NFL Officially Announces 2014 Opponents

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Home: Arizona, San Francisco, St. Louis, Dallas, NY Giants, Green Bay, Denver, Oakland

Away: Arizona, San Francisco, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Kansas City, San Diego

The Outfield

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":1ywdy423 said:
Greeeeeat...we have to go to that sorry excuse of a field in DC again. The field scares me more than the team does.

Frick. Well, on the bright side, at least Denver is coming here.

KK84

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Romo on his back all game and Dez crying on the sideline in Seattle.

McGruff

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":2fbex5qq said:
Greeeeeat...we have to go to that sorry excuse of a field in DC again. The field scares me more than the team does.

Didn't they redo that field?

A lot can change in a year, but we play three games against playoff teams at home, and 5 on the road . . . We play eight games against playoff teams out of 16 games . . . That seems like a lot to me.

McGruff

Reaction score
Of course, the toughest competition still looks to come from our own division, but two significant questions face our NFC west rivals this offseason .. .

1. Can Carson Palmer play at a high level for another year?

2. When does age begin to take its toll on that Niners defense?

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":mdodsa11 said:
It's that @ Carolina 3 years a row?
Thats what I thought. I guess there's a rule that we have to play there until they beat us.

edit... unleesssss. NFC 1 vs NFC 2 for NFCC

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":285v4bxv said:
FortWorthSeahawk":285v4bxv said:

A lot can change in a year, but we play three games against playoff teams at home, and 5 on the road . . . We play eight games against playoff teams out of 16 games . . . That seems like a lot to me.

Technically they "redo" the field every year at Fed-Ex. I know there was talk of a complete re-haul of the surface, but I don't know if that was actually done or not.

Will I

Reaction score
McGruff":3g3tla5z said:
FortWorthSeahawk":3g3tla5z said:

That's because we play 2 other Division winners based on us winning the West. Adds 2 playoff teams that may not be there for #2-4 in the division

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":20kxalhd said:
It's that @ Carolina 3 years a row?
Yes. Basically the schedule is based on the prior year's divisional finish concerning the two free standing games conference wise each team has. Hence we get Carolina and Green Bay while San Francisco gets New Orleans and Chicago for example.