D Bailed out O and PC

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Can't believe PC didn't throw challenge on that fumble. Could have cost us the game.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Yeah that was weird . Why didn't we throw that red flag . I didn't get it at all.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure he could have. Since they called him down by contact on the field, there would have to be a clear recovery. While the Hawks ended up with the ball, it was after everyone was peeled off of the pile. I'm not sure a pile constitutes a clear recovery by NFL rules. The argument could be made that a guy in the pile could hear an official calling the play dead and give up on fighting for the ball as a result.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Gotta have a clear recovery. It's a dicey situation. A lot of struggling going on in the pile. I never saw a clear shot of the ball with a Seahawks player in possession until Wags came out with it.

Seafan

Reaction score
I don't know how much the D bailed out the O. The D gave up A LOT of yards. They let the Saints dominate the TOP as well. A lot of stuff to clean up on both sides of the ball.

irocdave

Reaction score
The offensive pass game sucked today, no doubt about it. Wilson running when he shouldn't have, several piss poor throws by Wilson, drops when Wilson made decent throws...The only reason the Hawks won the game was because of Lynch's production and sporadically great run blocking by the line. The defense did their job today even though they were not sharp.

I think Tate and PH both received concussions early in the 1st quarter. Might explain why the passing game was so poor today. It the passing game plan for the week was centered around PH and GT then that may be a partial excuse. Either way if Russel Wilson has as poor a performance as he did today the Hawks will loose badly next weekend against the niners.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Seafan":39bgltc7 said:
I don't know how much the D bailed out the O. The D gave up A LOT of yards. They let the Saints dominate the TOP as well. A lot of stuff to clean up on both sides of the ball.

They gave up a lot of yards because they were on the field all day. That happens when the O couldn't sustain any drives.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
On that fumble they told Pete the play was called dead (terrible call) so there was nothing to challenge.

BlueOne

Reaction score
Ya, you can't "clearly" recover the ball after a whistle is blown and the ref who ran in blew the whistle (incorrectly) early soooo... nothing to challenge.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The offense HAS to be better than they have been, I'd feel guilty if I were on the offensive side of the ball.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Starrman44":2ppdn7jn said:
Gotta have a clear recovery. It's a dicey situation. A lot of struggling going on in the pile. I never saw a clear shot of the ball with a Seahawks player in possession until Wags came out with it.

Not sure what you were looking at the replays I saw clearly showed it was a fumble. John Lynch was calling for Seattle to throw the flag.

Starrman44

Reaction score
SeaWolv":22st1i14 said:
Starrman44":22st1i14 said:

Not sure what you weer looking at the replays I saw clearly showed it was a fumble. John Lynch was calling for Seattle to throw the flag.

It's not the fumble that's in question. It's the clear recovery.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I do believe this is a team game. It don't matter who outplays whom, it only matters that we won.

Go 'Hawks!

BlueOne

Reaction score
SeaWolv":28b5gi0j said:
Starrman44":28b5gi0j said:

Not sure what you were looking at the replays I saw clearly showed it was a fumble. John Lynch was calling for Seattle to throw the flag.

It's not the fumble or the recovery. One of the sideline refs blew his whistle when the RB tripped and fell before he even got back up and then the RB was hit and fumbled. The incorrect whistle blow is unreviewable and essentially the rest of the play never happened.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":ozvg4k89 said:

Dominate TOP? NO 30:30, SEA 29:30 mins. That's hardly domination.

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":3v9valsg said:
The offensive pass game sucked today, no doubt about it. Wilson running when he shouldn't have, several piss poor throws by Wilson, drops when Wilson made decent throws...The only reason the Hawks won the game was because of Lynch's production and sporadically great run blocking by the line. The defense did their job today even though they were not sharp.

I think Tate and PH both received concussions early in the 1st quarter. Might explain why the passing game was so poor today. It the passing game plan for the week was centered around PH and GT then that may be a partial excuse. Either way if Russel Wilson has as poor a performance as he did today the Hawks will loose badly next weekend against the niners.

I think today was a product of a lot of things. In the first half the play calling was more open, not conservative. In the 2nd half it got conservative. RW only threw the ball 7 times in the 2nd half. At half time he had a QB rating of 89, end of game way lower. He was 9-19 which is not good, of course you add in 2 of the 3 drops and it is good again, or any of the misses he had. While I do not think he played well, there were some interesting reasons that were not all of his own doing. Example, drops, pass blocking being at best questionable, play calling, no one getting open, etc. The usual stuff. IN watching and rewatching every game and plotting all the plays, there is one very common thing- play calling and predictability. When ever we go threw long droughts in the passing it coincides with the play calling getting conservative and predictable.

Starrman44

Reaction score
BlueOne":nqxioark said:
SeaWolv":nqxioark said:
Starrman44":nqxioark said:

It's not the fumble or the recovery. One of the sideline refs blew his whistle when the RB tripped and fell before he even got back up and then the RB was hit and fumbled. The incorrect whistle blow is unreviewable and essentially the rest of the play never happened.

I never heard the whistle, I just saw the ref run in signaling "down by contact".

The overarching point is just that There wasn't anything Pete could do.

Thanks for the clarification.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
All I know is that the offense needs to pull its head out of the place where the sun don't shine if we want to win against either the Niners or Panthers next week.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Yardage stats are nice but points are the name of the game. In 2 game against the high powered Drew Brees offense, the Hawks gave up a combined total of 22 total points. That's impressive. That's a good half for that offense sometimes.

CPHawk

Reaction score
No matter what John Lynch said, you can't challenge the play, because the stupid ref had already called it dead before he got up and fumbled. A coach can't challenge if the player went down due to contact or not, and because of that the fumble was moot.