NFC-Best

Ruminator

Reaction score
As of today, Week 15, with two games left to play:

All four teams in the NFC-W won, and all four teams in the NFC-E lost today.

The third-place NFC-W team (Arizona Cardinals) have a better record (9-5) than the entire NFC-E (Eagles are 8-6) and NFC-N (Bears are 8-6) divisions.

The fourth place (worst) record in the NFC-W (Rams at 6-8) is tied or better than the current third-place team in five other divisions.

Current total combined net points (point differential) by division ranked from best to worst:
NFC-W 339
AFC-W 241
NFC-S 64
AFC-N 12
NFC-N -31
AFC-E -103
NFC-E -212
AFC-S -310

(Seattle ranks first at 175, Broncos second at 163, 49ers third at 121.)

Another big fat nail in the "NFC-Worst" coffin.

EDIT: revised subject

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Another interesting feature is our win % as a division. We're finally the NFC-best, and the Hawks are the top of the best. Should we win the next two games, that perspective will only be solidified.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":13h6vdr8 said:
Another interesting feature is our win % as a division. We're finally the NFC-best, and the Hawks are the top of the best. Should we win the next two games, that perspective will only be solidified.

We are NOT losing to the Cards or the Rams at the Clink!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Yup ... our conference is this good. Simply amazing ...
The bad news: All our coordinators will be gone next season ... to new jobs. Bevell will be gone (Jets?), Our Special teams coach will be gone. Our offensive line coach will most likely be gone. Our defensive coordinator will be gone. Our Defensive Back coach will most likely become coordinator somewhere.
Hell .. even our equipment personal will be gone.
Our cooks will be promoted to new jobs in other organizations ...

drdiags

Reaction score
What is also interesting to me is that Bruce Arians was ridiculed a tad on his proclamation about the Cardinals not being afraid of the 9ers and Seahawks. They have a chance to make their coach look good by knocking off the top-2 division foes and yet may still miss the playoffs.

The Outfield

Reaction score
joeseahawks":16hg75n5 said:
The bad news: All our coordinators will be gone next season ... to new jobs. Bevell will be gone (Jets?), Our Special teams coach will be gone. Our offensive line coach will most likely be gone. Our defensive coordinator will be gone. Our Defensive Back coach will most likely become coordinator somewhere.

I disagree that all of those will be gone. Bevell's chances look pretty high, though.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1zxt04ut said:
Ad Hawk":1zxt04ut said:

We are NOT losing to the Cards or the Rams at the Clink!

What?!? :thfight7:

Steve2222

Reaction score
joeseahawks":yxxgaqva said:

Just the nature of the beast of a championship caliber team. Look at all the coordinators the Pats have gone through in the Brady/Belicheck era.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3ugfd2nr said:

I think after Dan Quinn and Darrell Bevell you can just stop.

I don't think Cable as any intention of ever being a HC again, and he's not well-rounded enough to be an OC.

Kris Richards will stay or be promoted to DC if Quinn leaves, and if he does Marquand Manuel is in place to take over.

However, I have a feeling it's going to Ken Norton, JR if Quinn leaves.

ST coaches hardly ever get promoted, plus we can offer the most money but I doubt it comes to that.

And I know this ISNT a popular idea but if Bevell leaves I want Mike Holmgren for OC. People will say finesse won't mix with our physicality but in my opinion it would create a perfect storm... and the philosophies really aren't that much different... Holmgren liked a great clock-controlling ground game , game manager QB, and he was always searching for that big-play reciever (Koren Robinson, Joe Jurevicious) to complement his elite and precise short to immediate passing offense.

Above anything else discipline and execution were always top priorities which this team sorely lacks at times. Holmgren was the mastermind of some of the best offenses this team as ever had and I think he would be absolutely exhilarated to coach the offensive foundation we have in place now especially one Russell Wilson. The Seneca Wallace he always wanted, tried to create, but never had.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":9itt8nr3 said:
And I know this is a popular idea but if Bevell leaves I want Mike Holmgren for OC.

What are you smokin'? There is no way in h-ll that Mike is coming out of retirement to freeze his ass off on the Road!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3hcsoa9j said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3hcsoa9j said:
And I know this is a popular idea but if Bevell leaves I want Mike Holmgren for OC.

What are you smokin'? There is no way in h-ll that Mike is coming out of retirement to freeze his ass off on the Road!

Two Words.

First name, Russell. Last name, Wilson.

Besides doesn't he live in Seattle.

Seafan

Reaction score
Zorn as assist OC to Cable. Cable as AHC/OC/OL should be the highest paid asst coach in the league. But there is likely a better guy than Zorn out there so I'm really not worried. Same with Quinn. There are solid asst coaches all over the league and college that would love a crack at coaching this defense for PC. I'm more worried about the players leaving than the coaches.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":21umpsg5 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":21umpsg5 said:

Seriously, what??? I appreciate what Holmgren did for the Hawks organization, but come back as OC?? If we're throwing names out there I'd rather have Gruden than Holmgren. Hopefully it won't come to that. At least for a year or two.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Cable, bevel, and Quinn aren't going anywhere. book it.
we will lose no one.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3vha0ft2 said:
Bigpumpkin":3vha0ft2 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3vha0ft2 said:

Seriously, what??? I appreciate what Holmgren did for the Hawks organization, but come back as OC?? If we're throwing names out there I'd rather have Gruden than Holmgren. Hopefully it won't come to that. At least for a year or two.

What makes Gruden a better choice than Holmgren?

What makes Holmgren an unreasonable choice at all?

Are people afraid he's going to under mime Carroll?

IF Holmgen was OC now, I'm willing to bet this offense would be better disciplined thus being more consistent but just as explosive than it is under Bevell.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The Outfield":vof3qzrf said:
joeseahawks":vof3qzrf said:

I disagree that all of those will be gone. Bevell's chances look pretty high, though.

And I thought we put the franchise tag on our cooks. LOL
:p :p :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The NFCW swept all the teams they played yesterday. Again.

Ruminator":23peabsb said:
All four teams in the NFC-W won, and all four teams in the NFC-E lost today.
(edit) Oops, missed this bit in the OP.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is why winning the division this year will be even more of a great accomplishment than ever before. Our division has never been this tough.