Should the NFL fine Jeff Fisher???

irocdave

Reaction score
There was so much crap being talked, hard hits at the end of plays (anyone notice the elbow to Tates head after he was down?) , what appeared to be a concerted effort to knock Tate out of the game in the 1st quarter etc. At some point that crap had to have been discussed during the week before todays game, like it was part of the Rams game plan. That was embarrassing for the NFL and it wouldn't surprise me to see more than just fines for the players involved.

Fisher didn't look all that surprised when the flags were flying one after another after another.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I wondered about this and did anyone notice after the game when Carroll and Fisher met at midfield PC kind of did an abrupt quickie handshake and
then moved on while it looked like Fisher wanted to chat a little more?

Or was it just me?

These games between STL and SEA are definite battles , the TV announcers said as much. It just appeared that the magnitude of the game got the best
of the Rams and they had a melt down.A big one though.

cdallan

Reaction score
He stood and watched from 3 yards away whilst one of his players (who had already been ejected) argued with officials, made various hand gestures, and got another penalty called against him. Passive aggressive douche. It was frankly verging on the bizarre how unresponsive he was whilst all of this played out in front of him - it was like he was shroomed or something and his body wouldn't listen to the signals from his brain.

Polk738

Reaction score
Agreed, I couldn't believe how emotionless Fisher was during the game while all that BS was going on-it is almost like it was expected. That guy isn't the first one to get ejected this year, someone else got ejected when they played the Panthers-I think it was Laurinitis but I could be wrong.

seanoob

Reaction score
That was some dirty play. If I were a Rams fan, I would be ashamed. Even my 8 year son was commenting on how many cheap shots they were taking AFTER the plays were done.

Reaction score
I don't get all this butt hurt over one taunt Wtf? You can taunt in basketball, nascar , baseball, hockey, but turn around and show the ball, and your suddenly a felon?
News flash rams get a secondary , and Tate won't expose you for the trash you are.

amill87

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing. This was embarrassing for the Rams and Fisher had no control over his players. There was what 8 personal fouls called on them? At some point the coach/team has to be responsible for allowing it to continue. I mean contact with a ref (however incidental it may be) than later another player verbally abuses a ref?

I would be willing to bet that Fisher will at least be getting a call from Roger.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not sure if a fine is appropriate or not, but he should at least be called on the carpet. His team was out of control, and there was no evidence that he did anything to get them back under control.

drdiags

Reaction score
What did anyone expect? Tate flat out punked them in St Louis. What do they have to lose by laying folks out and punishing people? The Seahawks players and coaches speak of being physical. Everybody else in the division plays to that same mantra. Fans talk about how the Seahawks bully folks. Well other teams in this division want to let them know they have their brass knuckles as well.

Cannot have it both ways. If you bring pain, expect some in return. Fisher will have to deal with his young team, who make a bunch of silly penalties. Sort of like the young Seahawks team. Why was Kam delivering the blow to a running back that was down and short on 3rd and 1. He had plenty of time to pull up but didn't. It is about delivering a message. Just have to keep your composure when making the statement.

I hate to see Willson getting hurt but I doubt anything will be or should be done to Fisher.

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually he had pulled players involved earlier. Remember also this is the coach that was in Tennessee, Titans had a known aggressive and called dirty many times there also, Albert Haynesworth anyone?

drdiags

Reaction score
chris98251":1eigqy9d said:
Actually he had pulled players involved earlier. Remember also this is the coach that was in Tennessee, Titans had a known aggressive and called dirty many times there also, Albert Haynesworth anyone?

Yep. Was going to mention that Greg Williams was his DC back in Tennessee and he wanted him with the Rams if not for the breaking of Bounty Gate.

Msfann

Reaction score
morgulon1":3d9n8fjp said:
I wondered about this and did anyone notice after the game when Carroll and Fisher met at midfield PC kind of did an abrupt quickie handshake and
then moved on while it looked like Fisher wanted to chat a little more?

Or was it just me?

These games between STL and SEA are definite battles , the TV announcers said as much. It just appeared that the magnitude of the game got the best
of the Rams and they had a melt down.A big one though.

I saw that too, Pete shook his hand then instantly turned and walked away and fisher tried to follow him for a few seconds saying something and Pete kept on walking and didn't even look back at him or anything. It was probably nothing but it looked odd.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
drdiags":25nhkvf2 said:
What did anyone expect? Tate flat out punked them in St Louis. What do they have to lose by laying folks out and punishing people? The Seahawks players and coaches speak of being physical. Everybody else in the division plays to that same mantra. Fans talk about how the Seahawks bully folks. Well other teams in this division want to let them know they have their brass knuckles as well.

Cannot have it both ways. If you bring pain, expect some in return. Fisher will have to deal with his young team, who make a bunch of silly penalties. Sort of like the young Seahawks team. Why was Kam delivering the blow to a running back that was down and short on 3rd and 1. He had plenty of time to pull up but didn't. It is about delivering a message. Just have to keep your composure when making the statement.

I hate to see Willson getting hurt but I doubt anything will be or should be done to Fisher.
What do I expect? I expect professionalism from so-called professionals, that's what. Play hard, take legit shots. But cut the after-the-play crap. And sure as hell don't *coach* your players to take endless, endless cheapos, which is something Fisher's teams seem to always do. It's pretty obvious they were trying to injure Tate, and for the most part, the referees allowed them to do it.

I don't really see how a fine is going to factor in, but that crap's got to stop. It's stupid and useless and makes the game/product crappier. Like I said in a couple threads now, if the refs would have called just a couple appropriate 15s on the Rams early (y'know, like the one you mentioned against Kam) it never would have gotten to the point that it did.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Polk738":ih31x8a5 said:
Agreed, I couldn't believe how emotionless Fisher was during the game while all that BS was going on-it is almost like it was expected. That guy isn't the first one to get ejected this year, someone else got ejected when they played the Panthers-I think it was Laurinitis but I could be wrong.

This entire game was like a nightmare shadow of the Panther game, which was horrible.

As soon as I realized this, I said outloud: what? we are doing that Panther game thing again?

so mad.