NY Times article on our pass defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seattle ranks No. 1 in passing yards allowed and in interceptions, a feat that has been accomplished only three times in the N.F.L. Two of those teams won championships that season (the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the 1963 Chicago Bears); the third (the 1982 Miami Dolphins) lost in the Super Bowl.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
We're are KNOWN to pretty darn good. What amazes me is the Giants O coordinator appeared to have not received the letter. He ran some 'are you out of your mind' plays against our secondary.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Unfortunately, these records will probably be downgrAded if we beat Arizona because we won't have many starters in the lineup.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Also this article doesn't account for the number of penalties on our defense which is probably alot more than the older teams

djb28

Reaction score
There is no comparison. This team should be number one. Teams in past eras did not have players with freakishly large bodies. Back breaking strength, speed and PED agility!

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Still can't believe that Dolphins record... Can anybody who remembers vouch for the tenacity of that defense?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":17kzir1n said:
Can anybody who remembers vouch for the tenacity of that defense?
Oh yeah... I remember... they were called the "No Name Defense".

Watching their games was boring if you weren't a Dolphins fan... I remember that as well.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And I also remember the 1963 Chicago Bears as I was a Bears fan at the time having been born and raised in the Chicago area.

I was 14 y/o at the time.

The defensive backfield was Davey Whitsell, Rosey Taylor, Richie Petibon and Bennie McRae.

Between those four, they had 29 INTs for the year... amazing stat given the era.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Really enjoyed the article, thanks for the link. :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new:

Status
Not open for further replies.