If Harvin doesn't play this postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
I'm done with him. No more excuses. The injury isn't THAT bad. The "soreness" reason for 5 straight weeks is questionable at best (not as much as his mysterious migraines that magically have gone away). Hasselbeck played through broken ribs and a messed up leg multiple times and came back in 3 weeks. Philip Rivers played the 2008 AFC CG with a torn ACL, Favre played through countless injuries his entire career, Terrell Owens broken/torn leg in the Super Bowl... the list goes on. Like Deion Sanders said about questioning Cutler, "You would have to take me off on a stretcher to not play in a playoff game". Maybe the Jags can pickup Harvin and Jay Cutler in a double-package deal this offseason? 2 players with tons of potential but no heart.

OP
OP
B

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2xlksagx said:
He has Sleep apnea. That caused his migranes. Once he was diagnosed and treated, they went away.
Could be true, be we cannot be for sure. The fact is that these controversial "injuries" have happened before when he was at Florida and the Vikings. If this injury is so serious that he is missing the entire season, why isn't he on IR?

uncle fester

Reaction score
He's returned one kick, caught one pass and you're done with him?

I fear for the incoming rookie class, if that's the case.

OP
OP
B

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
uncle fester":e7f9mljk said:

What a dumb post. I'm not questioning his ability. I'm questioning his will/desire to play. Which rookies from the 2013 class are are we paying $25 mil guaranteed to sit with a minor injury?

uncle fester

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":38fs4ysf said:
uncle fester":38fs4ysf said:

What a dumb post. I'm not questioning his ability. I'm questioning his will/desire to play. Which rookies from the 2013 class are are we paying $25 mil guaranteed to sit with a minor injury?

Why, thank you for your most valuable retort.

Tell us, Doctor, what is your medical prognosis? I mean, you *must* be a doctor to state that "the injury isn't THAT bad"? Tell us what you can diagnose from your office that all the other doctors that have seen Harvin and have reported back to the FO can't seem to understand?

themunn

Reaction score
And if the reason he doesn't play in the postseason is because Carroll doesn't want to risk him?
For all we know Harvin is desperate to play (sure looked that way against Minnesota), but the staff invested a lot of money and draft capital in him and will only play him when they think he's ready.

Are you done with Christine Michael too?

HawkCop

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":1vdtnty0 said:
uncle fester":1vdtnty0 said:

This isn't a minor injury. He tried to come back too soon and it back fired. He'll eventually play again but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the rest of the season.

OP
OP
B

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
HawkCop":3r8ffkb7 said:
BreesIsOverrated":3r8ffkb7 said:
uncle fester":3r8ffkb7 said:

This isn't a minor injury. He tried to come back too soon and it back fired. He'll eventually play again but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the rest of the season.
Then put him on IR and free up a spot for someone else if isn't minor.

uncle fester

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":1oz3sngg said:
HawkCop":1oz3sngg said:
BreesIsOverrated":1oz3sngg said:
uncle fester":1oz3sngg said:

Then put him on IR and free up a spot for someone else if isn't minor.

Why?

If there's a chance he can contribute - at any point, which would force a major rethink for any DC facing him - why put him on IR? And who are you looking to free up a spot for?

OP
OP
B

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
uncle fester":3ax1fxoi said:
If there's a chance he can contribute - at any point, which would force a major rethink for any DC facing him - why put him on IR? And who are you looking to free up a spot for?

We need a real 4th WR. Lockette isn't it. We can tryout Brandon Lloyd among others.

uncle fester

Reaction score
That's it? Your entire rant about Harvin ends up being because Lockette isn't a 4th WR in your eyes?

And your solution is to try out in an ageing, slowing, injury-prone replacement who couldn't even re-sign with his old team (having tried everywhere else) due to health concerns?

billyberu

Reaction score
I suspect the coaching staff have a better handle on Percy's injury and his desire to play than you do. However, you're free to be a whiney bitch about and start yet another thread, I suppose.

HawkCop

Reaction score
Obviously the coaching staff knows the needs of the team better than us. If there's a chance Harvin comes back this year they'll keep him on the active roster. He's the type of play maker other teams fear. Rest easy, we're 12-2 and he's on our team!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Formula for thread lock:
1. Post emo rant.
2. state amateur medical opinion.
3. Indict coaching and managing decisions.
4. Pillory any who disagree with said emo rant in follow up posts.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm afraid that Bo knows what's wrong with Percy.

Seriously if he is unable to play the rest of the season or next then I'm sure Paul Allen's attorneys can handle Harvin.

Harvin is up against the wall though.
If or when he does return he must deliver or the NFL will be done with him.
If he is not able to play in the playoffs the length of recovery time involved will point to his injury being degenerative and that will mean this contract will be his last in the NFL.

We are also assuming that if he returns that he will play well when in fact he hasn't even practiced this season. Our offense has no sync with him yet.
He could actually cause us to lose.

But he could also make the one play that wins a super owl. In that case all would be forgiven.

KK84

Reaction score
I can't figure out which is more ridiculous, the premise of the op or using the availability of Brandon Lloyd as an argument.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Scottemojo":weradnxl said:
Formula for thread lock:
1. Post emo rant.
2. state amateur medical opinion.
3. Indict coaching and managing decisions.
4. Pillory any who disagree with said emo rant in follow up posts.

More lunacy has been offered, yet the thread remains open. It would appear your formula is missing an ingredient.

brimsalabim":weradnxl said:
He could actually cause us to lose.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.