BJ Daniels

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This is slightly inspired by the Kirk Cousins thread in NFL Nation but I wondered where people saw Daniels' future next year.

Is he being groomed as a RW3 lite able to step in if the main man goes down or are we just having a look at him on the practice squad and TJACK will be the longer term back up?

He would be a cheap back up with a RW3-esque skill set if he was good enough. I also wonder if someone drops low enough in the draft whether he will end up fighting for the backup QB with them.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Competition next preseason with Jackson if Jackson is brought back more than likely. They only keep 2 QBs, so he'll get his shot to be Wilson's back up.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
If he's happy to sign another year at vet min, I can see T-Jack coming back.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure about BJ. I wouldn't mind seeing TJack coming back but I think he will be looking at teams that will give him a chance at starting first. I think the Seahawks will draft a QB and maybe sign a vet backup. From there it will be as usual a competition to see who stays. BJ is running scout team plays so he needs to get up to speed on the offense during OTAs.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drdiags":29bh4rir said:
Not sure about BJ. I wouldn't mind seeing TJack coming back but I think he will be looking at teams that will give him a chance at starting first. I think the Seahawks will draft a QB and maybe sign a vet backup. From there it will be as usual a competition to see who stays. BJ is running scout team plays so he needs to get up to speed on the offense during OTAs.

I don't think TJack will leave if he has an opportunity to stay. He's gotta see the writings on the wall as far as him being a starter goes. I don't he'd want to keep bouncing around at this stage in his career

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I think TJ is comfortable with his role on this Hawk team,....he knows RW is a starter that he can't think of beating out,....on another team as a backup he may be frustrated sitting on the bench thinking he's better than the starter,..

A London Hawk

Reaction score
I seem to remember him saying his time at the Bills was a vacation he didn't much enjoy or something like that and that Seattle was where he belonged. If he's given the oppportunity to stay, I think he'll take it.

Mick063

Reaction score
If required, Seahawks can win with Tavaris Jackson.

Best kept secret in the NFL. Folks outside of Seattle only remember Jackson's stint in Minnesota. The guy has become very accurate, can reliably read a defense, has some escapability in the pocket, and has earned locker room cred. I wouldn't swap him for any backup in the league. He fits Carroll's system perfectly.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
We have the "QB Bargain of the century" squad right now! Tjack is only making like $840k and Wilson is a lot less than that. Daniels would have to put on quite a show in camp next year to oust Tjack. My opinion only!

Latest posts