags that ended my faith in the refs but that fumble that they originally called down then when we challenged (and would have won) they change their mind an say his forward momentum was stopped

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Frohawk25360":3n8r67wb said:
I didn't like a lot if the calls but for me above all it wasn't the flags that ended my faith in the refs but that fumble that they originally called down then when we challenged (and would have won) they change their mind an say his forward momentum was stopped

Yeah I thought that was pretty shitty too.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There were plenty of opportunities for calls to go against us all game, opportunities that were not taken advantage of.

Somehow I doubt that referees actively scheming against the Seahawks led to a lowly less than a FG win.

We lost the moment the punt return brought the ball to the 30 and we didn't bother to score a TD there. We had opportunities, we just chose not to take advantage of them.

Now let's hope that doesn't hurt us in winning the Conference.

We clearly need homefield advantage.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":1g2t1ikm said:

The 49ers didn't score any points on that drive. It sucked to not get the fumble, but it wasn't the end of the world. SF was already past or near midfield so it's not like we would have been in the redzone either.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3gey4ybs said:
Frohawk25360":3gey4ybs said:

Yeah I thought that was pretty shitty too.
Horrendous

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I think the issue was all the offensive holding calls on the 49ers linesmen, when CK7 was trying to buy time. I cannot believe that our D-Line wasn't held on many of these pushes. Referees need to focus on those as well as all the actions going on with the DBs and WRs.