Sherman's 1st pick of the day

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
I think the opposing offenses should change the name of the play that Sherman got his first pick on to the "Sherman Pick Route". Every single time I saw the ball launch deep to that side I instantly feel like it's going to be picked. The only real disappointment with that play this season, iirc, was the Hilton TD, when it seems coverage was broken.

Riley12

Reaction score
You can see his body language change when he becomes a receiver out there

IcedHawk

Reaction score
He has that route on lock. Everytime the receiver has to prevent Sherman from picking it off, or it's going the other way.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Love this quote from Terry Blount in his "Rapid Reaction" blog entry on ESPN.

Terry Blount":3q9lvu81 said:
And any team that throws a sideline go route on Sherman is just plain dumb. Manning tried it in the second quarter and Sherman could have called for a fair catch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I said this in the Gameday Forum. Why do teams keep trying this? (not that I mind). He's too strong for the WR to knock him off his spot and too tall for the WR to get the ball away from him or at least knock it down. Plus, he played WR so his hands are obviously top notch. IIRC 4 of his ints this year are on that route.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":26ftvkqk said:
I said this in the Gameday Forum. Why do teams keep trying this? (not that I mind). He's too strong for the WR to knock him off his spot and too tall for the WR to get the ball away from him or at least knock it down. Plus, he played WR so his hands are obviously top notch. IIRC 4 of his ints this year are on that route.

He's been beat on a couple double-moves; otherwise, he locks 'em down.

OP
OP
JaiSeaSea

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
I want to see Denver Off call at least 1 "Sherman Pick Route"