Palmer: They make you feel like the walls are closing in...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You have to believe every team we play feels this way...

"I think the biggest thing is to not feel like the wall's are closing in on you. And that is something (the Seahawks) have done is jump out on teams and all of a sudden you feel like you are down 20 points and the score is only seven to nothing. You gotta fight that feeling..."

- Carson Palmer on the Seahawks

Unlike their coach, Palmer has been very complimentary this week towards the Seahawks. Still, take your Ibuprofen this week my man...

Riley12

Reaction score
Heh. They are going to feel that wall closing in just during the warm-ups tomorrow. I plan to be in full voice by 11 AM, and then crank it
up to '12' about the time kickoff is set to happen.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Carson won't talk trash about Pete or a team Pete coaches. He was floundering at USC until Pete and co. came along.

Polaris

Reaction score
Aros":3l4v0ut1 said:
Unlike their coach, Palmer has been very complimentary this week towards the Seahawks. Still, take your Ibuprofen this week my man...

Two things:

1. Consider that Carson Palmer was Pete's QB at USC and Pete Carroll probably saved Palmer's career from flaming out before it started. (As was already mentioned)

2. Consider that our Seahawks (esp at home) have aquired a bit of mystique, and I think one of the reasons that Arians has approached this as he has is not for our benefit but rather to try to puncture this mystique for the sake of his own team.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I figured Arians was doing just that. Still, it's a tad disrespectful to brush off your opponent no matter the psychological reason behind it. And we all know how our boys like to find the smallest of scraps to feel disrespected by so GOOD JOB COACH!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This is why Palmer is a good QB. He's sending a message to his team, when it seems like the game is tough, don't let yourself feel like the walls are closing in because we're still in this game. And he's doing it while giving a compliment to the opposing team. No board material, no disrespect, just give his guys the right mindset.