Rewatched the game last night.

hawker84

Reaction score
Just a few quick thoughts on our week 7 victory in AZ when i was able to watch it without any of those pesky emotions....

After rewatching the game I am much more confident than i was a couple days ago, we dominated them all game in every phase:

My observations:

Lynch had a good game, except for the fumbles, (2) but we got them both back

RW had a great game, however he had (3) fumbles, 1 recovered 2 lost. And these were killers.

Tate, Miller Rice had stellar games, very confident in our recieving core. Patrick Peterson was beat constantly all game

Wagner was out, KJ and Smith had stellar games especially Smith.

Our secondary was lights out.

D line played great, had Palmer on the ropes all game long, i believe 5 sacks total and a ton of pressure.

Bad Game:

Bouwie, had a herendous game, he was owned by Abrahams all game and was personally responsible for 2 of RW's fumbles.

McQuiston, good lord

Sweezy had a much better game, but did struggle at times.

Final thoughts:

We fumbled twice in their redzone. once at the 3 and once at the 15 both leading to AZ touchdowns, if it were not for those turnovers it would have been much uglier.

Had quite a few backbreaking penalties, mostly on the offensive line, but were able to overcome them for the most part.

This game was no where near as close as the score indicated, it was clear who the better team was, and it just felt like we could impose our will any time we wanted. I would expect more of the same Sunday, because AZ's O line struggled against our pass rush, and add the 12th man to the mix, spells a very long day for Palmer and the boys. I haven't said this all season, but i'm saying it now. AZ is getting their butt's whipped this Sunday, and I don't think there's a damn thing they can do about it. that last game was that dominating, in AZ no less.

JMO

JonRud

Reaction score
One of the best things in the last game was after the game all the Seahawks fans going insane at the post game setup and when Wilson came out. I was so tired but I stayed up to watch the whole thing it was fantastic.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
That game was 9 weeks ago.

The Turds are 6-1 since that game.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that they are playing the same as they were 9 weeks ago.

I still expect us to win... but let's give them the respect that we would want for going 6-1 since.

JonRud

Reaction score
Here are the 6 teams the Cards have beaten in that 6- 1 stretch:

Falcons, Texans, Jags, Colts, Rams, Titans.

Not exactly Murderer's Row.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1m9sa0ut said:
They've had a good run, it's about to end.
I agree.

Fwiw, here's what Pete has to say about the Turds...

"They're just cleaner, sharper, better at everything," Carroll said. "Their run defense is the best in the league. ... [Quarterback] Carson [Palmer] is really hitting it. They've really come together. You can see how efficient he's been in the last couple of months."

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
People drooling over the Cards 6-1 run.... Have you seen the teams they have played?

Atlanta, Houston, Jacksonville, Indy, Philly, St Louis and Tennessee. Not exactly murderers row.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I watched a bit of the game myself and like you I took note of the red zone fumbles and missing offensive linemen.

In the end, AZ has given up a LOT of TDs (26) through the air and I think Russell is going to have another 120+ passer rating this week.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
NEver take any division foe lightly, but htat being said we should be taking care of buisness at the end here. By the way since the Hakws played the Cards we are.... hmmm 6-1 and we are at home after completing the best road record in franchise history 6-2.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
JonRud":3qkmm2wp said:
Here are the 6 teams the Cards have beaten in that 6- 1 stretch:

Falcons, Texans, Jags, Colts, Rams, Titans.

Not exactly Murderer's Row.

FlyingGreg":3qkmm2wp said:
People drooling over the Cards 6-1 run.... Have you seen the teams they have played?

Atlanta, Houston, Jacksonville, Indy, Philly, St Louis and Tennessee. Not exactly murderers row.

Are you guys the same person? :)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":31y4ejl3 said:
That game was 9 weeks ago.

The Turds are 6-1 since that game.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that they are playing the same as they were 9 weeks ago.

I still expect us to win... but let's give them the respect that we would want for going 6-1 since.
They get as much respect as they deserve for going 6-1

Against Atlanta
Against Houston
Against Jacksonville
Losing to philly
Against the 6-8 Rams, at home
Against an Indy team that's plummetting off the face of the earth
Against a 5-9 Tennessee team, in OT.

We're going to crush them.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I love my fellow fans but calling them out for beating bad teams is fairly ironic given our schedules are virtually identical, save what, two teams?

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
I'll give them all the respect in the world, I think it's admirable what they've done, they've far exceeded any expectations and I think any AZ fan would say the same, but after watching the game last night, it's clear we're just on a different level, we dominated them with 2 O line starters out, Abrahams had a field day. that won't happen (as bad) with BG and Okung in there.

They're secondary is ok, but will suffer with the loss of Honeybadger. PP is not the shut down stud people make him out to be.

I was impressed with the linebacking group though, they had a hell of a game.

But with both lines healthy this game, I just can't see them winning, barring even more TO's than we had last game.

253hawk

Reaction score
JonRud":376x63c2 said:
One of the best things in the last game was after the game all the Seahawks fans going insane at the post game setup and when Wilson came out. I was so tired but I stayed up to watch the whole thing it was fantastic.

That was really cool. This is something you usually only see during College Gameday. Except this was an NFL game. On the road. For a Thursday night game.

[youtube]hhkriEryLtc[/youtube]

Greenhell

Reaction score
I only hope Bevell doesn't dumb down the play calling and go conservative and end up making this game a nail biter.

hawk45

Reaction score
My suspicion is that everything, including the rushing attack, will work at home.

If it doesn't my sincere hope is that we're willing to go pass-wacky for a few series to loosen things up at the LOS.

Reaction score
253hawk":cr6teu89 said:
JonRud":cr6teu89 said:

That was really cool. This is something you usually only see during College Gameday. Except this was an NFL game. On the road. For a Thursday night game.

[youtube]hhkriEryLtc[/youtube]
Thanks for sharing this! I stayed up and watched it, and just...chills....got the same feeling watching the youtube video of it again...what a special season.

60niners

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":tsj4w17t said:
I love my fellow fans but calling them out for beating bad teams is fairly ironic given our schedules are virtually identical, save what, two teams?
Lol finally someone said it.

morgulon1

Reaction score

etanate

Reaction score
And you could argue that some of that sloppy play, like the fumbles, were a result of being on the road on a short week. I expect at home with a full week of preparation the Hawks will come out sharp, and the game will not be close.