Top 10 Seahawks of all time

Donk70

Reaction score
I'm watching the NFL Network right now and there is a Top 10 Packers of all time and this gets me thinking "Why don't I put a topic up online and and see what every 12 thinks is the greatest Seahawks of all time. This is just players only, so coaches and broadcasters aren't eligible.

10. Steve Hutchinson
9. Dave Kreig
8. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Jacob Green
6. Shaun Alexander
5. Kenny Easly
4. Curt Warner
3. Cortez Kennedy
2. Steve Largent
1. Walter Jones

Those are my 10 and it's just an aopinion. Not saying that my list is definite, but that's the way I see it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Walter Jones
Steve Largent
Cortez Kennedy
Kenny Easly
Jacob Green
Jim Zorn
Curt Warner
John L Williams
Richard Sherman
Russell Wilson

McGruff

Reaction score
Not looking at any list, just off the top of my head . . .

Walter jones
Cortez Kennedy
Steve Largent
Kenny Easley
John L. Williams
Eugene Robinson
Curt Warner
Jacob Green
Earl Thomas
Steve Hutchinson

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I couldn't put Hutch on any top 10 Seahawks list. A top 10 doesn't have a poison pill in their contract to go to another team then taunt the city he left by adding that fact to their twitter handle.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
No particular order:

Walter Jones
Matt Hasselbeck
Kenny Easley
Steve Largent
Cortez Kennedy
Jacob Green
Dave Brown
Shaun Alexander
Curt Warner
Eugene Robinson

Soon to enter the conversation: Earl Thomas, Russell Wilson

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Spiderdan":1cqcbkt4 said:
I couldn't put Hutch on any top 10 Seahawks list. A top 10 doesn't have a poison pill in their contract to go to another team then taunt the city he left by adding that fact to their twitter handle.

When a top notch player leaves a team the way the Hutch left Seattle....he loses my respect and henceforth is forever written off as Seahawk!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
My Seahawks Era (it's a short era):

Shaun Alexander
Chad Brown
Cortez Kennedy
Michael Sinclair
Ricky Waters
Darrell Jackson
Matt Hasselbeck
Walter Jones
Earl Thomas*
Richard Sherman*

Axx

Reaction score
there is going to be quiet a bit of "top 10 off all time seahawks" from this current era.
I wouldn't even be surprised if Byron makes it lol? Dude is just playing out of his mind right now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Axx":4ezxtn3a said:
there is going to be quiet a bit of "top 10 off all time seahawks" from this current era.
I wouldn't even be surprised if Byron makes it lol? Dude is just playing out of his mind right now.

Yeah but the current Hawks always seem like they will be Top 10s.

Back in 2005–2007, Lofa Tatupu would have been on everyone's Top 10 list, yet now he isn't on a single one.

Same with Mack Strong, Marcus Trufant, etc....

el capitan

Reaction score
If this team keeps ballin' like they have since the Chicago road game last season then eventually lists like these will be dominated by PC's Seahawks, but as of right now I think it's

Walter Jones
Steve Largent
Cortez Kennedy
Kenny Easley
Matt Hasselbeck
John L Williams
Shaun Alexander
Dave Krieg
Mack Strong
Curt Warner

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1yhaf5aw said:
Spiderdan":1yhaf5aw said:

When a top notch player leaves a team the way the Hutch left Seattle....he loses my respect and henceforth is forever written off as Seahawk!

Not to mention he was a guard... Just don't see that position in any franchises top 10

For me:

Largent
Easley
Warner
Kennedy
Jones
Kreig
Alexander
Williams
Brown
Green

Next 5

Robinson
Sherman
Lynch
Galloway
Thomas

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Walter Jones
Steve Largent
Cortez Kennedy
Kenny Easley
Dave Brown
Eugene Robinson
John L. Williams
Brian Blades
Dave Krieg
Curt Warner

I refuse to put Shaun Alexander on this list. Although I think he was a good back, he was a product of his offensive line. I feel the same way about Emmitt Smith.

cover-2

Reaction score
Looking 20 years into the future...In 2034 my all-time top-10 Seahawks list will be,

1. (QB) Russell Wilson: Wilson leads his teams to 6 Super Bowl wins. He also wins the NFL MVP award 5 times.
2. (LT) Walter Jones: Jones is still considered one of the best LT to ever play the game.
3. (CB) Richard Sherman: By the end of his career he breaks the record for the most career interceptions. After retiring from the NFL Sherman goes on to host the ESPN morning radio broadcast "The Richard and Mike Show".
4. (FS) Earl Thomas: By 2034 the young NFL players don't know former great safeties like Ronnie Lott or Ed Reed, every young DB wants to be the next Earl Thomas.
5. (OG) Michael Bowie: Bowie after a decent showing as a rookie swing lineman finds a home as the Seahawks RG. Bowie ends up with 9 trips to the Pro Bowl during his career in Seattle.
6. (WR) Kelvin Benjamin: KB is drafted by the Seahawks in the 1st round of the 2014 draft and is considered a steal by the end of his rookie season. KB is the best WR to ever put on a Seahawks uniform, he goes on to 7 Pro Bowls and 2 Super Bowl MVP's. Wilson-to-Benjamin becomes a staple of the Seahawks offense for 10+ years.
7. (DT) Cortez Kennedy: HOF and one of the most disruptive defensive lineman of his time.
8. (OLB) Shaq Thompson: Seahawks draft Thompson in the 1st round of the 2016 draft. Thompson is widely considered the best weak side LB in the NFL due to coverage skills and his ability to pressure the QB when asked to blitz. 7 trips to the Pro Bowl. In 2019 he has 11 sacks, 10 interceptions (3 returned for a TD), 8 forced fumbles, 15 tackles for loss, and 144 total tackles; and that year he is awarded NFL MVP, he is the first defensive player to win the NFL MVP since 1986.
9. (TE) Luke Wilson: Luke Wilson or "Luke the Nuke" breaks the Seahawks record for most consecutive games played without an injury. Wilson is a matchup nightmare, he is either outrunning LB's or running over DB's. He goes on to become one of the best TE's of his time.
10. Head Coach Pete Carroll: Winner of 6 Super Bowls and he becomes as synonymous with Seattle as the Space Needle. In retirement Carroll buys a condo in downtown Seattle and can usually be found at Pike Place Market.

ATL_FALCON

Reaction score
Why didn't Chris Warren make anyone's list? With the Few Seahawks games I saw from a long time ago I thought he was awesome!

dopeboy206

Reaction score
1. Rick Mirer
2. Chris McIntosh
3. Sean Locklear
4. Rob Sims
5. Lamar King
6. Stan Gelbaugh
7. Kelly Stouffer
8. Dan McGwire
9. Kelly Jennings
10. Tommy Kane

Shane Falco

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2pg8z8je said:
No particular order:

Walter Jones
Matt Hasselbeck
Kenny Easley
Steve Largent
Cortez Kennedy
Jacob Green
Dave Brown
Shaun Alexander
Curt Warner
Eugene Robinson

Soon to enter the conversation: Earl Thomas, Russell Wilson

Logical looking list - just wondering why you wouldn't put Sherm in your 'soon to be's' ?

My list, exluding present players and in no particular order:

Cortez Kennedy
Walter Jones
Steve Largent
Kenny Easley
Jacob Green
Shaun Alexander
Curt Warner
Dave Brown
Joe Nash
Eugene Robinson

How about top ten Seahawks in order on the current roster? This guy did it -
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... 10-players

The Radish

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1si9m6gt said:
Axx":1si9m6gt said:

Yeah but the current Hawks always seem like they will be Top 10s.

Back in 2005–2007, Lofa Tatupu would have been on everyone's Top 10 list, yet now he isn't on a single one.

Same with Mack Strong, Marcus Trufant, etc....

Actually Mack Strong just did good because he was here so long. He only became the player we know and love in the last very few years.

Marcus Trufant close to my favorite Seahawk ever put in what 10 years here and did a pretty good job with some spectacular parts in there. And of course for a outside DB made some mistakes. In my opinion the best tackler in the history of the Seahawks. If he got a hand on them he tackled them, none of this undercut crap for him. And how many rookies ever started under Holmgren?

But he will not be mentioned much. And as was said above many of the current players will be mostly forgotten in 5-7 years.

Look at Dave Brown, one of the leagues best kick/punt returners alone and few here even know who the hell he is.

:les:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
1. Walter Jones
2. Steve Largent
3. Cortez Kennedy
4. Kenny Easley
5. Jacob Green
6. Eugene Robinson
7. Dave Brown
8. Curt Warner
9. John L. Williams
10. Matt Hasselbeck

Soon to be: Owen (y'all just don't know) Schmitt

nsport

Reaction score
cover-2":fohiig0z said:
Looking 20 years into the future...In 2034 my all-time top-10 Seahawks list will be,

1. (QB) Russell Wilson: Wilson leads his teams to 6 Super Bowl wins. He also wins the NFL MVP award 5 times.
2. (LT) Walter Jones: Jones is still considered one of the best LT to ever play the game.
3. (CB) Richard Sherman: By the end of his career he breaks the record for the most career interceptions. After retiring from the NFL Sherman goes on to host the ESPN morning radio broadcast "The Richard and Mike Show".
4. (FS) Earl Thomas: By 2034 the young NFL players don't know former great safeties like Ronnie Lott or Ed Reed, every young DB wants to be the next Earl Thomas.
5. (OG) Michael Bowie: Bowie after a decent showing as a rookie swing lineman finds a home as the Seahawks RG. Bowie ends up with 9 trips to the Pro Bowl during his career in Seattle.
6. (WR) Kelvin Benjamin: KB is drafted by the Seahawks in the 1st round of the 2014 draft and is considered a steal by the end of his rookie season. KB is the best WR to ever put on a Seahawks uniform, he goes on to 7 Pro Bowls and 2 Super Bowl MVP's. Wilson-to-Benjamin becomes a staple of the Seahawks offense for 10+ years.
7. (DT) Cortez Kennedy: HOF and one of the most disruptive defensive lineman of his time.
8. (OLB) Shaq Thompson: Seahawks draft Thompson in the 1st round of the 2016 draft. Thompson is widely considered the best weak side LB in the NFL due to coverage skills and his ability to pressure the QB when asked to blitz. 7 trips to the Pro Bowl. In 2019 he has 11 sacks, 10 interceptions (3 returned for a TD), 8 forced fumbles, 15 tackles for loss, and 144 total tackles; and that year he is awarded NFL MVP, he is the first defensive player to win the NFL MVP since 1986.
9. (TE) Luke Wilson: Luke Wilson or "Luke the Nuke" breaks the Seahawks record for most consecutive games played without an injury. Wilson is a matchup nightmare, he is either outrunning LB's or running over DB's. He goes on to become one of the best TE's of his time.
10. Head Coach Pete Carroll: Winner of 6 Super Bowls and he becomes as synonymous with Seattle as the Space Needle. In retirement Carroll buys a condo in downtown Seattle and can usually be found at Pike Place Market.

Congratulations, you have won the interwebs.