The Offense Doesn't Matter

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The offense doesn't need to play well for us to win a Super Bowl. Stop giving ultimatums to our offense.

This defense can stop ANYONE. This defense doesn't CARE whether the offense shows up.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The offense showed up. 174 yards rushing, 5.0 avg, 2 TDs.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
It's almost like you have to actually score points to win. It's almost like in today's NFL, you can't expect to shut out even the most inept NFL offenses on a week-to-week basis.

Unless the defense is getting like four pick-sixes in the next two games, the offense had better be consistent and not three-and-out the defense onto the field to get gassed.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea even though the offense isn't on like they've been in the past I don't see it being a problem as we move forward!

GREAT WIN!

BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3imbgk2h said:
It's almost like you have to actually score points to win. It's almost like in today's NFL, you can't expect to shut out even the most inept NFL offenses on a week-to-week basis.

Unless the defense is getting like four pick-sixes in the next two games, the offense had better be consistent and not three-and-out the defense onto the field to get gassed.

Good thing the defense scored 23.

jake206

Reaction score
Uh yes it does. How else do you think this team is going to score points?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The offense didn't play well and scored 23 points.

Exittium

Reaction score
Yes our offense needs some fixing to help with the passing, but our run game was amazing imo

Edited: Much more polite :)

davidonmi

Reaction score
Dude seriously at some point the offense needs to be there to bail the defense out

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Exittium":19psbt2g said:
We are an RUN 1ST OFFENSE, I'm tired of seeing some of these homers (Yes I said homers ) come in here, and call our offense sh!! and out because Wilson isn't throwing the ball all day.. I'm sorry did any of you see when we tried??? hint: AZ it went down hill terribly. OUR RUN 1ST OFFENSE DID AN AMAZING JOB! Our Wr's did great with their blocks. If I'm going to harp on anyone it's Tate. He missed too many catches, and stunts like letting the punt bounce doesn't help.

We have a run first offense with a crap o-line. That's stupid.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Exittium":2zskt51r said:
We are an RUN 1ST OFFENSE, I'm tired of seeing some of these homers (Yes I said homers ) come in here, and call our offense sh!! and out because Wilson isn't throwing the ball all day.. I'm sorry did any of you see when we tried??? hint: AZ it went down hill terribly. OUR RUN 1ST OFFENSE DID AN AMAZING JOB! Our Wr's did great with their blocks. If I'm going to harp on anyone it's Tate. He missed too many catches, and stunts like letting the punt bounce doesn't help.

Stop it with the strawmen. This offense needs to sustain drives instead of going three-and-out and tiring the defense out. They need to figure out how to put together first downs with some semblance of consistency.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2tkrvdfb said:
Exittium":2tkrvdfb said:

Stop it with the strawmen. This offense needs to sustain drives instead of going three-and-out and tiring the defense out. They need to figure out how to put together first downs with some semblance of consistency.

Maybe not call a garbage run play on first down followed by a garbage run play on second down?

amill87

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2ga9zeq7 said:
Exittium":2ga9zeq7 said:

We have a run first offense with a crap o-line. That's stupid.

That ran for 174 yards and closed the game out exactly when they needed to

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1cus6b0j said:
Exittium":1cus6b0j said:

27.27% of the drives were three-and-outs.

WCstripes

Reaction score
davidonmi":5s91crvv said:
Dude seriously at some point the offense needs to be there to bail the defense out

So true, something is seriously off with the passing game. 103 yards? That can not keep happening if they want to win the super bowl.

ariel9302

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1x2iu2p0 said:

marshawn lynch showed up. my grandma's aunt could have handed him the ball all day. i could have thrown that ball to baldwin. this offense looks absolutely horrible, bevell should send his paycheck to marshawn lynch and pay for all the damn skittles he wants as well. both of those failed pitches we ran today were absolutely pathetic playcalls, especially in each of their respective situations. oh, and before anyone gets all rose colored glasses about bevell, you know damn well if baldwin doesn't make that catch every swinging D on here would be calling for his ass on a platter.

amill87

Reaction score
WCstripes":3ax6mpnp said:
davidonmi":3ax6mpnp said:

So true, something is seriously off with the passing game. 103 yards? That can not keep happening if they want to win the super bowl.

Says who? Bree's threw for 300 and guess where he is next weekend?

Defense and run game win championships. That is time tested in the NFL.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
ariel9302":2cqvjwvr said:
bmorepunk":2cqvjwvr said:

marshawn lynch showed up. my grandma's aunt could have handed him the ball all day. i could have thrown that ball to baldwin. this offense looks absolutely horrible, bevell should send his paycheck to marshawn lynch and pay for all the damn skittles he wants as well. both of those failed pitches we ran today were absolutely pathetic playcalls, especially in each of their respective situations. oh, and before anyone gets all rose colored glasses about bevell, you know damn well if baldwin doesn't make that catch every swinging D on here would be calling for his ass on a platter.

He's not the best but he's what we have right now, and they're good enough to win it all.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The offense does matter. I mean they don't really need to put up 30 points a game, but can we please sustain some offensive drives. I mean today, as well as the past 5-6 weeks, where we haven't been able to do much if anything on offense for long stretches. One of these days our defense is gonna not be in total lock down mode and the offense is gonna need to step up and carry us.