Cant say this bodes well for us

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
NFL tells refs to tighten up officiating calls. The "let 'em play" moniker is not to be seen this weekend. Not a shocker here. Wouldnt surprise me at all to find out this was from a call or complaints made by the 9ers or Saints organizations. This is about the time the refs over react and make this ugly!

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/11/nfl-offici ... ame-calls/

Steve2222

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":2jmqe3bb said:
NFL tells refs to tighten up officiating calls. The "let 'em play" moniker is not to be seen this weekend. Not a shocker here. Wouldnt surprise me at all to find out this was from a call or complaints made by the 9ers or Saints organizations. This is about the time the refs over react and make this ugly!

Why would the 49ers complain? The GB-SF was a "let me play officiated game" which bode well for their physical style of play that game.

5meterhawkfan

Reaction score
Can't say as though I am surprised, can't get consistency week to week or crew to crew. Just have to play and hope they don't influence the outcome of the game.

OP
OP
tonyseahawk

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":2edk02h5 said:
tonyseahawk":2edk02h5 said:

Why would the 49ers complain? The GB-SF was a "let me play officiated game" which bode well for their physical style of play that game.

Because their entire existence centers around what the hawks do. You ever listen to their fans? They think the only reason we ever win is 'cause our db's hold every play. And I promise you, every singe 9er fan and player is watching this game today. And not a single one of them is hoping for a Hawks win and would love to see the Hawks called for PI on every play.

formido

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":3pd58nzt said:

Saints led the league in offensive holding this year. Calling it tight will hurt them just as much as us.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I hate any sporting event ,..in any sport,... where officiating takes away from the play of the game,...some officials seem to
think the game is all about them, and can really take over the flow, tempo, and momentum from a given team.... let's hope
the officials play fair on Saturday afternoon

Steve2222

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":3fy89osg said:
Steve2222":3fy89osg said:
tonyseahawk":3fy89osg said:

Because their entire existence centers around what the hawks do. You ever listen to their fans? They think the only reason we ever win is 'cause our db's hold every play. And I promise you, every singe 9er fan and player is watching this game today. And not a single one of them is hoping for a Hawks win and would love to see the Hawks called for PI on every play.

I get that about the fans. But SF and us are basically carbon copies. Refs letting them play is big time for SF as well. Harbaughs just a whiney little bitch and looks for any excuse to blame a loss on.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
That's been the media narrative going into this weekend. Now the order makes it official. They're going to do everything to stop us "cheaters" from winning. First, suspend Browner and Thurmond (cuz god knows they aren't going to mess with Sherman again), then, when that failed, go the ref route.

It's the tried and true method to shut out the left wing tree huggers.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
F'in ridiculous. Been reading a PFT article quoting Gilbride of the Giant saying we cheat on every play. The number of sniveling, whining aholes is reaching historic levels. They just can't stand that our team is kicking ass.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
"F" IT.

We all knew this was coming, with WSJ article and the big, bad bully narrative.

Seahawks are a smart bunch and will test the waters early of what and what they can't do and back off if its to rough but hopefully its not another Colts game where their WR were running straight into our defenders or pushing off and flopping all over the place.

And the Head Ref is from just outside of NOLA and went to LSU.

Saints are going to need all of this "help" to keep them in this game, but as long as the Seahawks execute, they had 4 weeks to prepare for the Saints this season, so I think the Seahawks are primed and ready, they should have a great gameplan both sides of the ball and I'm sure there was a strong emphasis on Special Teams ball protection.

In the end, all this really means is its just going to close the gap a little bit more. Seahawks are going to get BIG plays called back and NO will be spotted with free 1st downs on ticky tack penalties if their offense can't get anything going.

I have made many score predictions, all but one were mock predictions: 27-14 Seahawks. I would say slanted refereeing is worth 10 points to the team getting all the impact calls in their favor (which we all know is going to be the Saints).

So, 23-20 Seahawks looks to be more realistic

The Outfield

Reaction score
I KNEW this would happen. There were practically no calls in all four games last week. I just knew the NFL wouldn't stand for that. This league is just so lame these days. I hope Gooddouche goes away and soon.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Welcome to the downside of being among the elite this stuff is nothing new for a New England or similar teams in the past.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Steve2222":9pacpiqx said:
tonyseahawk":9pacpiqx said:

Can't speak for the team, but as a fan I hated it because it takes away from the legitimacy of the win. Packers receivers getting mauled and the 9ers line holding over and over again without calls introduces doubt. FWIW in that game at least the officiating was consistently nonexistent, but I also think it creates an inferior product. I'd rather refs be under-zealous than overzealous of course, but win or not, that game was a mess and who knows what would have happened if the refs did their job and actually officiated it. Absolutely ridiculous non-calls are as bad as bad calls, IMO, and that game last week had non calls going both ways in spades.

oasis

Reaction score
I just hope the people in the locker room got this BS memo.