Regarding MikeRob, Carp and Kearse (article)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Interesting (to me) thoughts about what these three have done so far this year and what role they may play going into the playoffs.

"Swept Under The Turf: Week 16"
http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-note ... ter-kearse

What's interesting is, Marshawn's 2013 rushing stats show a marginally better performance for the Beast without RealRob clearing the way.

Let's not forget that for the first time in his pro career, James Carpenter is staying on the field, avoiding injury. If his good health a factor too, like, are we finally seeing the "real" JC, whoever that is?

Kearse's targets are not down, though -- they're actually UP since his bell got rung, from 1.9 per game to 3.0. It's the explosive plays(TM) that have briefly stepped away.

bigcc

Reaction score
too many variables with the mike rob stat line to really gather anything from it

what are his ypc with robinson in and with coleman in?

robinson has 112 offensive snaps, yet lynch has 132 rushes, and how many of those pays were pass plays where mikerob was blocking/on a route?

I've seen rob make some great blocks, but with the way the stats are collected they really do mean nothing.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Not bad, not real good either. The bad, he attributes Marshawns stats week 1-7 to Coleman and since then to MkeRob. Completely neglects the fact that those were completely different offensive lines.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
ivotuk":8nf804n2 said:
Not bad, not real good either. The bad, he attributes Marshawns stats week 1-7 to Coleman and since then to MkeRob. Completely neglects the fact that those were completely different offensive lines.

My initial thought when reading the rushing stats was, well... The backups seemed to run block better.