Russell Wilson needs to play better

BamKam

Reaction score
I know I will get heat for this but he has been very average-below average for the past month and a half or so. Blame Bevell all you want but RW didn't even give the recievers a chance to catch some of those passes. The weather was probably a big factor but we need him to step it up a little bit if we want to win it in my opinion.

A win is a win so lets enjoy it for a day or two. Should be fun to watch SF/CAR tomorrow.

Shaz

Reaction score
The receivers were covered all game and not getting separation, also the pocket was collapsing a little too much for my liking

scakfan

Reaction score
No turnovers and great game management is good for me in this game. He has been off but he has also been on so I think it is a wash when one considers his management of the team to it's strengths. Good formula if you ask me. Heck, we could have a Luck as QB whom turns it over and has to be spectacular to try to win. Naught!!!!!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
And guess what? Russell will be in the film room at 4:30 tomorrow morning going over game film. No one works harder at improving his game. Knowing the bounce of the ball....next week could be a cake walk!

General Manager

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1yhiwwc0 said:
Nothing is going to change until we get WRs that can get open.

Been saying it for years.

WR is the top priority for this team .

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Greg's nailed it. But if Harvin and Rice played (were on the field) consistently we'd be legendary which is what (I think) this fan base expects at this point.

seabowl

Reaction score
Have to agree that his accuracy has not been Russell-like recently. Threw behind 3 receivers that I can remember today. Weather sucked but he seems off as of late.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3pvbg0wp said:
Nothing is going to change until we get WRs that can get open.

Been saying it for years.

Bring in Payton Manning, this team will blow out every game 40-3. Each of Our recievers will be over 1000 yards. RW just isnt a traditional Qb.. He needs to be a duel threat to succeed, but recently he thinks he is something else and failing horribly.

253hawk

Reaction score
Can't control the weather; expecting anyone to light it up in those conditions is just delusional. I'm just glad he didn't take any big sacks, get stripped or throw any errant passes that could have been picked.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
In fairness to RW how many balls did Tate drop today? As soon as he got popped on that first drive he never seemed to be the same. Having said that RW was off much of the day and seemed tentative. His timing was off and at times he seemed afraid to throw.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
253hawk":wccr2hyv said:
Can't control the weather; expecting anyone to light it up in those conditions is just delusional. I'm just glad he didn't take any big sacks, get stripped or throw any errant passes that could have been picked.

THe funny thing is that in the second half when the weather and wind calmed down a bit, Brees picked it up, but RW became much worst.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This was a bad weather game and Wilson did enough to protect the ball and get the W. I'm sure he'd like a number of those plays back, but it is what it is. He didn't lose us the game.

Andrew Luck just threw his second INT of the half vs. New England. First one was basically a pick-6. His mistakes are the difference in the score.

Axx

Reaction score
Maybe the weather effected his throwing? Drew breese had a couple of just awful throws also

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this is his problem. Hes almost like a college kid before finals who overdoes it. They get so overly obssessed with details, that they literaloy psyche themselves out and become paralyzed. At some point, you gotta pull the trigger. Too many thoughts in your head creates doubt. Not questioning his legendary work ethic, but it may do him some good to just let it rip this week.

Bigpumpkin":2mgwvdak said:
And guess what? Russell will be in the film room at 4:30 tomorrow morning going over game film. No one works harder at improving his game. Knowing the bounce of the ball....next week could be a cake walk!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahawkx":1h0qple9 said:
253hawk":1h0qple9 said:

THe funny thing is that in the second half when the weather and wind calmed down a bit, Brees picked it up, but RW became much worst.

Brees's 2nd-half numbers are inflated by a 52 yard catch that should have been a game-breaking INT. That was a terrible throw. A mistake that Russell didn't make today.

253hawk

Reaction score
We were also playing a ton of zone after we went up two scores. Brees was throwing to guys just settling down and standing still.