Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Rams @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

I'm about to head to bed but before I do I thought I would get my Fearless Prediction Thread out of the way.

Last Sunday was a shock to us all. There's no candy-coating it. While we knew the Cardinals were a much improved team riding a 6-1 winning streak and one of the better defenses in the NFL AND fighting for their playoff lives, I still would not have thought they had a chance in OUR house. Whoops. I guess that's why they play the games after all.

There's been a lot of gloom and doom over the past 48 hours or so and I admit I contributed to that. This loss stung us all and only the strongest of us kept their resolve and realized right away that this was the clunker of the year and not something that was indicative of the way the rest of the story will be written.

If we've learned ANYTHING about Russell Wilson is that he is a very special young man. His skill is paralleled only by his character. To cheer yourself up, take a look at his record following a loss.

Where the Cardinals came in, playing for their very playoff lives, I do not see the Rams coming in with the same intensity. And even if they were, I would confidently tell you the Seahawks would be ready for them. This is a 7-8 Rams team with a great front 7 that will still get their sacks against Wilson this Sunday. They always, always play the Seahawks tough in our house and I do not expect any difference this Sunday.

But the 2013 Seattle Seahawks are not made of the SOS from the past. This team is special. As in SUPER special. If I had the mafia show up at my door tonight saying they would put a bullet in my head if the Rams beat the Seahawks or give me a million dollars if the Rams lose, I would feel pretty damn confident that I was going to be a millionaire in four days.

The Seahawks don't lose back-to-back home games against division rivals, period.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Rams 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 12-3

davidonmi

Reaction score
To all those who think the sky is falling. Is kellen klemens really going to be the one who beats us when we have everything on the line?
Seahawks 20
Rams 10
13-2

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ok, I refuse to believe last week was more than the perfect storm of bad in some whacked confluence but the Rams do rush the passer....

Seahawks 24
Rams 14

Record YTD: 12-3.:(

Atradees

Reaction score
Our offense is in complete disarray. Passing game is out of touch and out of practice. First game this season that I predict a loss.

In my dedicated Hawks fan opinion; playing around with this terrible offensive line could cost us the Superbowl. Somebody's head needs to roll this off-season. Our defense and our quarterback are amazing.....but with KJ out? I have questions.

Rams 17 Hawks 10.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Atradees":m4pgil7s said:
Our offense is in complete disarray. Passing game is out of touch and out of practice. First game this season that I predict a loss.

In my dedicated Hawks fan opinion; playing around with this terrible offensive line could cost us the Superbowl. Somebody's head needs to roll this off-season. Our defense and our quarterback are amazing.....but with KJ out? I have questions.

Rams 17 Hawks 10.
Question, so we get our head out of our ass and actually score off our 4 interceptions in the first half like normal..say 20 points is reasonable so it would be 23 to whatever and 13-2....you still love that little chicken suit or is it a bit tight in all the wrong places yet?

Atradees

Reaction score
hahah. Touche'. It looks like a BIG IF to me....

I am not a Padres fan but...chicken suit.

L

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
Russell will come out firing STRIKES! And seeing how badass our defence is - it's hard not to think SHUTOUT @home!

Hawks = 24
Rams = 0 ;)

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Rams will play us tough as usual, but we find a way to pull it out at home.

Seahawks 23
Rams 13

Season Record: 9-6

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I have faith in Pete Carroll. I have faith in Russell Wilson. Unfortunately, I have no faith in Darrell Bevell to come up with a competent offensive gameplan against a good defense. The offense will continue to struggle and this time the defense won't be able to bail them out with multiple turnovers.

St. Louis Rams: 23
Seattle Seahawks: 9

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can tell you the Rams game plan right now. Run. Run. Run. If they have to pass, misdirection and if it isn't there, punt. Seriously, they will be playing keep away from the secondary, anyone who sees 9 picks in two weeks would be crazy to make Clemons anything buy an offensive accessory. They will try to get the D moving east and west, then hit Cook or Austin going the other way.

They are going to spy Russell with different guys on different plays. They are going to blitz the middle. They are going to give away the middle of the field just like last time, daring us to use it. Daring Russell to challenge that weak secondary in more ways than deep down the sidelines. The Rams are going to target bootlegs and play actions specifically.

Bevell can't go into the bunker like he did at their house. Russell can't hit quick slants when executing play action. We can't exploit Ogletree's below average coverage skills deep down the sidelines. We can't exploit the average safeties without challenging them down the middle.

Hawks win, 17-16.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Last week hurt, this week will be much better.

Seahawks win 24-13.

RTD: 12-3

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
davidonmi":3of62xhj said:
To all those who think the sky is falling. Is kellen klemens really going to be the one who beats us when we have everything on the line?
Seahawks 20
Rams 10
13-2

Kelly Clemens is no slouch
Merry Christmas

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
First of all I want to wish a Merry Christmas to all my fellow .netters. Aside from football lets remember to enjoy the holidays and spend time with those family and friends who make our life wonderful!

Now that I got that out of the way, I can say those predicting a loss to look at the entire season rather than just one game, yes the Cardinals beat us, yes they could have scored more, yes we had trouble scoring but, I do not believe one game defines the rest of the year nor do I believe that the Seahawks are going to let a Rams team beat them in their house after a very tough loss.

Remember, ever super bowl team has adversity, so I'm not yet fully ready to give up the notion that we will win the super bowl.

I'd be willing to put money on the Seahawks scoring over 30 in this game.

Seahawks 38
Rams 13

#1 Seed and division champs, get the gear ready.

A

Anonymous

We got rather burned in the first game because we didn't have any game footage on Clemens, and he was able to air it out on us a bit. That really opened up their run game, along with our defense forgetting how to tackle that game and the next. They ran all over us that game and will try again this one too, but we will ready. Coupled with how we've had 9 interceptions the last two games they would be stupid to try to throw on us. It's going to be a low scoring game, but we will pull this one off.

15-12 Hawks

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Defense won't get surprised by Stacy this time and will smother their offense, ours will do just enough to win

20-6 Hawks

Axx

Reaction score
its going to be a close one. I expect this to be a defensive struggle.

St. Louis has went 3-0 ATS vs Seattle in the past 3 meetings so they have been able to keep em close.

I predict seattle to win by like 5.

FEERLESS RECORD
13-2 (Predicted colts to win)