YahooSports Says Seattle is in the SuperBowl; wins 3 times

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Yahoo Sports Shutdown Corner Playoff Picks

Frank Schwab has Seattle beating San Francisco, Carolina and then Cincinnati in the Superbowl.

Jay Busbee has Seattle beating New Orlean, San Francisco and then New England in the Superbowl.

Eric Holden has Seattle beating Green Bay, Philadelphia and then Denver in the Superbowl.

Anwar Richardson has Seattle beating Green Bay, Philadelphia and then losing to Denver in the Superbowl.

I like Jay Busbee's picks:

Busbee picks 2

Vetamur

Reaction score
Dont know how that guy has the Bengals in the Super Bowl. But Id take any of the first three scenarios!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still gotta' play the games, anything can happen. But it will be Denver or New England playing the Hawks.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Vetamur":2qd5tn6w said:
Dont know how that guy has the Bengals in the Super Bowl. But Id take any of the first three scenarios!

If Dalton Plays like he did in weeks 6-8, it could happen. Those 3 games he threw for over 1000 yards, had 11 TD and only 2 INT.

Largent80

Reaction score
Manning is almost Romo when in the playoffs. I think it will be N.E. vs. Seattle and we ALL know how that will turn out.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Vetamur":428wln7f said:
It's quite likely actually. As the above poster said, Manning is like Romo in the playoffs. Brady lost Gronk and they really stumbled without him earlier. Pats just don't seem like a true contender banged up like they are. Bengals have been pretty dang good on defense and defense wins championships. So I could see it. It all depends on Dalton, who's inconsistent, but a hot hand at the right time and yeah, Bengals are actually a tough team to beat.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Peyton Manning is Romo in the playoffs? Uh. Yeah. Unless you count, you know, his Super Bowl MVP.

We draw exactly the opposite conclusion on the Pats..theyve been doing it all year without essentially nobodies at WR and without Gronk for all but a handful of games. And they STILL got a first round bye.

I may be too quick to discount the Bengals..but I just dont see them as the likely AFC rep in the Super Bowl. I think its the Pats or Broncos.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't believe someone would actually compare Romo and Manning. His D let him down quite a few times in the playoffs. Romo has ONE playoff win in his entire career. Yeah, they are so alike. Ugh

Vetamur

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jktb8o7 said:
I can't believe someone would actually compare Romo and Manning. His D let him down quite a few times in the playoffs. Romo has ONE playoff win in his entire career. Yeah, they are so alike. Ugh

shh! dont destroy the narrative!

( Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs in his entire career. Manning is 9-9, including 1-1 in the Super Bowl..holds the record for 300 yard games in the playoffs and owns a Super Bowl MVP..but , yeah, thats the same as Romo..)

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":157aksj0 said:

Manning is only 9-11 in the playoffs. That includes 8, 1 and done's, the most of any QB all time.

Largent80

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":i3pkt393 said:
SoulfishHawk":i3pkt393 said:

Manning is only 9-11 in the playoffs. That includes 8, 1 and done's, the most of any QB all time.

This, and did everyone forget his pick in last years playoff game that sealed the deal?

His "D" let him down?...please...if he is so great he would will his team to win. He had only one SB in his entire career. Hell if he has to scramble or isn't able to sit in the pocket then he is very one dimensional. Can he throw the ball well?....yeah that isn't debatable, but he has Romoed quite a few times in the playoffs. And nobody is comparing him to Romo.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Vetamur":224492np said:
Bengals are the only team in the AFC remaining with a legit defense. They also have a decent QB and a running game for sure. I wouldn't count them out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lukerguy":1k4vo85d said:
Vetamur":1k4vo85d said:
Bengals are the only team in the AFC remaining with a legit defense. They also have a decent QB and a running game for sure. I wouldn't count them out.

True, but the Bengals have choked like dogs in the playoffs since 1990, especially Dalton. So to favor them over HOF QB's like Peyton and Brady? No way.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1prz4gsj said:
lukerguy":1prz4gsj said:
Vetamur":1prz4gsj said:

True, but the Bengals have choked like dogs in the playoffs since 1990, especially Dalton. So to favor them over HOF QB's like Peyton and Brady? No way.

This is true, but I still think he bounces back and has a good post-season. Playing at home the first game should help.

otter

Reaction score
The NFCCG of SF v SEA, that will be the game of the playoffs. That game will be awesome if it does happen. I really want that match-up to happen. That way the 49ers fans can spend the off-season crying about how the Seahawks ruined their Superb Owl hopes. Yes, I love 49ers tears, they taste like victory.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
looking at that list I think anyone of those teams but the eagles could beat seattle and be in the superbowl. Ive fully prepared myself for letdown. I dont think this is the year

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Here's how you can pick Andy Dalton per Bill Simmons

In the last eight postseasons, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are 19-16 combined, with two Super Bowl titles.

In the last eight postseasons, Mark Sanchez, Eli Manning, and Joe Flacco are 21-9 combined, with three Super Bowl titles.