The only downfall to a Seahawks win against the Cardinals..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
.. is it clinches a spot for the 49ers.

Oh well. Top seed here we come!

Polaris

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1w1v7k26 said:
They (49ers) are going to clinch a spot anyway...they play the Falcons next week.

Yep. The 49ners clinch with a win or Arizona loss. I fully expect the 49ners to be rooting for the Cardinals tbh. If (ok when) we beet the Cards,we also clinch a spot for New Orleans no matter what, and for Carolina if they win.

sutz

Reaction score
After all those years of we Seattle fans praying and wishing for weird outcomes in games around the country so that somehow we could sneak into the playoffs, this is kind of a weird feeling. This means that there are fans around the country hoping for specific outcomes and may tune in to the Seattle game in the interest of knowing what will happen to their ''bubble" sitting team.

This year, we're not sitting on a bubble, we're the one popping them. :)

muxpux

Reaction score
sutz":r6e4g29o said:
After all those years of we Seattle fans praying and wishing for weird outcomes in games around the country so that somehow we could sneak into the playoffs, this is kind of a weird feeling. This means that there are fans around the country hoping for specific outcomes and may tune in to the Seattle game in the interest of knowing what will happen to their ''bubble" sitting team.

This year, we're not sitting on a bubble, we're the one popping them. :)

dont it feel good being in the drivers seat?

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I hope if/when the Hawks win on Sunday, I hope the Miners don't lose another game. I'd prefer they be the 5th seed. Having to go to Chicago *possibly Green Bay if AR comes back* If they win that, having to go to Carolina or New Orleans, depending on who wins that game. THEN if they make it through that, having to come to CLink *provided hawks also take care of business* If they make it through that...they deserve wherever they make it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":3t8m9w9l said:
I hope if/when the Hawks win on Sunday, I hope the Miners don't lose another game. I'd prefer they be the 5th seed. Having to go to Chicago *possibly Green Bay if AR comes back* If they win that, having to go to Carolina or New Orleans, depending on who wins that game. THEN if they make it through that, having to come to CLink *provided hawks also take care of business* If they make it through that...they deserve wherever they make it.

I think they probably will be the 5th seed. The other wild card will most likely be whoever doesnt win the division between the Saints and Panthers and they have to play eachother again which means the loser can only go 11-5 for the wildcard.

Also, the wild card games are going to be held in Philly, Dallas, Chicago or Detroit. I dont think the packers win the division.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
If the Packers get AR, I think they're a better team than Chicago.and being a game behind with the last game for both teams being Bears vs Packers. I'd love to see the Niners have to go to arguably 3 of the toughest places to play in lambeau, super dome, and our very own CLink
but I did forget about detroit.

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't see the Pack winning that division.

From what little I saw the 'Boys beat the snot out of them with our buddy Flynn playing QB didn't they?

I have to admit I wouldn't mind the 'Boys coming here for a playoff game so I can bash my old boss who is now calling me every week bragging about them.

:les:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Packers aren't going to win the division, and if they do, the Niners will smoke them.

Their defense is terrible this season. They scored 37 on a bad Cowboys defense. Yes, they have Flynn, and no, he didn't give up those 36 points on defense either. With some more reps he might be the best backup in the NFL again.

Polaris

Reaction score
The Radish":2pk3i5cb said:

From what little I saw the 'Boys beat the snot out of them with our buddy Flynn playing QB didn't they?

I have to admit I wouldn't mind the 'Boys coming here for a playoff game so I can bash my old boss who is now calling me every week bragging about them.

Pack came back and won the game 37-36. Romo was classic Romo.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":684vjdjm said:
They (49ers) are going to clinch a spot anyway...they play the Falcons next week.

I'm sure they would, but they won't get the chance. Their fate will be sealed by us......It just goes to show how much this division is OURS right now. With one game, we clinch the division, #1 seed, eliminate the cardinals and clinch for the Niners.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If anything the 19-17 loss proved one thing to us - we really are several scores better than the 49ers at home.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1pbur99x said:
If anything the 19-17 loss proved one thing to us - we really are several scores better than the 49ers at home.

The 9ers blow-outs here at the CLink were against Kaep (though Alex Smith was part of that spanking Carroll's boys put on Singletary's team). I would expect that Kaep will eventually adjust to the environment enough to lower the spread. Just like Wilson played better in SF this year versus last, I suspect time will have a way of leveling things out.

Now whether the convergence happens in a playoff match-up this season or later down the road? Only time will tell.

As far as the downfall of winning against the Cardinals, I expect this game to be pretty physical and the Cardinals giving it their best shot. I hope the OL is up to the task of keeping the Cardinals off Wilson. And really would like to see the run game pick it up a notch. The team has no choice, they have to beat the Cardinals to kick down the door and not count on winning the division against a Rams team playing for pride.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Radish":2jjlhle0 said:

If Aaron Rodgers comes back, thats a team with new life..

The interesting thing is they may very well draw the 49ers in Round 1.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":sm7y4rle said:

Sure they did if the game ended at halftime, but luckily for us (since Wilson is so adept at the 4th quarter comebacks) NFL games have 4 quarters. The cowboys defense can't play 4 quarters and to little surprise, they did as I thought they would, and made Flynn end up looking like an all pro by the end of the game. Kudos the the Cowboys for having probably the worst defense in playoff history (If they even get lucky enough to make the playoffs)

The Radish

Reaction score
Polaris":27g5yc7n said:
The Radish":27g5yc7n said:

Pack came back and won the game 37-36. Romo was classic Romo.

I just saw that at coffee this morning. I turned the TV of at half time figuring that was a walk in the park for the 'Boys. Felt good to call my old boss tho. lol

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Lions at home against the Giants and on the road against the Vikes. Most likely, they win out and take the division.

Polaris

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":bpd0szzv said:
Lions at home against the Giants and on the road against the Vikes. Most likely, they win out and take the division.

Lions still have to win tonight and given the Lion's propensity for shooting themselves in foot, a game vs the Ravens is one they could easily lose.....