Practice squad roster moves for this week

jblaze

Reaction score
Seahawks added DT Dewayne Cherrington and WR Arceto Clark to practice squad and cut DT Michael Brooks. Had cut LB Mike Taylor on Monday.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
doesn't michael brooks get cut every other week?

KK84

Reaction score
Hawknballs":krel3a9a said:
doesn't michael brooks get cut every other week?

Probably because a front seven player is the only position group the Niners won't take.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Hasn't WR Clark been around the team for a couple of years now? I think I remember his name quite a bit on the PS.

I wonder what bringing in another WR says. I know I wasn't impressed with Lockette's attempt at that throw up last week. Usually our guys (Baldwin and Kearse) work pretty hard to undercut those and meet it at the top of their jump. Wasn't a great throw though either.

springscohawk

Reaction score
Curious to why they would exchange Cherrington for Brooks as they both play DT. Is this a money saving move, way to look at more players, or does Cherrington more closely resemble a Cardinal defensive lineman that they will be practicing for this week for weekends game?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
springscohawk":czjftxe9 said:
Curious to why they would exchange Cherrington for Brooks as they both play DT. Is this a money saving move, way to look at more players, or does Cherrington more closely resemble a Cardinal defensive lineman that they will be practicing for this week for weekends game?
You got it, bro. Brooks is a 295-pound 3-Technique whereas Cherrington is a 6-2, 345-pound space eater who is best situated as a 2-gap (3-4) NT. The Cardinals are a 3-4 defense and Cherrington is better-suited than Brooks or D'Anthony Smith to play the Dan Williams role in practice this week. Williams goes 6-2, 327.

Basis4day

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3ovzyp6a said:
springscohawk":3ovzyp6a said:
You got it, bro. Brooks is a 295-pound 3-Technique whereas Cherrington is a 6-2, 345-pound space eater who is best situated as a 2-gap (3-4) NT. The Cardinals are a 3-4 defense and Cherrington is better-suited than Brooks or D'Anthony Smith to play the Dan Williams role in practice this week. Williams goes 6-2, 327.

This. The PS is much more about preparing for an opponent than a developmental program. While players can emerge from PS, PS roster moves are not necessarily reactionary to a 53ers performance.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
As I said back in August , I played JV football with Big Dwayne Cherrington.

He was our Nose DL , Punter and goal line full back. He is a really good kid and will fight to stay with the team. I am definitely rooting for him to stick around