Why a blowout would be bad

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We win, and have the NFC division game next week, can't be riding "too" high into that game. FEELING GOOD, not OVER CONFIDENT.

This is ONLY the "first" playoff game, good to be aware, cautiously confident. But that's all. GET THE JOB DONE.

Not a good plan to spank the Saints tomorrow. Just win and that's all!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no. Spankings are good.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Aros":pwz4lrgk said:
No, no, no, no, no. Spankings are good.

yes...yes... but ... IN FOOTBALL... I'm talking FOOTBALL "games"
it 'can' be bad. That's all

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
tom sawyer":sozmtozy said:
We win, and have the NFC division game next week, can't be riding "too" high into that game. FEELING GOOD, not OVER CONFIDENT.

This is ONLY the "first" playoff game, good to be aware, cautiously confident. But that's all. GET THE JOB DONE.

Naw, just blow em out. Show the NFL who the alpha dog is, and let em stew in it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Only in Seattle is there such thing as a bad win or winning by too much.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This week will have no bearing on next week should we get there. Win by 1 or 40.. it doesn't matter

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
spankings are for kids... I say whip their ass right on the front porch with their mom watching. Then let whoever is coming to play for NFC championship game let that mess with their minds.

actually I just want a good game, but I always wanted to say that part about the front porch

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
There is never ever anything wrong with a good beat down.

Who knows. Maybe we go on a three game offensive run like last season, member? 58, 50, and 42.

Axx

Reaction score
i agree, i would rather lose in a close game than win by a blowout

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Trust me....Pete will not allow his team to embarrass the Saints. We may be playing "second stringers" in the 4th quarter.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Remember 2012: 42-13 vs. SF happened right after consecutive blowouts over AZ and BUF.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1jxy1w7s said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Zorn76

Reaction score
tom sawyer":33u0gmxd said:

If it happens, it happens, but it wouldn't at all be a bad thing.
Look, we are going to be FIRED UP if (more likely, when) we play in the conference championship game, especially if it's SF comin' to town (though I think Carolina wins).

12HawkFan

Reaction score
50 Burger, 50 Burger, 50 Burger!

Saturday is the beginning of the demolition of the rest of the NFL, full throttle all the way.

GO HAWKS!!!

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Too many of these nutty negative posts. Really if the hawks are playing in the championship game there will be no let downs. Seattle would not have lost any games this year if it was not for 85 plus yards of penalties in each of those games.

Only thing the hawks have to fear is being screwed over by the zebras. Reason the Carolina game was close is because of a 100 yards in penalties against us.

SaintsGuy

Reaction score
Yeah to say you'd rather a close game tomorrow over a blowout is really overthinking it. In 2009 during our Super Bowl run, we came out of the bye and won 45-14 in the divisional round. Clicking on all cylinders is a great sign that your team has no rust from the bye and is ready to face playoff competition.

Of course, I hope its not a blowout, but if it is, y'all need to relax and enjoy the success, trust me.

seattlesportsfan24

Reaction score
Once we go 1-0 this week, the team will have one thing on their mind: going 1-0 next week.

This team is built on swagger, confidence, and raw competitiveness. It's who they are, and they carry it into every game.

I doubt this team will be riding "too high" regardless of the path to victory.

blowout, squeaker, whatever. JUST DONT LET THE RIDE END YET!