Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • Use sparingly to secure a win

Votes: 53 47.7%

• Total voters

tom sawyer

Reaction score

I think in order to be fressh and injury free for the payoffs it's wisest idea

JonRud

Reaction score
Pete said in his press conference last night that is not the philosophy of the team and they will not rest starters. He may pull guys in the 2nd half, but the starting lineup will play.

IMHO what Pete is going is working great and don't change a thing.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

And frankly, I think the backups have earned some playing time as well. We could finally see guys like C. Michael play against a solid #1 D.

Assuming the Hawks win this weekend, of course.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
treat it as pre-season game 3. Play the starters in half 1 and have them start the second half. Then keep them in if you feel like they need to find some rhythm; if they already look good then take them out. It's all about their confidence level.

That being said, while i expect them to rest starters in the second half, I also expect them to be playing to win the game.

Axx

Reaction score
Pete already said he doesnt swing that way so no

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have always thought Peyton would have more than one ring if the Colts had been less passive about playing starters at the end of seasons. Not playing hard=not practicing hard. And that is very bad thing.

Pete cannot rest guys unless they are hurting, and those guys will get rest for sure. Always Compete, every game is a championship game. His whole program rests on that being true.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3tsjts0a said:
This is a topic for next Monday Jinxer McJinxerson

Oops!
I'll go stand in the corner of the Seahawks locker room and fold towels now

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO I feel Pete will play all starters first. Then pull people as the score dictates. If it is a close game all the way through then he will keep them all in till we secure the win. Even mid season he pulls starters if winning comfortably so why wouldn't he now? I don't feel he would change anything. Winning at home (with streak to keep) and his winning mentality is why he will not let up off the gas. Thankfully.

kidhawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":23v48uxw said:
I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

And frankly, I think the backups have earned some playing time as well. We could finally see guys like C. Michael play against a solid #1 D.

Lynch has his court date the Friday before that game, so sitting him may not be a bad idea, just to let him deal with that. Although I believe they are going to be requesting a delay in the trial until the off season, and hopefully that happens. Lynch is a force we cannot be without for the playoffs

As far as the poll goes, it's really a moot point since Carroll said he's going to start the game as he would any other week. He did say that he may make a decision within the game to get players some time, but that they aren't just going to rest starters for the sake of resting starters. I like this decision. If we didn't have the bye in the first round of the playoffs, then I could understand the desire to get a little rest, but our guys will get that first week of rest already. Another is unnecessary and can actually be more of a hindrance than a help.

jblaze

Reaction score
JonRud":1tpzrb95 said:
Pete said in his press conference last night that is not the philosophy of the team and they will not rest starters. He may pull guys in the 2nd half, but the starting lineup will play.

IMHO what Pete is going is working great and don't change a thing.

This. In Pete I trust. Also this has been a problem in years past for teams who lock up HFA early. I think you gotta keep the momentum and rhythm going. At least get them a half then put in TJack and Turbin at least. The two people we cannot lose are RW and ML.

kf3339

Reaction score
kidhawk":296pnyej said:
AbsolutNET":296pnyej said:

Lynch has his court date the Friday before that game, so sitting him may not be a bad idea, just to let him deal with that. Although I believe they are going to be requesting a delay in the trial until the off season, and hopefully that happens. Lynch is a force we cannot be without for the playoffs

As far as the poll goes, it's really a moot point since Carroll said he's going to start the game as he would any other week. He did say that he may make a decision within the game to get players some time, but that they aren't just going to rest starters for the sake of resting starters. I like this decision. If we didn't have the bye in the first round of the playoffs, then I could understand the desire to get a little rest, but our guys will get that first week of rest already. Another is unnecessary and can actually be more of a hindrance than a help.

Lynch doesn't have to show at trial since they are arranging a postponement until after the Super Bowl. I would possibly rest him for the Ram game once we have secured the #1 seed with a win against Arizona this Sunday. But he is really the only guy I might make this option for on this team, and only because of the position and his running style.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":1scnqujm said:
kidhawk":1scnqujm said:
AbsolutNET":1scnqujm said:

Lynch doesn't have to show at trial since they are arranging a postponement until after the Super Bowl. I would possibly rest him for the Ram game once we have secured the #1 seed with a win against Arizona this Sunday. But he is really the only guy I might make this option for on this team, and only because of the position and his running style.

I realize he doesn't have to go, but he may want to go if we've clinched. If that's the case, then I'd be ok with the team letting him. If he stays here though, I'd rather he start and play as he has been and they can rest on the bye week. We've been seeing quite a bit of Turbin lately, and I think we will see him in a lot again for the rams game whether Lynch starts or not.

CANHawk

Reaction score
No, we shouldn't Rust the starters... That's a terrible idea.

But it would be a good idea to get the depth guys some PT in the second half to ensure they are properly lubricated for the playoffs.

salukihawk12

Reaction score
I agree we shouldn't rest the starters but there can be no secondguessing from the naysayers if a catastrophic injury occurs...