Did success get to RW

Renohawk

Reaction score
I never seen this discussed, if so, sorry. During the past three games, prior to yesterday, RW had struggled. It started with the SF game and prior to that, there was some talk of RW as MVP. During an interview, he mentioned it's nice to be hearing that about your performance. I wonder of some of that got to him

seabowl

Reaction score
No the opposing defenses have, WR's hurt, and the curse of "the Bevell". He was reviewing tape of the loss to the Cards at 4am. Pretty sure he "gets it" and is level headed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fair enough question, but I think its more about how strong the 9ers, Cards and Rams defenses are. Remember, these teams have been figuring out ways to stop Wilson since last year. Sooner than later they are going to figure something out.

I think the pressure of the defenses on top of some unfortunate penalties, drops, etc. have all contributed to a less than efficient offense.

el capitan

Reaction score
No, I think it's more likely that he's starting to show the first signs of David Carr's syndrome.

hawker84

Reaction score
In all the interviews, press conferences, etc... i've seen nothing to lead me to believe he started to believe in the hype, he believes in himself and that's evident, but i seriously doubt success has gotten to his head. I think it's the fact that we've just played 3 of the top defenses in the LEAGUE, not just the NFC, with a mediocre line and a banged up and inconsistant recieving corps.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He's the most humble football/down to earth football player I have seen. What would EVER give you that idea? Have you listened to his interviews, seen what he does with his free time, or heard about his work ethic?

lobohawk

Reaction score
Those three teams have the ability to pressure with only four and leave LBs to spy and cover the short/flat passes. If they have decent to good coverage people (especially AZ), then you cause problems with this offense. One that likes to go deep a lot.

dunceface

Reaction score
this is a ridiculous question.
Russell isn't programmed like that

AVL

Reaction score
Since his mission has not yet been accomplished I doubt RW considers himself successful.

Feel free to doubt him. I'm sure it will help.

el capitan

Reaction score
The only thing wrong with Russell Wilson is that he can only play one position at a time.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Well, to be a poster who's not just dismissive, it's more likely that Russell's tried to do to much in order to fire up a sputtering offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think he's doing what a lot of leaders do, sometimes too much, trying to extend plays too long being an example, many people got on Hass for this same thing, the live for another play mentality has yet to set in.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Ridiculous to think it got to his head. He's played some tough defenses and had some bad luck with overturned TD's that hurt his stats. He is fine and finished the year with a passer rating over 100. People are overthinking this...

Digsbone

Reaction score
Wilson to me seems to be a stand up guy who loves to win and not to lose, he always has his eye on the prize. I'm sure in the back of his mind he knows he will get his payday but, I don't think money and fame will ever get the best of him.

Go Hawks!

Basis4day

Reaction score
He is still a second year player and was yet to have a truly awful game prior to two weeks ago.

It's not regression, it's ebb and flow.

You can't keep let Russell sit in the pocket or force him outside. He'll burn you that way.

What seems to be happening to my eye (playing against teams with great d lines). Is that teams are bringing enough pressure up the middle to force Wilson outside, but also cutting off his typical escape routes on the outside. Wilson needs to adapt to this, and it may take a few games.

The truly great QB's are able to adapt over time to different defensive strategies.

morgulon1

Reaction score
lobohawk":1lcikwjx said:
Those three teams have the ability to pressure with only four and leave LBs to spy and cover the short/flat passes. If they have decent to good coverage people (especially AZ), then you cause problems with this offense. One that likes to go deep a lot.

Yes it had everything to do with facing Arizons, Santa Clara and STL defense