So who do we want to win/lose at this point?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
It's really hard to predict at this point, but I was wondering if anyone has put more thought into this than I have.

Assuming we're the #1, who do we want to win/lose.

It seems like SF and Carolina/New Orleans are locked into the wild card spots. Is it just assumed we'll ended up playing one of those 3 as they'll most likely win on the road against Chicago, Dallas, or Philly? That's what it kinda looks like to me. Not very exciting scoreboard watching for our position, but I'm not complaining.

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3m99mazg said:
Doesn't matter. Just win our games. Fear nobody.
Oh I definitely don't "fear" anybody in the NFC, especially in our house... But it seems like the best matchups for us are non-mobile QBs. I'd rather not play Cam and that D, and I'd also like to avoid SF if at all possible, seeing as they just beat us last week. I wouldn't pick either of those two against us, but I'd rather play a Dallas, Chicago, Philly, New Orleans, etc.

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
pmedic920":mlr6vern said:
If the cards win, it puts a lot of pressure on the 9ers. If the rams beat the saints I think we lock up HFA. but I'm no expert.
I know we can't clinch HFA or the division since SF won today. A NO loss would just clinch either the #1 or #5.

JOz56

Reaction score
We win next week and it is all ours. NFCW, HFA, all that good noise. Who wins and loses no longer matters at this point

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
JOz56":3mnijoz9 said:
We win next week and it is all ours. NFCW, HFA, all that good noise. Who wins and loses no longer matters at this point
I'm thinking in terms of matchups in the divisional round, not seeding.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":1th7qni0 said:
pmedic920":1th7qni0 said:
If the cards win, it puts a lot of pressure on the 9ers. If the rams beat the saints I think we lock up HFA. but I'm no expert.
I know we can't clinch HFA or the division since SF won today. A NO loss would just clinch either the #1 or #5.

I stand corrected. Thanks

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The op didnt ask who we were afraid of...

I'd like to see Dallas and Chicago make it..its a long shot but AZ too. Rather see NO end up a wild card on the road

warden

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2iytc9ut said:

Exactly, you can't be the best if you can't beat the best.I want to play the best. Fear nobody

JOz56

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":21wyc9r8 said:
JOz56":21wyc9r8 said:

Ahh, gotcha. I want San Fran, so I dunno how that has to happen, but it needs to.

hawk45

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":2bhhic3v said:
JSeahawks":2bhhic3v said:
Oh I definitely don't "fear" anybody in the NFC, especially in our house... But it seems like the best matchups for us are non-mobile QBs. I'd rather not play Cam and that D, and I'd also like to avoid SF if at all possible, seeing as they just beat us last week. I wouldn't pick either of those two against us, but I'd rather play a Dallas, Chicago, Philly, New Orleans, etc.

I agree with you, out of NO/SF/CAR, I'd probably rather face the Saints, mainly because their D isn't as good as the other two and D seems to travel better.

Since we seem SO invincible at home though, this is one year I'd actually take a little more "difficult" matchup in the Niners just to stab their postseason hopes in the face.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":2ucvovof said:
JOz56":2ucvovof said:
I would prefer NOLA then Carolina. I don't want to play San Francisco 3 times.

morgulon1

Reaction score
pmedic920":26w5c9ds said:

I was wondering about this. Can anything happen between now and next Sunday that would affect our position in the playoffs??

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
morgulon1":rjv04xxb said:
pmedic920":rjv04xxb said:

I was wondering about this. Can anything happen between now and next Sunday that would affect our position in the playoffs??
Record wise, no. Unless SF plays on TNF which I don't think they do.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
morgulon1":3v1zl8g5 said:
pmedic920":3v1zl8g5 said:

No. Unless we lose out and they win out. We eliminate the Cardinals next week when we clinch everything anyway. The real issue is how important is 14-2 to Pete and the team?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":1rdvqm28 said:
JOz56":1rdvqm28 said:
I would prefer NOLA then Carolina. I don't want to play San Francisco 3 times.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
I really don't want to see Aaron Rodgers coming into Seattle in the second round looking for payback for the hail mary game. I am rooting hard for the Packers to lose and the Bears and Lions to win.