Saints or Eagles -- Who Do You Want on Jan. 11?

Who Do You Want the Seahawks to Face on Jan. 11th?

• Saints

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Eagles

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
With the Eagles finally finishing off the Cowboys tonight, the playoff seedings are finally set. The Seahawks as the #1 Seed play the winner of the #3 Seed (Eagles) and #6 Seed (Saints) Wild Card Game this next weekend.

So, given your druthers, WHO would you want to face in that 2nd Round Divisional Game at Century Link on Jan. 11th ... and WHY?

As for me, though there's a piece of me that's a bit nervous about the prospect of seeing these guys again, I'd like another crack at the Saints. Starting with their loss to the Hawks on December 2nd, the Saints lost 3 of their final 5 games. In the regular season, they allowed an average of 4.6 Yards/Rush (tied for 27th in that category) and an average of 114.1 Rushing Yards/Game (19th). It sure seems like Carroll and the rest of the Seattle coaching staff have got the blueprint on how to attack both the Saints offense and defense.

That's me though. Who do you guys want to square off against ... and why?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honest to God, hand to heart, there's not a single NFC team I fear in our house in January. Not. One.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Aros":21deicru said:
Honest to God, hand to heart, there's not a single NFC team I fear in our house in January. Not. One.

I'm with you bro -- we're on the same wavelength there. But for me, I'm looking for the easiest path to the Met Life Stadium. Enough of these nailbiters -- I want a whooping. So, who would you want to see?

sutz

Reaction score
Actually, it's not that cut and dried. We will play the lowest remaining seed after next Sunday. If Philly (#3) wins, we'd play the winner of the #4-#5 game, which puts GB and SF in play, too. Remember, record means nothing, seeding means all.

The teams we won't face are GB or Carolina.

My druthers? Probably the Saints.

But I'm with Todd. Since we had our token loss at home already, I fear no one. :)

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Read underneath the brackets:

*The highest-seeded team in each division is guaranteed to play the lowest-seeded advancing team from the wild card round.

ak3000

Reaction score
I miss the days of wondering if Bob Spitulski and Orlando Watters would be on our team next year. Now I have to wonder how we can face the 3rd seed team as the 1st seed in the Div round. Mind blown.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
sutz":1plnnl7b said:
Actually, it's not that cut and dried. We will play the lowest remaining seed after next Sunday. If Philly (#3) wins, we'd play the winner of the #4-#5 game, which puts GB and SF in play, too. Remember, record means nothing, seeding means all.

The teams we won't face are GB or Carolina.

My druthers? Probably the Saints.

But I'm with Todd. Since we had our token loss at home already, I fear no one. :)

Please get your shit together!!!!

The Packers are a higher seed than Philly.

Your information is INCORTECT!!!!

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As I wrote, please disregard this thread. I misread the bracket seedings. The Eagles are the one team Seattle can't face. My bad.

Request for the moderators -- can you guys go ahead and delete this thread?