Encountering 12's

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
So I'm at the mall today wearing some Hawk gear. Walking towards me is a guy in a Lynch 24. We both look at each other and smile knowingly. I have encountered this more often lately than in the previous 37 years combined. In fact I'm sure its never been like this before. It made me smile from ear to ear. What a great feeling and time it is to be a Seahawks fan. Merry Christmas and Hawk on!

minormillikin

Reaction score
When I see someone else wearing Seahawks apparel, I give them a short quiz on Seahawks history. Mostly I ask them about obscure players and assistant coaches from the late 80s or early 90s.

If they fail, I openly mock them for being bandwagon fans while forcibly removing their Seahawks clothing.

(writing this from jail, but it was worth it... Though suitcasing this Galaxy Note 2 was damn uncomfortable)

jamsomatic

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3fzggr0u said:
So I'm at the mall today wearing some Hawk gear. Walking towards me is a guy in a Lynch 24. We both look at each other and smile knowingly. In fact I'm sure its never been like this before. It made me smile from ear to ear.

Hope you got his digits, bro, lol.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The more Hawk fans the better!

Merchandise and national coverage leads to a successful franchise, and with higher popularity our fellow Hawk fans have a better shot at watching their team live if they live in other cities. More prime time games is fantastic for a team like ours that wins so much in prime time. NFL officiating suffers from expectancy bias so having some national acclaim will make XL* occurrences less likely.

The sole reason to belittle newer fans is if you are worried about somebody not seeing you as a "real" fan, so if there is less judgement all around then there will be fewer people judging you in turn.

The Radish

Reaction score
Whenever I see someone in Hawks gear I try to at least say, "hey nice shirt, or jacket" I will always try to strike up a conversation and ask if they do anything with their Seahawks online?

I'm loving the many women fans we are gaining. I thought I spotted Seahawks green on a sweet young thing at Macy's recently and when I asked she turned around and showed off a great Seahawks sweater. The best part of the jersey was the body it was covering. So here I got a chance to ogle a sweet young thing without getting bashed by my wife.

:D

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
@Agent Dib. My sentiments exactly. And maybe they can cover more of the Hawks between games by reducing the time spent discussing 'what's wrong with the Cowpies.' Sigh! one can only wish I suppose.

WTF! Tapatalk's not allowing me to quote some of the posts??

muxpux

Reaction score
The Radish":3u86vcke said:
Whenever I see someone in Hawks gear I try to at least say, "hey nice shirt, or jacket" I will always try to strike up a conversation and ask if they do anything with their Seahawks online?

I'm loving the many women fans we are gaining. I thought I spotted Seahawks green on a sweet young thing at Macy's recently and when I asked she turned around and showed off a great Seahawks sweater. The best part of the jersey was the body it was covering. So here I got a chance to ogle a sweet young thing without getting bashed by my wife.

:D

haha, dirty old man!!

ive brought up .NET a few times in conversation with people, especially after meeting and having a good conversation about the hawks.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Went to the Boise Costco before the game last week sporting my Wilson Jersey. The receipt checker guy lifted up his sweatshirt and had on a Hasselbeck Jersey.

duckypoo

Reaction score
Ran into a hawks fan from Calgary yesterday on virgin gorda. Obscure enough?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I went to a bed bath and beyond to look for some stuff. I found a coffee go-cup seahawks..got to the stand and I mentioned the fan I am. He mentioned that he was a fan of a different team...and I asked what team...yup, you guessed it. Ninners. I just smiled as did he and I left. That was the Nampa one near Costco Nampa.

AVL

Reaction score
How many of these people deriding "bandwagon" fans were on board with the selections of either Carroll or Wilson?

Riley12

Reaction score
These days, I definitely don't feel as strange or that I am sticking out like a sore thumb for wearing my usual head-to-toe
Seahawks stuff (literally).

When I went to the airport yesterday, there were at least 5 or 6 people dressed similarly, and TONS of more reserved people
that just had a jersey, shirt and/or hat.

2ndRowSista

Reaction score
I love spying a Hawks jersey and just putting my hand up for a high 5 and a "go Hawks" as I pass by them. Mostly at away games and Vegas since I'm not in a 12 populated area LOL

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I went to the store wearing my RW jersey after the Giants game. 90% of the people said, "Go Hawks!" and then ask if we won. :sarcasm_off:

White Knight

Reaction score
I've encountered several 12s out here in NC, far more than I expected. It's great but takes some getting used to!

45Hawker

Reaction score
About 5-6 years ago, I'm walking down the sidewalk in the business district of New Orleans (I live here). I'm wearing a Seahawk baseball cap. A guy is approaching me wearing a Mack Strong jersey. As we pass by each other, we high-five and continue on our own ways. No words spoken.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Lots of grocery store checkers are sporting Hawks gear in Olympia, especially on Blue Fridays.

Yesterday at Ralph's I saw one in a Hauschka jersey. No foolin'.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2pt8gvcj said:
Lots of grocery store checkers are sporting Hawks gear in Olympia, especially on Blue Fridays.

Yesterday at Ralph's I saw one in a Hauschka jersey. No foolin'.
Hauschka's got family in the Oly area.

Whenever I'm out for my run or whatever and I spot someone in Hawks gear, I give 'em a "Twelve and two!" by way of greeting. Of course the greeting gets updated week by week...

Deep down we all know that big-time sports are kinda dumb and useless, right? Hitching our emotional well-being to the fates of highly paid professional entertainers is just flat out silly, when you think about it. But stuff like we see in this thread -- random high fives, strangers saluting strangers -- is pretty damn cool. It just makes the day a little bit brighter when you make eye contact with a fellow 12 and see that knowing twinkle...