NFC Playoff Predictions

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's my predictions for wildcard through to the Superbowl.

Wilcard -
NO will beat Philly. NO defense is #4 in the NFL (quite underrated and they have a prolific offense). Eagles are playing well but their roll stops here. NO also has played great the past two weeks. Almost beat the Panthers in Carolina. NO wins.

SF vs GB- SF is the hottest team in the NFL right now. Everything is clicking for them. SF wins.

Divisional -

SEA vs NO - Closer game than last time but the home team will still win. SEA wins.

SF vs. CAR - SF will win

NFC Championship
SEA vs. SF - SEA is undefeated against the Kaepernick led 49ers at home. The streak continues. SEA wins.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
I don't see how San Fran goes into Carolina and wins. They could not beat them at home. It's close, Cam wins it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I don't know if krapernick can win back to back road playoff games. I'm thinking carolina comes here for the NFC championship.

Axx

Reaction score
i seriously doubt the 49ers can travel to Carolina and beat them. We all have seen what elite defenses on the Road do to him.

i know you really want a 3rd match vs the niners, but you got to show the Panthers some respect.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
SF defense isn't playing very well. I'm not even sure they will beat GB let alone Carolina. With the Packers seriously let Kaperdink run and pass all over them for a third time? I don't see it.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Axx":3kngiha5 said:
i seriously doubt the 49ers can travel to Carolina and beat them. We all have seen what elite defenses on the Road do to him.

i know you really want a 3rd match vs the niners, but you got to show the Panthers some respect.

I really don't care who plays Seattle. I just think the 49ers are playing better than the Panthers at this point. The Panthers barely beat the Saints at home and then almost lost to a depleted Falcon team yesterday. They had something to play for and the Falcons didn't. Yet the Falcons should have beaten them. Panthers are a very good team. I just think the 49ers are better. Of course, the Seahawks are the best.

HoRneR

Reaction score
BBQHawk":2zupw17n said:
I don't see how San Fran goes into Carolina and wins. They could not beat them at home. It's close, Cam wins it.

Vernon was hurt in the first quarter of that game and we didn't have Crabtree can you really not see a way the 49ers win that game?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nice prognostication there but I have to agree with everyone else on Carolina, their defense is better than SF's defense and the Panthers will have that confidence factor whereas SF won't.

New Orleans beating Philly is a good call, the Eagles almost lost to Kyle Orton last night. I don't see them slowing down Drew Brees.

The Packer defense hasn't been very good but it still might be good enough if Rodgers lights it up. I don't quite see it though, I think they will sack Aaron quite a bit.

nsport

Reaction score
SF stands a pretty good chance of beating GB. The key matchup is their front 7 against the GB OL. GB has found a running attack which gives them a chance - and of course, Rodgers and his receiving corps - which will put a lot of pressure on the back 4 and coverage LB's. I agree that SF does not really match up well with Carolina. I see them winning quite easily actually. But, if SF wins and PHI wins, we see SF in the divisional round. Tough game which will be very hard to call, but I would take the Hawks based on previous performances against SF.

My predicted NFC outcomes:

NFC Wildcard Round Winners: Philadelphia & San Francisco
NFC Divisional Round: Seattle & Carolina
NFC Championship: Seattle

ivotuk

Reaction score
Colin Cowherd said the 49ers will win the Superbowl which pretty much ruins their chances. He has been horrible this year in predicting games.

lukerguy

Reaction score
BBQHawk":bi3ll3fn said:
They were also banged up at that time. They have a healthy team, especially with Crabtree, Davis, Boldin as well as Smith Smith on the Dline.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":331yl5fj said:
Colin Cowherd said the 49ers will win the Superbowl which pretty much ruins their chances. He has been horrible this year in predicting games.

I heard that when I first got in the car this morning. Even his logic was ridiculous. I'm guessing you heard it, but for those who didn't, he said he picked the Niners over the Broncos in the SuperBowl because the Niners only loses in the last 13 games (Taking note that he didn't go back far enough to count the ass whooping in Seattle) were by one score or less and that was in the toughest division in the NFL. He was so hyped about how hard it is to have a season like that and that to have a blowout loss or two is natural, yet totally ignored our 3 losses by a total of 15 points and no game more than 7 points over the entire season, playing pretty much the same schedule as the Niners played (swapping chicago for green bay and washington for the giants which to me is pretty equal). Anyway, just sounded like more blow-hardedness from Cowherd, so nothing new there

nsport

Reaction score
If they make it, they will deserve it. Road games in the playoffs are difficult!

rightbench

Reaction score
Carolina will not win a playoff game IF Steve Smith does NOT play. Book it. Their offense looked terrible yesterday. A competent team would have kept them from anything other than Cam running.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks over Eagles in NFC Championship.

Seahawks over Packers in NFC Divisional
Eagles over Panthers in NFC Divisional

Packers over 49ers in NFC Wild Card
Eagles over Saints in NFC Wild Card

BBQHawk

Reaction score
HoRneR":3abtyjp2 said:
BBQHawk":3abtyjp2 said:

Vernon was hurt in the first quarter of that game and we didn't have Crabtree can you really not see a way the 49ers win that game?

Doesn't Vernon Davis get hurt in most games?

BBQHawk

Reaction score
rightbench":2y3dqj57 said:
Carolina will not win a playoff game IF Steve Smith does NOT play. Book it. Their offense looked terrible yesterday. A competent team would have kept them from anything other than Cam running.

I think Carolina looked just like San Fran against Atlanta. Playoff football baby....nothing like regular season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HoRneR":1e8f355r said:
BBQHawk":1e8f355r said:

I can't see a way you guys beat Carolina when you'll be bounced from the playoffs on Sunday. :stirthepot:

kjreid

Reaction score
I think Home team wins throughout the playoffs on both sides of the bracket.

Seeker

Reaction score
SF will SLAUGHTER GB. Slaughter.
they are a team that has matched up really well with the pack the last two years and CK just puts them over the top.
Hats off to the pack and all for pulling off the hail mary but that was against the worst defense in the NFL.
that defense just isn't built to handle mobile qb's and this is WITH clay Matthews (who is still out due to that thumb).
This will be close for like 2 quarters than slide into a 24 - 14 drubbing.

NO will have a shootout with Philly but ultimately come out on top. This is gonna be like the Arizona vs GB game from 2008. we are talking video game numbers.
54 - 42.