Russell Wilson against the blitz

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Heard a great Stat from Mike Sando about Russell Wilson, RW has a passer rating of 114, 11 TD's, 3 int's versus 5 rushers or more. This is really relevant this weekend since the Cardinals blitz about as much as anybody in the league.

I noticed in the game against the Giants that RW and ADB (Angry Doug Baldwin) just missed burning the Giants on a blitz. Doug pulls up and Wilson throws over the defensive back, if Doug would kept running on through the route he may of taken it to the house. Wilson released the ball just as Baldwin start his cut up field but slows and turns about 5 yrds versus running up the sideline. Those are the little things that can be game changers against an aggressive defense.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
He said in his press conference yesterday that he now loves it when teams blitz him because of "all the green grass that's open out there."

His confidence continues to grow, and this should be a scary thought for the rest of the league.

OP
OP
EntiatHawk

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I agree. I heard that on his presser also. It good to see that is backed by the numbers. RW is relentless in preparation which only bodes well for us now and in the future.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Nice thing about Russ's comment on the green grass....it means two things:

his WRs have more room to work

and he has more room to run. If you bring 5 or more and they don't get home, and Russ gets away from them, he has some room to burn teams with his legs.

jblaze

Reaction score
He's a master at identifying blitzes pre-snap and changing the protections which gives him time post-snap to get the ball out to his WR's who adjust their routes most of the time.

He is on the same page with his offense because he's so prepared. I very rarely see them see different things between them all. They do a really good job of that.

chris98251

Reaction score
I also think it's a subtle challange, Blitz me please and I'll make ya pay.

Shock2k

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":13vit0uh said:
He said in his press conference yesterday that he now loves it when teams blitz him because of "all the green grass that's open out there."

His confidence continues to grow, and this should be a scary thought for the rest of the league.

Saw that interview, isn't it crazy how even his smack talk comes of as gentlemanly.