a Tribute to lockette!

OP
OP
Exittium

Exittium

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cxoelew said:
That hit alone made bringing him back worth it.

That hit reminded me.. actually that whole game reminded me truly how fast he can be.. I cringe thinking how that would have gone if he didn't "glance" him

The Delf

Reaction score
1. An animated high res .GIF pic would be cool. :)

2. He's lucky that it was just Lockette and not Lynch. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
if he had hit him a half a second later the receiver would have been starting a forward move and it would have been a devastating collision, Lockette hit him as he was still receiving and his squat took him down with the help of Lockettes hit.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Here is a gif someone posted in another thread that kind of gives you a better appreciation for his speed.

RmiWPuw

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Every time I see that it reminds me of one of those race games where you drive across the turbo strip and ish gets all blurry. FAST!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Word of the day: nanosecond. The time between the moment Veltung catches the ball and the moment of the Lockett-Veltung car crash. So close it is sometimes difficult to believe the ball actually landed in Veltung's arms before the hit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Great hit, was just waiting for the flag, and if you watch the play, the zebra was reaching for it and thank gawd he thought better of it.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Why no mention of Lockette lighting up the returner on the Rams FG drive? That may have been a big return, but Lockette's hit was a thing of beauty.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":dcz4kui7 said:
Why no mention of Lockette lighting up the returner on the Rams FG drive? That may have been a big return, but Lockette's hit was a thing of beauty.
Good point.

chris98251

Reaction score
He hung on to it only due to his legs collapsing making the catch as a cushion and the hit by Lockette pushing him down and back , if he would have been a half a second later with the momentum going upward it would have been a much harder hit on the return man and a violent collision.

TwilightError

Reaction score
That was the play of the day! It sure made me laugh for a while.. Great timing.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
That was by far the coolest thing from yesterday, of course other than winning the division and hfa. Go hawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
OWNED! Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of punks. They got knocked around, and bullied, and couldn't handle it.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If you needed to be reminded of Lockettes speed look no further. He was actually blocked into Veltung otherwise the Zebra would have hung a hankie on him for certain! Colossal hit! Even, dare I say, Chancellor-esque? Now to get his route running dialed in. We need all the receivers we can get!

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have been pretty disappointed by Lockette in his return so far, but yesterday, he showed that he can and has improved in areas. I still don't see him as ever becoming an all-pro type of receiver, but hits like he made Sunday have and will earn him respect