most memorable hawks game

gallacher88

Reaction score
Wanting to learn a bit of history troops. So what games u watched or attended that really stuck in ur mind.
Sadly I have only seen one live game as a newcomer which was against the saints a few weeks back. Still, made me a supporter. What I will take from that is the crazy scenes of the fans causing an earthquake. And lynch being the hulk .

Hawknballs

Reaction score
One of the games I remember watching most as a kid was the game in Kansas city where krieg was sacked 7 times by derrick Thomas but still hung in and threw a last second td to win it. Getting beat down for four quarters and still finding a way to win made me love the game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm a younger fan, so for me it'd be the Giants game in 2005 where the giants kept getting penalties for false starts and Feeley had 3 missed FGs

getnasty

Reaction score
The Derrick Thomas 7 sack game, I think I was in the 4th grade but still remember that game. My other would have to be the "we want the ball and were gonna score" game, that game still hurts my heart.

JonRud

Reaction score
There are tons of them. I'll throw one out - the Monday Night Game in 1999 where Holmgren brought his new team to Lambeau and destroyed the Packers 27-7. The Hawks pick off Favre a bunch and Springs returned a blocked FG for a TD.

That was a significant game to me - it felt like we finally had a real coach and could be a dangerous team.

seabowl

Reaction score
There are so many but for me the Romo botched snap game was absolutely incredible. Not just that play but the entire game. The last game of the season against the Raiders in I believe 1989 to make the playoffs was pretty memorable too.

Lanakila

Reaction score
Packers. Golden Tate. We were hugging strangers and high fiving everyone. Screaming and yelling all the way out of the stadium. We weren't even aware there was any controversy until we were half way home. Plus nine sacks on Aaron Rodgers. Sweet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
First win I ever saw at the Kingdome.. 1983 Wildcard game... something 27-7 over the Broncos. Think it might have been the Seahawks first ever playoff win?

another game that comes to mind is the 2005/06 run... the home games over the Redskins and Panthers. But mainly the noise at Seahawks Stadium when Trufant returns the second pick

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
My most memorable in person was Last season's home game against the Cards. 58-0. Everything was just clicking for that team that day, they could do no wrong. The Hawks were playing so well going into the ad offs I thought for sure a Super Bowl trip was theirs last year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Most memorable "in-person" game was at Atlanta in late 2002 when Shaun Alexander broke a run in OT for a TD. That was the year the Seahawks finished with 3 straight wins and had everyone excited about the prospects for the 2003 season.

Most memorable ever? Well, there were lots of great examples from the Knox years, lots of fun AFC West battles, but the one that actually got me all misty-eyed was the 2005 NFC Championship Game. What a night.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
It was a mid-80s game in the Kingdome against the Broncos. My family (ergo me at the time) moved to WA from CO and so were Broncos fans.

The Seahawks won and I just remember how LOUD the crowd was, and how they influenced the game! At the time it really ticked me off but later when I started to embrace my true "home team" the memory just makes me grin.

I was a young 12...I just didn't know it yet.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Id say...

#1- NFC Championship game in 05. I flew from NY to go to game. It was my first game in Qwest. Had only seen Kingdome and husky stadium before that. Just the whole atmosphere was mesmerizing

#2- Im gonna go with the Skansi catch at Arrowhead where DT had 7 sacks off Krieg

#3 Havent read whole thread yet, so not sure if it was mentioned.....I think it was 84 at Mile High. the FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE. Krieg hit Daryl Turner deep. was at uncles house in Issaquah and my aunt had the flu and was trying to sleep and kept telling us to stop screaming. I think we won on rich karlis miss at end. 27-24. something like that- can anyone confirm this?

#4 Miami in 83' - Ground Chuck riding off into sunset courtesy of Reggie McKenzie shoulders in the swamp. Only detail of game that i remember was that Largent was held catchless until at or around the last drive. Krieg hit him for about 30 yards to set up final TD by I think it was Cullen Bryant. Guys, I was 8, so sorrry if im mistaken. Might have been Warner, but if you put a gun to my head, I think Cullen Bryant #32 scored final TD

Please feel free to confirm points #3, and #4 thanks

The Outfield

Reaction score
November 17, 2013. Percy Harvin took the field. I was fortunate enough to see it in person.

JonRud

Reaction score
The Outfield":26f79wff said:
November 17, 2013. Percy Harvin took the field. I was fortunate enough to see it in person.

Winner!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
First pre-season game last year. The first series Wilson played will stick with me forever. I was preaching to my wife that this kid was going to do great things! After that the KC/Derrick Thomas 7 sack game, then the MNF game against the Packers last year.