Those of you who went to the game,

Scottemojo

Reaction score
How did it go?

Post your Candlestick experience here. Hope you all had a good time, despite the loss.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Bumping this.

Anyone get threatened or attacked ? SF has had a bad rep lately at home games...I went in 2007 and only had one "seahawks suck" yelled right at me as the guy was walking by, but that's to be expected.

Im curious to see how it's all changed.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
FOX kept showing the one camera shot from the upper deck of the crowd. There was a Seahawk couple there in a see of red, they were posing for a picture and a niner fan behind them was flipping off their backs, I guess photo-bombing the pic. Anyone else catch that? Typical.

But yea, would love to hear any stories.

dunceface

Reaction score
c'mon guys I could use another AlaskaPrincess thread...

12thMan1

Reaction score
I heard that there was a niner fan who got arrested for trying to start a fight with a 12. Turned out to be an undercover cop.

Cruser74

Reaction score
I had a great time! There was even 9ers giving me drinks at my seat. I did get the typical booing but that should be expected.

Greenhell

Reaction score
12thMan1":25b89h1m said:
I heard that there was a niner fan who got arrested for trying to start a fight with a 12. Turned out to be an undercover cop.

That would be this...
1450841_10152081263716147_1520497148_n.jpg

dbmack

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1vfrc7dl said:
FOX kept showing the one camera shot from the upper deck of the crowd. There was a Seahawk couple there in a see of red, they were posing for a picture and a niner fan behind them was flipping off their backs, I guess photo-bombing the pic. Anyone else catch that? Typical.

Sounds like a picture my granddaughter just posted on FB of my grandson flipping off a Wilson shirt in front of them.

muxpux

Reaction score
my friend, a Marine, went to the game in hawks gear, she captured this pic after the game, dunno the story behind it...

526589_10152061533794634_1884166677_n.jpg

muxpux

Reaction score
is there something against that? id post the pics she took of her having a good time and getting along (even having fun) with niner fans, but shes in those pics, and not sure she would appreciate that, but whatever, i dont think theres anything wrong with photos of people being arrested. i know that sounds hypocritical but whatever. haha

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Meh, there are over 70,000 people inside the park for a regular season NFL game. Other than the preseason games against the Raiders, I have virtually never seen anything bad happen to anyone. Maybe it is because most of the people around where I sit are long time season ticket holders; maybe worse stuff happens in the end zone where it is mostly ticket-brokers who own the seats, but I have a tough time believing that fan behavior inside the stadium is any worse than your average NFL game.

And it is not just one fanbase that is bad. I was at the game yesterday and some guys in Sehawks jerseys were throwing condoms filled with what I hope was water at people and vehicles, at least according to hearsay from those who witnessed it. I did not personally see it myself, so that is all I will write.

Yeah, every stadium will have a few troublemakers. There are probably over 100,000 people in or around the stadium on gameday and many of them are wasted beyond belief. It is not the opera. I do not believe that fan violence is a serious problem at the stick, but that does not mean that it is nonexistent, either here or elsewhere.

Anyway, the Seahawks played a good game (like I thought they would) and I expect that we will meet again in the post season.

253hawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":285wrc6v said:

2VVTPgb

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":3dflncet said:
Meh, there are over 70,000 people inside the park for a regular season NFL game. Other than the preseason games against the Raiders, I have virtually never seen anything bad happen to anyone. Maybe it is because most of the people around where I sit are long time season ticket holders; maybe worse stuff happens in the end zone where it is mostly ticket-brokers who own the seats, but I have a tough time believing that fan behavior inside the stadium is any worse than your average NFL game.

And it is not just one fanbase that is bad. I was at the game yesterday and some guys in Sehawks jerseys were throwing condoms filled with what I hope was water at people and vehicles, at least according to hearsay from those who witnessed it. I did not personally see it myself, so that is all I will write.

Yeah, every stadium will have a few troublemakers. There are probably over 100,000 people in or around the stadium on gameday and many of them are wasted beyond belief. It is not the opera. I do not believe that fan violence is a serious problem at the stick, but that does not mean that it is nonexistent, either here or elsewhere.

Anyway, the Seahawks played a good game (like I thought they would) and I expect that we will meet again in the post season.
Wrong, that may have been a great game by SF standards but Seattle pretty much crapped the bed in all facets of the game. I'm not trying to be a Richard Cranium about it but it was one of the worst games the Hawks have played in a couple years.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":192xr41p said:
CandlestickBum":192xr41p said:

Wrong, that may have been a great game by SF standards but Seattle pretty much crapped the bed in all facets of the game. I'm not trying to be a Richard Cranium about it but it was one of the worst games the Hawks have played in a couple years.

Lets see, in the past two years the Seahawks have:

1. Lost 13:6 in San Francisco to the 49ers.
2. Lost 19:17 in Seattle to the 49ers.

In the last two months the Seahawks have:

1. Let a team with (at the time) zero wins run up the score 21-0 at Clink.
2. Made a desperate goal-line defense to prevent a loss by the worst team in the NFC West.

San Francisco has been allowing an average of 16.5 points this season. Seattle's middling offensive performance could in no way have anything to do with the fact that they were playing one of the best defenses in the NFL. It must have been a Gypsy curse that held Seattle's offense to seventeen points.

Come to think of it, that is how the 49ers lost the Superbowl last year; Gypsy curse. The Ravens' themselves obviously had nothing to do with the loss. We were just having a bad game.

253hawk

Reaction score
1. TB had a perfect storm 2nd quarter with turnovers and short fields. What'd they do in the second half? 3 points. Offensive juggernauts. They came out playing like a team with nothing to lose but we adjusted to that.
2. The NFCW has the highest winning % in the NFL and the Rams took major advantage of us being out 3 starting linemen with their stud edge rushers. They may be the 'worst' in the division, but their record is only 10th worst in the league.

Seattle's offense was extremely pedestrian and vanilla this week compared to the past couple of weeks. No read-option and no deep passes where Russ has lit it up better than anyone. Bevell went super-conservative for whatever reason. Lots of drive-killing penalties on plays that went for first downs, too. If one of those went the distance, that's a 10 point swing given the fire sale SF had with FG's.