NFC championship game time??

Seahawker86

Reaction score
what time would it be slated for? Does it depend on the teams involved? I tried searching and couldn't find it. I have a company party that day and I want to know if I am not going or if its during the day. Any help would be useful. thanks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IIRC one will start at noon our time and the other at 3:30 PM our time. Obviously if an east coast team, say the Pats, were hosting the AFCCG and the Hawks were hosing the NFCCG, we'd have the 3:30 PM start. If it's 2 west coast teams, I have no idea how it's determined.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":fmub55n1 said:
KitsapGuy":fmub55n1 said:
It was at 5:30 in 2005. If that helps. :sherlock:
I was there and it was still light out when the game started so I have to respectfully disagree.

Me too and this.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3w4xst8x said:
KitsapGuy":3w4xst8x said:
It was at 5:30 in 2005. If that helps. :sherlock:
I was there and it was still light out when the game started so I have to respectfully disagree.

Yeah, I hit the wrong number. :oops: It was 3:30 our time.

JonRud

Reaction score
Interestingly in Jan. 2006 both Denver and Seattle hosted the Championship games. Denver started at noon Seattle time and the Hawks 3:30pm.

If both teams host again it could be the exact same scenario playing out.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JonRud":1kwnnxm4 said:
Interestingly in Jan. 2006 both Denver and Seattle hosted the Championship games. Denver started at noon Seattle time and the Hawks 3:30pm.

Which would make sense because a noon Seattle start is a 1PM Denver game.

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1ew9odk4 said:
JonRud":1ew9odk4 said:

Which would make sense because a noon Seattle start is a 1PM Denver game.

If I check my atlas, Denver is the city furthest West - outta all AFC teams involved in this year's playoffs.
Any other team that could host an AFCCG would have an "early" game starting no later than 1:00 p.m. (their local time....i.e. Kansas City)

Based on that, AFC gets early time slot....
and Seattle would get the 3:30 p.m. (west coast) start.

I, too, was there in Seattle (Jan. 22nd, 2006)....game time was 3:30 p.m. !!! ~ ~ Just like this coming January !!! :th2thumbs:

kinesmajor

Reaction score
So if the game is at 3:30 what time shall we start tailgating?!

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Mitch is doing Mr Playoffs right now, talking about the divisional playoff game. Says it's most likely we'd play Saturday 1/11 at 5pm, because Fox will get the early Sunday game(@CAR or NO).

I would think(hope) the networks would give us the 3:30pm slot regardless of which AFC team hosts the championship game. SD and OAK are the only Pacific time zone teams, neither are in play here. Wouldn't put it past them though to give it to Denver if it's Manning/Brady XV.

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":1mnyntpp said:
Mitch is doing Mr Playoffs right now, talking about the divisional playoff game. Says it's most likely we'd play Saturday 1/11 at 5pm, because Fox will get the early Sunday game(@CAR or NO).

I would think(hope) the networks would give us the 3:30pm slot regardless of which AFC team hosts the championship game. SD and OAK are the only Pacific time zone teams, neither are in play here. Wouldn't put it past them though to give it to Denver if it's Manning/Brady XV.

Think about this,
Denver, as the "late game" would start @ 4:30 p.m. ~ Mountain Time Zone
Seattle, as the "early game" would get the 12:00 NOON (Pacific) start time !!?????????????

Even the NFL isn't that stupid........

Denver - early - 1:00 p.m. (local) start......
Seattle - late - 3:30 p.m. (local) start......

BOOK IT !!! :th2thumbs:

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
IT'S VERY SIMPLE:

The conference championship start times alternate between conferences each year.

The start times are 12:00 PT and 3:30 PT.

Since the NFC had the early game last year, this year the NFC is the late game.

So we will be hosting the championship game at 3:30 PT.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Perfect, and exactly how it was in 05. Shoot, bring in Carolina and get the same result. Getting tired of hearing how "scary" they are. Um, no, the Hawks are scary at home.