Soooo, Wilson wasn't so good today, but tell me

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Would you rather have Wilson's performance today of 9/18 for 103 yards, O TD's, O Int's and a win, along with another game to play?

or Andrew Luck's line of 20/41 for 331 yards, 2 TD's, 4 Int's and a loss, ending their season?

Perspective guys, perspective.

hawk45

Reaction score
We focus on limiting turnovers and running the ball and letting the defense work. We keep saying it'll bite us but we're still winning.

I think it's a defensible strategy at home. In the big one, we need more I think. With Percy I hope we'll have it.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
A lot more is put on Lucks' shoulders than Wilsons'. Russel is clearly playing a much more cautious style whereas Luck has to make something happen because his defense and running game stinks. I love Russel and I am so glad he is here but I do think Luck is the better QB after getting the chance to watch him play.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think teams lose a little bit when they have a bye. They might get healthier but lose edge that only comes with week in week out competition
at the highest level. JMHO. I have a feeling if we play Santa Clara, well have an easier time than NOLA. Again JMHO.

Johnny

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":fm3mubvl said:
Would you rather have Wilson's performance today of 9/18 for 103 yards, O TD's, O Int's and a win, along with another game to play?

or Andrew Luck's line of 20/41 for 331 yards, 2 TD's, 4 Int's and a loss, ending their season?

I don't get your question at all....

I would like a huge win with Wilson having a great game and not the Defense and the running game carrying him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seven INTs in a post-season means you're going to lose.

I'd rather win. I don't care how it looks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawk45":10k6gros said:
We focus on limiting turnovers and running the ball and letting the defense work. We keep saying it'll bite us but we're still winning.

I think it's a defensible strategy at home. In the big one, we need more I think. With Percy I hope we'll have it.
Agree. We may need a score in the upper 20s to beat NE or Denver in XLVIII.

McGruff

Reaction score
Johnny":b1v162ub said:
Jazzhawk":b1v162ub said:

I would like a huge win with Wilson having a great game and not the Defense and the running game carrying him.

Why does it matter how we win or who carries us? Sometimes it will be the defense. Sometimes the running game, sometimes Russell, sometimes special teams. Russell didn't hurt us today, and that's how we wanted it.

Canhawks

Reaction score
Wilson would not look so good if he had the Colts defense.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pete has long believed that he would never allow one facet of the game to kill him. He wants a team and game strategy that is largely impervious to QB play, good or bad. That affects the play calling. It also wins games. Gonna have to deal with it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Canhawks":2d88gfmi said:
Wilson would not look so good if he had the Colts defense.

He would make that defense look better. Throwing four INTs is not good for a defense. NE doesn't score anywhere close to 40 without Luck's turnovers.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russ executed the game plan he was given. It worked. Tom Brady got a lot of help from the running game today too by the way.

Johnny

Reaction score
McGruff":17rka7e6 said:
Johnny":17rka7e6 said:
Jazzhawk":17rka7e6 said:

Why does it matter how we win or who carries us? Sometimes it will be the defense. Sometimes the running game, sometimes Russell, sometimes special teams. Russell didn't hurt us today, and that's how we wanted it.

It doesn't matter how we win...... But to be a Super Bowl caliber team our Defense and Running Game should have to carry our QB.... and It's been a while since Wilson led this team to a victory... I think teams are starting to figure out how to defend him and he isn't adjusting enough..

mikeak

Reaction score
hawk45":34y12w1n said:

This was the Miami game plan. Weather made it kind of ok but it has bitten us in the past

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Wilson seems to be very unconfident right now. Worst stretch of football played by him in his career (he has gone up against a brutal stretch of good defenses and all the teams he has faced twice as well). To me it seems like he is pressing and he is playing too worried about making mistakes. I'm sure the predictable play calling isn't helping. However, last year he never seemed to ever get rattled. Just dripped confidence and played loose. We needed a score on a drive to come back and you could tell that he just expected to march the team down and make it happen....and most of the time it did.

However this year things are just off. Even at New York (which might have the worst defense in the league) he was very inconsistent. Just seems very frustrated and many of his throws are not where they need to be. Don't know what it is, but it seems that opposing DC's have caught onto something. I personally think he needs to scramble more up the middle more and force teams to stop the outside blitzes that hinder our play action roll outs. Another thing I would do is use Beast on a couple angle pass plays over the middle to soften up the middle as well. I don't think Russ will ever be great with the quick slant because of his height, but there are still many ways to soften the middle.

Good news is if Russell gets his groove and matches his talent with Beast and this defense we could easily win the next two games.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":30m7b42d said:
A lot more is put on Lucks' shoulders than Wilsons'. Russel is clearly playing a much more cautious style whereas Luck has to make something happen because his defense and running game stinks. I love Russel and I am so glad he is here but I do think Luck is the better QB after getting the chance to watch him play.

Bullshit. Why do people always pull "facts" out without checking the facts?

Colts 109 yards rushing during the regular season and they only allowed 21 points per game! Remember who they beat?

The Delf

Reaction score
It's the POs ! A little risk would be nice.. not the same "run run pass punt" pattern all over again on our O-Side... surprise your enemy !

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Wilson made the throw when he needed to, thats all I care about, it was windy too that affected a lot of the throws.